It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lobbying firm's memo spells out plan to undermine Occupy Wall Street

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Lobbying firm's memo spells out plan to undermine Occupy Wall Street

A well-known Washington lobbying firm with links to the financial industry has proposed an $850,000 plan to take on Occupy Wall Street and politicians who might express sympathy for the protests, according to a memo obtained by the MSNBC program “Up w/ Chris Hayes.”

The proposal was written on the letterhead of the lobbying firm Clark Lytle Geduldig & Cranford and addressed to one of CLGC’s clients, the American Bankers Association.

CLGC’s memo proposes that the ABA pay CLGC $850,000 to conduct “opposition research” on Occupy Wall Street in order to construct “negative narratives” about the protests and allied politicians. The memo also asserts that Democratic victories in 2012 would be detrimental for Wall Street and targets specific races in which it says Wall Street would benefit by electing Republicans instead.

Let's review;

A well-known lobbying firm, letter addressed to the American Bankers Association, and this:

"The memo also asserts that Democratic victories in 2012 would be detrimental for Wall Street and targets specific races in which it says Wall Street would benefit by electing Republicans instead.

(T)he bigger concern,” the memo says, “should be that Republicans will no longer defend Wall Street companies.”

No kidding - that is the PURPOSE OF OWS - to RID GOVERNMENT of these politicians who DEFEND WALL STREET BANKERS.

Read source for many more links including a copy of the entire memo.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I don't consider this to be the first instance of an organization to undermine OWS (or the TPM), just one of the biggest trying to get in on the act. The troubling part is the "negative narrative" they claim they can achieve, all for the low low price of $850K. "Negative narrative" has been the word against OWS from the Faux News and their Koch-backed agenda.

There is a legitimate groundswell of anger against the bankers, and it should be felt by both #OWS and the TPM, instead we get one group pitted against the other and any attempt at a true revolution in politics crushed by this "negative narrative" spun by the bankers themselves.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
my bad, this was already posted - www.abovetopsecret.com...
Mods please close

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Nice to see someone on top of things Blackmarketeer.

I liked......

Part of the plan CLGC proposes is to do “statewide surveys in at least eight states that are shaping up to be the most important of the 2012 cycle.”

Specific races listed in the memo are U.S. Senate races in Florida, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Wisconsin, Ohio, New Mexico and Nevada as well as the gubernatorial race in North Carolina.

Just how blind are the sheeple when the plan is in their face.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Yes there is a huge smear campaign at play against OWS, even here on ATS. It is safe to say imho that some of them may be here creating threads and posts aimed to smear OWS based on fallicy and disinformation. Well the best we can do simply put is neutralize disinformation with factual raw data. There was a campaign against the Tea party as well here a few months ago here with the same modus operndi.

They hide behind the "it's just my opinion" while knowingly regurgitating propaganda. We were totally expecting the banks to deploy shills against OWS. They are confirming to us that we "OWS" the 99% are a threat by taking these actions. There is no shame to their game. They are criminals and deceivers through and through. Tha'ts hat got them rich in the first place.
edit on 19-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

"It will be vital,” the memo says, “to understand who is funding it and what their backgrounds and motives are. If we can show that they have the same cynical motivation as a political opponent it will undermine their credibility in a profound way.”

Oh, yay...I am quite miffed by now after I just finished ranting about OWS and their propaganda tactics. I can not wait for the propaganda fight to start rolling out at a faster pace than it already does now. Sit back and enjoy the status quo show.

“The logic is clear -- propaganda is to a democracy what the bludgeon is to a totalitarian state and that's wise and good because again the common interests elude the bewildered herd, they cant figure them out. The public relations industry not only took this ideology on very explicitly but also acted on it, that's a huge industry, spending hundreds of..by now probably on the order of a billion dollars a year on it or something and its commitment all along was to controlling the public mind.” Chomsky

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Scumbags.

I wouldn't be surprised if this bunch of animals' becomes a valid target for the 'Anonymous' treatment...

I can't think of a more deserving candidate for electronic shenanigans.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

GREAT catch. It's all marketing - beware. Watch for the spin, even on ATS.

S&F&

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I appreciate the feedback, but please add your comments to the existing thread;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Great job !
I was going to do my very first thread on this issue, but honestly
I'm glad you brought it up first, you did a much better job than I would have.
S&F

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Haha, anonymous.

Forget about them. The people are angry now, the American people. Don't be surprised if some group of individuals decide to exact justice by their own means. The situation is just getting worse, and the corruption is becoming more apparent. Sooner or later, the sheep will become ravenous mad dogs.

As for me, I'm going to sit back and watch as the world changes. I'm here for a reason, so I'll watch the show.

top topics

join