It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photographer captures stunning images of UFOs above Hatfield

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Jason, the important thing is that you are UFO watching and that you joined here to share in the debate. I thank you for that.
edit on 22-11-2011 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk
reply to post by alfa1

wow, well done , star for you sir..

it certainly looks like a lens artefact to me. ....maybe a lens cover would help ??
Yes Alfa did an outstanding job replicating the lens artifact.

They make a device called a lens hood to reduce such artifacts which have a source outside the field of view of the lens. Here is a cross-sectional diagram of what it looks like and it shows how it blocks the stray light coming in from the side. It also shows the inner construction of the compound lens and how you can get artifacts like the ghosting from multiple lens element surfaces:

toothwalker.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0dbc704fdd79.png[/atsimg]
The light ray coming in from the top left is an example of the type of "artifact" that would be blocked by use of a lens hood.

see how multiple lens elements can create the multiple reflections we see here (ghosting)?

Originally posted by thepixelpusher
These points are environmental lights and lens artifacts that anyone regularly using a compound lens camera sees. Classic shapes. This is not paranormal or extra planetary.

You can even see the optical ghosting of the supposed Hatfield UFO to the right of the main image due to multiple lens optics.

I've personally taken photos with 35mm cameras for the last 34 years and have also worked with professional photograpers in my advertising design work. These photos show optical artifacts.

Jason, to get rid of these optical effects in your pictures you can do the same thing I did and get a lens hood for the end of your lens (and maybe a better coated lens too).
Indeed the ghosting was a dead giveaway of a lens artifact, and lens hood is a good solution to this problem.

Originally posted by Jasonlreeve
reply to post by alfa1

WOOOHA! That looks Identical to my photo! In fact That looks so much like what I photographed I am a bit shocked!

It seems so inconceivable to me that it was lens flare though, as I saw this object with my eyes! Some have claimed that your eyes can have the same effect. Im unconvinced by that at the minute, I feel I would know if my eyes where playing a trick on me!
I also am not sure your eyes can have the same effect but I'm reasonably sure we are looking at lens artifacts in the photos.

However it's possible you saw one thing but what you ended up photographing was something else.

You wouldn't be the first person that's happened to.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So I think we've solved this. No hard feelings, Jason. Bring any photos to ATS, and we'll figure them out. This one took 13 pages. That's about right.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Hi there,

Thanks for the polite reply
and for the great explanation of the lens cover,

cheers
snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Here's a look at that lens anomaly moving

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

That's not a lens artifact, that's a sub-miniature UFO flying around. You need to start a new thread on a species that is microscopic, influencing our thoughts.

We get your point, excellent work.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by splittheatom

Great article & pictures- S & F!. Did you know that these UFOs look just like some of the statues pictured in Zechariah Sitchin's books?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
if he took those pictures with a Canon 60D then he needs to take that camera back to the store and get his money back. Those pictures are horrible and the "light" looks photoshopped :/

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

His photos are excellent. Makes me want my 60d even more. If you're referring to the pics in this discussion, they've been zoomed and cropped.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Those are strange looking objects.

Although it's a bit of a mystery as to why aliens would be interested in Hatfield.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sicksicksick
Those are strange looking objects.

Although it's a bit of a mystery as to why aliens would be interested in Hatfield.

It's sorted. Did you not read the posts above yours? They are not UFOs.
Also - just a reminder - UFO means exactly that - 'unidentified'. It does not mean 'alien'.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join