It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron and his cronies screwing the sick yet again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

People should be signed off for long-term sickness by an independent assessment service and not GPs, a government-backed review says. The review also suggests tax breaks for firms which employ people who suffer from long-term conditions. It is estimated the changes would send 20% of those off sick back to work. A Department for Work and Pensions spokesman said: "The government is committed to supporting more people with health conditions to work."

www.bbc.co.uk...

Right this is #ing disgusting. Not only are they planning to employ yet another private company, more than likely NOT a british company - if anyone has had any dealings with ATOS and their outright incompetence, then they are likely to know where I am coming from - to deal with the sick. People often sign off sick from work because they are unable to work. So forcing them back into work is abhorrent and just proves that the government do not care a damn about a single one of us, they just want us to pay taxes and not claim the things our ancestors fought for.

I HATE this government, and if I was able to, I would gladly bring them down with as much violence as I could muster.

Cue all the ignorant to chip in with their approval of the governments plans to continue to screw the the most vulnerable of society.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

If your genuinely ill you will have nothing to worry about. I see this as their way of rooting out those who habitually abuse the system. This doesn't meen we should be complacent however, as the system itself could be abused by whatever company is doing the assessing.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Tell that to the people who go through HELL at the hands of ATOS, because they are actually genuinely ill and ATOS are so incompetent. And those who are cheating them know how to play the system and get through it with no problems at all. Its NOTHING To do with protecting the genuinely needy, its EVERYTHING to do with taking money from those who need it the most in order to balance their budget, which is unbalanced due to government corruption.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Absolutely sickening.

No pun intended.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Grifter with the greatest of respect, pull your head out of the clouds. I really hope you are never sick and need the governments help with benefits, because god help you if you do.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I agree that they shouldn't force people who can't work to work, neither should they take their money/benefits either.

The message is that if you have a claim of long term sick, their going to see what jobs you can do, and not what you can't. Naturally they wan't everyone into work they can get. In order to balance the books.

Mind you, financial crisis or not, with a Tory government this was on the cards anyway IMO.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by chaztekno

Why is my head in the clouds? If I get sick, I get sick. I'm not one to claim but if I needed to I expect I'd get something.

But if I knew I could work in some fashion I'd be doing that instead.
edit on 19/11/2011 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Hey, first time poster here, but ive always kept up to date with the news this site has to offer for about a year now.

i completely agree that this move david cameron has made is sickening, along with most moves hes made, i believe it has nothing to do with balancing the books what so ever, we pay taxes and have done for a long time that alone covers the people who are job seeking or who are unable, the division that these polititions create to turn us against eachother is sickening alltogether, they say "get a job!", i say "where are the jobs?". I for example with do a job that actually provides for me and my family, i will not work myself into deeper debt and unable to afford the electric bill.

We should back date all the bogus expenses the politicians have made over the years and get them to pay it all back!, that would help the econemy. and stop their wages to ofcourse, no man should be paid to direct the course of a country, it should be a privalige.

but ofcourse these are just my opinions, i respect all the comments posted here.

(soz if theirs mistakes or bad grammer my 8 month daughter is sat on my lap trying to peal off my face lol)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
ATOS are scum of the earth. They make £300 for every person they kick off the sick....hence everyone who sees them is kicked off.

You then have to go through a long drawn out tribunal....where the DWP advise the tribunal to go in favor of ATOS not the real medical professionals.

ATOS is an IT firm......they employ all the GP's and Doctors that CANNOT work with people due to their attitude, behavior and bad manners. These are the bottom scum in the medical field...they cant get a proper job because they are bordering on mental themselves.

The government need to look at the tax avoidance by large companies...which cost us over £30 billion a year. But they wont, because the ill are easy to pray on....far easier than a multinational company!!

ATOS give 0 points to near enough everyone....because it makes them £300.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

You missed out an important point - ATOS are an AMERICAN firm. This means all of our private details are in the hands of a foreign company.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Well i have a genuine illness, ive had it since 1999 and the prognosis is pretty dire. This didn't stop them taking me of off my sickness benefit's and finding me fit for work. I am looking for employment but i know if i do get a job i would last a matter of weeks at the most before my illness get's worse. They want me to drag myself to work to pay tax money to the (Private) Bank of England, they couldn't care less if i die in the process. Where is the fairness in that?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Im so sorry for the amount of people i may upset with my next comments so pls dont hold it against me.

The benefits systems has become so much of a joke its pointless even having them...

I have 1 child.and another on the way. i live in the countryside where jobs are harder to.come.by. than in a city.

My point is, we have people in our area that are qualified in screwing the goverment out of everything they can get. all of them are.capable of working but they think.its the goverments duty to.support them.

We have to rent privatley, our rent is 625 per.month and i am paid 800 for a fulltime.job.

I have 175 per month to feed and pay bills . all these people refusing to work have council hOmes, there rent is paid for them, which btw is a third of what private renter have to pay.

I claim tax credits to support us but thats all. Working doesnt pay. maybe we should follow these unwilling to work folk who get everything paid for them...

1 bloke i remember. he gave up work all together and decided he would become an alcholic so he could go on the sick and get free goverment funded courses while screwing the credit card companies as well.... the world is just unfair

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbiy666

While I completely agree with what you are saying, there definitely are idiots who are abusing the system, but really, can you blame them when they have a choice between slavery dressed up as employment, or freedom to do what they want? Depending on their circumstances, they get around £65 a week if they are capable of work. Can you really begrudge them of living practically in poverty? I certainly don't. Its their life, they are entitled to live it how they want and take advantage of what they are legally entitled to.

That £65 a week, plus around another £60 or so a week on housing benefit, is nothing compared to what the politicians spend on expenses, in addition to their salary, which are both tax payer funded. That £65 a week is nothing compared to the tax breaks big corporations get. Nothing compared to the banker bailouts, etc etc. The government need to get their priorities straight, and start dealing with the REAL criminals. But unfortunately thats too close to home for them and you know the saying, "honour amongst theives". They all look after each other and those who they are in bed with, as long as they play ball.

But thats not the issue here, Those are NOT the people being targetted. The people being targetted now are the sick and disabled. The people LEAST ABLE to fight back against all the cuts aimed at them. This is why the government have targetted them. They are bullies, they are predators. Its disgusting and makes me so angry that me and others in my situation are being targetted by these animals, all so they can balance their books they unbalanced through their dirty corrupt practices.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
cameron and his cronies and all the other partys dongive a damn about there own people, Im sick and disabled since about 3 years ago, I lied to go to work since age of 15 am now 53 have had chronic illness since nage of 9 have been through the ATOS system and complete liars, never known a health care proff. to lie !!!!!!!! cameron will not aknoledge there are people that are chronicly sick, whilst the pigs at the trough get fatter, if my health carries on the way it is I WILL MAKE ONE LAST STATEMENT AT 10 DOWNING ST WHILST ALL THE THEIVES ARE THERE HOPEFULLY WITH THERE FAMILYS !!!!!!!!!!! ABSOLUTE B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STEVE

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hootsmanwheresmaheid

Well i have a genuine illness, ive had it since 1999 and the prognosis is pretty dire. This didn't stop them taking me of off my sickness benefit's and finding me fit for work. I am looking for employment but i know if i do get a job i would last a matter of weeks at the most before my illness get's worse. They want me to drag myself to work to pay tax money to the (Private) Bank of England, they couldn't care less if i die in the process. Where is the fairness in that?

The point though is where is the fairness in the rest of society paying for you to not work? I am sorry you have an illness that causes pain, discomfort, etc but why the hell should i be paying to support you? You should be doing whatever work that you feasibly can do.

I am sick to death of people thinking they are entitled to being supported indefinitely by the rest of society, which is tantamount to what long term sick means. I understand that people need a hand from time to time when circumstances dictate but it is undeniable there are a sizeable proportion that use long term sick as an excuse to do nothing.

Go on then flame away. Won't change my views or the views of most people in this country.

top topics

join