It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
So after lurking this site at work for a while, me and all my co workers finally decided to make accounts so we could participate; we all share a heavy interest in a lot of the things discussed on this forum. We work long hours overnight and spend a lot of time digging through the boards reading theories out loud to each other in southern accents. Something about that just gets you through the day, try it sometime...

I'm mostly interested in paranormal/UFO theories. Also, is anyone out there a practicing witch? If so I'd like to discuss magick and pagan spirituality.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by THE666OCCULT

Hi, I always confused magic and magicK. It is my understanding one is a metaphorical process, whereas the other one invokes literal changes. Is this correct?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ExploringInfinity

I think there is a lot of confusion on it. I believe the word magick is generally used to denote actual ritual working, versus magic being just a general word that is used to describe illusion and performance, like david blaines work.

Plus I think the "ck" is used because it's a more traditional spelling and that's just, well, cooler.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by THE666OCCULT

Welcome to ATS, THE666OCCULT. Good to have you with us.

Re your query about witches, I am not one myself but we do have several amongst the ATS membership. For example, our member Druid42 recently posted a thread entitled All things Pagan. A Druid's guide and that might be a good place for you to start looking. The thread's about 14 pages long and there's some interesting stuff to read there.

You can also use the ATS "search" function and find info that way.

Once you have 20 posts you can use the U2U (private message) system to contact other members if you want to privately discuss an area of common interest. Meanwhile, just post in some threads that interest you and you'll get your 20 posts pretty fast.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Witchcraft has never been a topic i've done much research into, and so far since i've been on this site i've seen alot of posts from alot of very interesting people. thank you for posting your interests, you've given me a new topic to do some research into

top topics

join