It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Yes.. another "Black Friday " is a upon us. I believe this year it is time to really send a message across America. With all of these current protests. OWS, Tea Party and such all really should be on the same page when it comes down to putting the money back into the small business to help this economy.
Enough with the chain stores! Send the message. Buy local. Buy from small business "Mom an Pop shops" . Spend a little more for the better service. Buy U.S.A. made. Buy crafts. Trade within-family services. Defeat the China product takeover! Leave the Japanese market behind (probably full of radiation and contaminating the big stores now anyway). I haven't even been to a Walmart, ect; since before the last market crash.
Show we don't need a big government to fix the economy! The people can turn this around! Teach the children!

BREAK THE CHAINS!

Since Gerald has been in the spotlight this week I thought he had a good message in this video. Mainly starting at around 9:23 or so for those that dislike for whatever. Rant over.... Happy Holidays...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruptedstructure

This was well worth posting & deserves to be viewed. Whereas most threads focus on a specific issue, what Gerald Celente explains here gives a great up-to-date overview of how desperate things really are.

S&F

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I absoutely agree. Shop small, shop local.

That is a campaign that the Chamber of Commerce is undertaking this year.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I like Gerald C, doeant mince his words. As for putting money back into small businesses, we need to get it back from the bankers first! They have stolen all the money, thats why there is none.

But before the economy is sorted out I want them to stop srpaying all that crap over me in the sky, and stop poisoning my family.

edit on 19-11-2011 by TheMindWar because: Removed word

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I always seem to have a job where I have to work on black Friday. I'm happy that I do not work retail. I hear about the conscious nightmare from my family that does work in a chain retail store (which most have got out of). I would have a huge smile on my face if come next weekend the news reported the big chains virtually empty!

edit on 19-11-2011 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You mean this chamber of commerce?

economyincrisis.org...

Or is that just last year...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Yes. Shop in mom and pop stores and allow the owners to be able to buy a boat. A trip to the Bahamas. A Euro handbag. A euro car. A euro shirt. A Jap electronics. A China made iPhone...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Where I live they are lucky to buy heating fuel.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruptedstructure
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You mean this chamber of commerce?

economyincrisis.org...

Or is that just last year...

You know, whatever the politics are at the upper levels, the local action of our Chamber, as well as many others in the area I know, make it more than worth while.

I don't pay attention to national level affairs with the Chamber, as I often disagree But local level actions....I am fortunate to have one of the best Chamber directors in Texas

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I cant find a hardware store,meat store,bakery, anymore, The big boxes have put most out of business. I completely support the Mom and Pops, if I can find one.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Talk about blind patriotism.
Your first priority should be your own pocket. The money you save buying from the big box stores you can then blow on mom and pop dining places. Last I heard they still haven't outsourced waitressing jobs to China.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I like this post. I do know that Mom & Pop stores do tend to be more expensive but I have found that often they carry the unique. I also like craft fairs, I just went to one and a few of the sellers were unemployed trying to make a buck or two on selling crafts.

I usually am a Black Friday shopper but I don't think so this year. I really don't need what they are selling at screaming deals. We had a family meeting and voted to make the holidays special instead of materialistic. If buying American made products will help a person keep their job so they can have a holiday also then I say support USA products & the little guy!

new topics

top topics

join