It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU bans claim that water can prevent dehydration-No really!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
God knows where to put this, mods feel free to move, perhaps we need an "EU Political madness" forum.

Well yes you read the title correctly, read the article and see what you make of it because i'm still trying to come to terms with it. "did I read that right?" "am I dreaming?" are just some of the questions I have asked my self.

EU bans claim that water can prevent dehydration

EU officials concluded that, following a three-year investigation, there was no evidence to prove the previously undisputed fact.

Three years!!!! Wonder how much tax payers money was wasted on that!!

A meeting of 21 scientists in Parma, Italy, concluded that reduced water content in the body was a symptom of dehydration and not something that drinking water could subsequently control.

Surely drinking water helps your body replenish its water???

Madness!!

EU bans claim that water can prevent dehydration

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
truly bloody incredible... wouldve expected that sort of idiocy from the americans before the eu..

Tho some I know would say vodka works better than water..wonder if can submit the idea for a study and collect some cash..

link   
Is this real?
Because then they would need to change the definition of the word dehydration.

link   
That's what you get from a bunch of inbreds.
It really doesn't matter what they say at this point.

NHS health guidelines state clearly that drinking water helps avoid dehydration, and that Britons should drink at least 1.2 litres per day.

Nuff said.

First they ban herbal medicines (bending down to big pharma), then they try making water less important with this utter BS.

All this with OUR money.

C'mon people wake up. Europe is a fraud.

edit on 19-11-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
If it is pure water it will not hydrate the body. There needs to be a small amount of sodium to make the water coductive which allows for electrolytes to replenish

So on a technical level pure water H2O Doesn't hydrate, but water most of the time is not pure it has minerals in it

But that is a very technical point and the general consensus is that water hydrates
edit on 19-11-2011 by THEDUDE86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Ha hahaha ok now I will be waiting for the label in the us to read this product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

edit on 11/19/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

I couldn't have put it simpler myself,

About time we put pressure on our own so called leaders to pull out of the private European Game that is basically a project of unelected gangsters to leech the life out of the honest hard working people who value health, family values far more than war, wealth and child molesting.

I don't think anybody takes these clowns seriously anymore! it's comical watching them worm n squirm trying to save that dying dream.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

True, but this ruling refers to bottled mineral water.

You really couldn't make this crap up could you!!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by waveydavey

Very funny. These are the type of guys that spent time arguing if a bear poops in the woods. Perhaps even the question, if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

Was this printed on April 1st by any chance?
edit on 19-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

I wish it was from April 1st, it was yesterday!!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kushin

I couldn't have put it simpler myself,

About time we put pressure on our own so called leaders to pull out of the private European Game that is basically a project of unelected gangsters to leech the life out of the honest hard working people who value health, family values far more than war, wealth and child molesting.

I don't think anybody takes these clowns seriously anymore! it's comical watching them worm n squirm trying to save that dying dream.

And I don't think I could've said it better either, thank's, welldone

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by waveydavey

And people wonder why the world is so f'ed up. We have people spending thousands, possibly millions, doing tests to find out if water actually helps dehydration. How retarded can they be?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Bob: I feel like I'm dehydrating...what should I do?
Jim: Well...you certainly don't want to drink water my friend.
Bob: Huh?
Jim: Just trust me...
Bob: But look, wikipedia doesn't agree with you!
Jim: Wikipedia doesn't know a thing man, anyone can change it...

Prevention

Dehydration is best avoided by drinking sufficient water. The greater the amount of water lost through perspiration, the more water must be consumed to replace it and avoid dehydration.

Treatment

The treatment for minor dehydration often considered the most effective, is drinking water and stopping fluid loss.

Dehydration - Wikipedia

edit on 19-11-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I see the failure to read original material so as not come to ridiculous conclusion has spread from the rampant paranoid anti european British press to ATS.

Please read the ruling, which is not actually a ruling and thus not legally enforceable. (mistake 1). If you do you will realise that it is trying to clarify the following. Lets use food as an example:

* If I state on a pork pie that eating this food item will prevent starvation everybody here would agree that that statement is nonsense ie someone can eat a single pork pie and die of starvation!

So the equivalent for water is :

* Drinking this product will prevent dehydration.

Clearly literally incorrect. It all depends on what you are doing, rate of water loss, exercise etc. In addition your bodies salts and minerals affects hydration.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

All I got to say to you is spend a week on a desert without water.

When you get back, what's going to be on your mind mate? Addition of salts in the body? Minerals?

Or wait for it.....

Water?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

That's why they simply say "this product can HELP prevent dehydration".
Just like eating a pork pie would HELP prevent starvation.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Here's my solution; take these doubters out into the desert and leave them there for 18 hours with no water. Then when they're nice and dry, give them a glass of H20. You can actually FEEL the water rehydrating you when you're that dehydrated. I've experienced this myself.
I wonder how much of Britain's taxes went into this non-research?

~FugitiveSoul

edit on 19-11-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
this is more insane than the alien cat camcorders thread from a while back. the EU are more nuts than that guy, no offence to OP of that thread, it was less insane because it was a question of sorts not a demand.

what makes me want to find my nearest space shuttle and exit quickly is that people will buy this, and that official probably phd level scientists have the balls to even say something as utterly bonkers as 'water does not rehydrate you' >_> I mean...come on, really? from the same people that 10 years ago that said setting fire to water was impossible, even though it had already been done, call me a skeptic =/ I don't think I need to go on.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

reply to post by malcr

All I got to say to you is spend a week on a desert without water.

When you get back, what's going to be on your mind mate? Addition of salts in the body? Minerals?

Or wait for it.....

Water?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join