It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The time for peaceful resistance is up

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
If these people (OWS) wanted to be taken seriously they should've rioted, stormed the banks. If those 10k people wherever stormed the HQ of Chase or something then I'd say rage on. I believe it would have spread like a wild fire, have been epic. A real revolution could have occurred. While I understand their would be much collateral damage, I believe the time for peaceful resistance is up. Sitting in a park absolutely accomplishes diddly squat.

I know their are a bunch of OWS threads.. Let's focus more on a fictional scenario of what would have happened had they stormed the HQ of one of these banks, all 10k of them. Would it have spread? Would it have been a good idea? Would thousands more have joined?

Let's also focus on weather or not you agree if the time for peaceful resistance is over.

What say you, ATS
edit on 19-11-2011 by Hiasyouwant because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2011 by Hiasyouwant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Another thread just like this just got closed down. As of right now I think the heat surrounding this topic is at at too low a defcon level. Rather than getting people riled up, try to put it in a different way in an edit.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hey. Great idea to ensure a full scale police state and no freedom whatsoever.
Congrats.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hiasyouwant
If these people wanted to be taken seriously they should've rioted, stormed the banks. If those 10k people wherever stormed the HQ of Chase or something, and I'm talking burn the sucker to the ground, then I'd say rage on. I believe it would have spread like a wild fire, have been epic. A real revolution could have occurred. While I understand their would be much collateral damage, I believe the time for peaceful resistance is up.

Ten Thousand people do no represent 310 Million Americans. It does not even constitute .05% of us. So by what you're advocating you want a small minoirty to force their will on the masses or the whole just like the 1%. Is this how you want OWS to gain support?

Good job..You're Doing it Wrong!

Sitting in a park absolutely accomplishes diddly squat.

Couldn't agree more.

I know their are a bunch of OWS threads..

Yes, both Pro and Con

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hiasyouwant

not one responce to your post?i wonder why,lol.thats were the rubber meets the road and the blood starts to flow.harsh as it may seem,the ones abusing are not listening to the victims. just think up new strategy to over come them.when police officers meet them with force,intimidation,and other ways not so legal.what is there to respect?i fail to see how i could change the hearts of abusers by a peacfull enquiery to such action.did they not fail to the remorce in sight of abuse?i find it fruitless to talk with some one whos triying to kill me.and make no mistake,thats what it seems. food industry,pharma,wars,depopulation,water supplies,the list just goes on and on.yeah you might say its not all the people they still want 500 mill for slaves.will that be you?people are just frozen in there minds and a feeling of hope,lol, or powerless to act.the media is vital to unite the mass. that is why david rockfellar thanked them so much,and he was right,with out them it wouöld not have been posible to get were they are now. makes me wonder,the true treasome is in the media.
edit on 19-11-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

If these people wanted to be taken seriously they should've rioted, stormed the banks. If those 10k people wherever stormed the HQ of Chase or something, and I'm talking burn the sucker to the ground, then I'd say rage on. I believe it would have spread like a wild fire, have been epic. A real revolution could have occurred. While I understand their would be much collateral damage, I believe the time for peaceful resistance is up. Sitting in a park absolutely accomplishes diddly squat.

To appropriately answer this, I think we have to examine the facts. What is the true meaning of collateral damage?

en.wikipedia.org...

Collateral damage is damage to people or property that is unintended or incidental to the intended outcome.[1] The phrase is prevalently used as an euphemism for civilian casualties of a military action.

So, collateral damage is basically civilian casualties of a military action, or we could say a terrorist action. Which, if OWS protestors were to act in the way that you have proposed, collateral damage would mean that innocent bystanders including children and the elderly could be injured or possibly even killed.

Here's my answer to you. No fricken way!

Have you tried voting?? Just a thought!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

how many voting times have come and gone to no avail exept for the curropt to dig there claws deeper in.i see and undewrstand your point of innocents getting hurt.but i do not see how the voting proccesss will help ether.time and time again it has just benefited the currupt. it starting to look like russia exept that the man gets a new face.
or should i say germany hitler era?i dont know any more what it looks like,i do know what it doesnt look like.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
you cannot fight those in power using their own methods.
or to put it another way, violence can only beget more violence.

also, we have something far more powerful than mere brute force on our side
we have the knowledge that the things we are protesting for are right.
nobody can deny that the world is in bad shape, corruption and unnecessary wars rampant.
we do not need to descend to the level of those who try to stop this.
we have our integrity and that is why we cannot lose.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

Voting? Have I tried voting? Is that a joke? Sorry no offense but I don't think "voting" is the solution to all of our problems. Vote for whom anyway? I wonder if during the American Revolution they sat there and locked arms instead of fighting. I try to be a loving being, for what? Tell me, to be a slave? We have no other alternative. It's do or die. Marching down the street has no affect to those sitting high up in towers.

Does anyone have that poll where one of the questions majoirty of guests voted that they thought thought the time was over for peaceful protests, while on the other hand ATS members were against it

And to slayer69, what if that 10k turned into 1mil? or 10mil? And thanks for that weather quirp I giggled.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bumpufirst

Why do the same congressmen and senators stay in office for many many terms? Why aren't we voting them out? Why do we continually vote for the rich and powerful? I get your point. Yes, our government is completely corrupt and in bed with the corrupt banks and corrporations. I agree completely! It is time to change the system but it's not time to take up arms and other weapons and hurt innocent bystanders in the process!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Suggesting a mob rule mentality
and violence is more then suggesting to us
your ignorant..

Just ignorant, and ignorant to a republic..

Verse yourself in the rule of law..
edit on 19-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
What would have been accomplished in Libya had they not been violent?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

reguardless of the methods ,the innocent casualties will be.no criminal will ever go with out a battle.i see your point of opening everyones eyes to whats going on,is why i said,media is vital.perhaps the media should of been the first place to occupy

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Hmmm This is what I say about rioting:

Although it would also give the media a lot of ammo to condemn the movement, that seems to be the method to work in Greece (work as in get attention to the issues).

This could go two ways - spread and succeed.
or
Double-super-officially turn the US into a demonic police state.

A big risk, but this is one idea whose time may come soon.

The anti-ows smear movement has been very successful. Both in the mainstream media and on the internet, there are a lot of interviews on youtube of the least intelligent people down there (I know they are the least intelligent because I watched the live feed and a lot of people down there are smart, but like in any group it is a varied mix). These people on the poplar YT videos and TV clips are the face of the movement to people who haven't dug deeper.

With that being said, I am confused about the future, a vast majority of people haven't really researched the issues. Even apparently candidates like Cain.

Personally I think we may need to wait some months, OWS needs to unite with the base of the Tea Party who just didn't like bail outs too. (for people who say OWS doesn't have a focus, all though it is not official, the bail outs is one of the focuses, I hear them chant about it in the live feeds very often)

Bill'O and friends have have cast a spell over most of the Tea Party and is maintaining that left/right paradigm. As soon as pro Tea Partier Fox viewers realize OWS was protesting the same things they originally were (before they got co-opted with republicans.. flash back: the the tea party wasn't always republican), or once they realize OWS has been using some of the tactics as the original boston tea party, then we may be able to move forward. This will be hard, because the only way to do this is to talk to these people in real life as they are not so internet save... Alas, in the long run all that's in the way is egos, so I am hopeful because it's all just an illusion which is falling apart nicely.

edit- for those who don't know much about OWS, it says right on the website it goal is American Revolution, so while you may not support that, such tactics have been used in most revolutions, so we are just repeating history..
edit on 19-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Nice comments to memorialise on the Net.

The way things are going...

These comments could someday be used against you.

Isn't "Free Speech" a fantastic right.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

What would have been accomplished in Libya had they not been violent?

You would have a point

IF BIG IF

IF BIG IF

The peaceful protesters were being mowed down BY LIVE AMMO like in SYRIA..
Defiant Syria kills more civilian protesters
www.washingtonpost.com...

The whole concept of comparing the two is moot and pointless..

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hiasyouwant

I just know that kinds of protest will not last long. People want to see their efforts to have results. Elites give people more time to get tired and get away.

But I think that people should always stand united, though.

That is why a leader is good for that movement.

OWS needs a leader

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
How about, i don't know , running for election? Sitting in the park is not effective when novelty is wearing off, but what about OWS party, clearing saying what in their opinion is wrong and how it is to be fixed.
Lack of money is not that big a problem when there are free activists,sitting in the park. And there is options for donations ,ensuring that only common people can provide it. It will not get 99% of voters, but it will have constant power to influence and even change stuff.
Option for violence will bury the movement once and for all.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Nothing in history has been accomplished with non violence,you idiots be religious while the elite are satanists,be sheep and listen too your masters you deserve exactly what they got planned for you.

You are all programmed and brainwashed. You GOYIM must fight fire with fire wake up.How are
your results so far, look what they have done too you, there results speak volumes.

HAVE a nice death when your new NAZIS regime pillage your family and loved ones.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join