It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justifying Terror!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Condemnation
Iraq's leading Muslim authority, the Association of Muslim Scholars, has condemned the killing, saying the captives were "simple people" who did not deserve their fate.

Dr Harith al-Dhari, secretary general of the AMS, told Aljazeera that "we are against killing hostages, particularly if it has been a group execution".

"Those 12 Nepalese hostages are simple people. They might have been deceived to serve the occupation forces."

"I wish they had not been treated so cruelly," he added.

Al-Dhari also called for the fair treatment of all persons in Iraq, irrespective of religion and creed.

"Through Aljazeera, I call on all groups who claim they are resistance and Islamic groups to be more merciful, just and humane while dealing with captives despite their religion, trends and reasons behind their presence in Iraq," he said.

Link

Notice: condemnation is clearly directed at the treatment of hostages (captives) and not the act of taking hostages.

[edit on 4-9-2004 by looking4clues]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I think hes being wise, he's taking things slowly and making the rebels feel like he's on their side, i think its going to take more of this attitude and a few more years to get people to calm down and accept that they are under a new system of government, running in guns blazing does not work.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by electric squid carpet
I think hes being wise, he's taking things slowly and making the rebels feel like he's on their side, i think its going to take more of this attitude and a few more years to get people to calm down and accept that they are under a new system of government, running in guns blazing does not work.

I disagree, if he was a man with any basic humanity in his character, which most muslims lack, he should have denounced the practice of taking hostages.

[edit on 4-9-2004 by looking4clues]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by looking4clues
if he was a man with any basic humanity in his character, which most muslims lack

Well you seem like you could brush up a little on your humanity partner. Maybe if you got out more you might understand a bit more about 'most muslims'. Islam is some worldwide army of terrorists and people with no humanity to people like you, pathetic.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Wolves are always thirsty for blood, even if the sheep has done nothing to it.

join