It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Raid Home, Shoot Dogs and Assaults Eldery...Over X-Box Game

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This is completely insane! These people live only 30 minutes from my home and this story has been buzzing around the area ever since it occurred.

Matthew Spaulding says he and his family were terrorized at their own home by police who slammed his grandmother to the ground and shot his dogs-- missing his head by less than an inch.

Perry Police are not commenting. And they're refusing to turn over any paperwork or reports about the incident saying it's part of an ongoing investigation. But we were able to get copies of the search warrants. One warrant shows police were looking for any kind of legal or illegal drugs. The other shows police were looking for a stolen X-Box video game system. No drugs and no stolen games were found--and no one was arrested.

Over an X-Box game and drugs that were never found? The police state is ramping-up as stories such as these become more and more common. This is complete disrespect and carelessness.

Innocent until proven guilty? Not anymore.......

WHOTV

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Sounds like a heavy handed judge and jury to me, you got accused of theft so they kill a member of the family and beat up granny. Hell even if he did steal it and hide it somewhere I don't think he will do it again.

eta Wait a minute they where looking for a stolen xbox and drugs? where the drugs reported stolen with the xbox? How did they get a search warrant for both if it wasn't? Something doesn't smell right here.
edit on 19-11-2011 by jonco6 because: +

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
would be interesting to figure who signed the search warrant

A stolen X-Box is normally not enough for raiding a home, except there was something else in the game, and you mentioned drugs.
This is of course a serious incident and should happen only in cases where society has to be protected at some point, but a stolen X-box is, - at least in my opinion-, not enough.

But on the other hand .. you mentioned the police did ?

guess what these headhunters do ... this is something i never really understood about the US, that a group of individuals can simply do that if they think you harbour someone at home whom they think they are looking for.
wheres the search warrant in this case ?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

This reeks of stupid brutality. Sounds like they were just waiting for marching orders on that house and when they came, they had their fun. This is the kind of thing that denotes bad cops imo. It really does sound like a case of guilty until proven innocent. SHAME!

Now comes the part where the MSM bashes the entire family as life long militant criminals and we can all feel better about living in a safer country thanks to those wonderful police officers.
edit on 19-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
There are so many of these stories . Once people got upet , but now everyone accepts it as normal behaviour and become the enablers of these steroid bloated charactures .

So what are the people in your town going to do about this ?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I think the real question is why did police from Perry, Ia, which is in Dallas County, serve a warrant in Jefferson, Ia that sits in Greene County?

Greene county has their own force to serve warrants. I will dig up more as it comes out, but this sounds like a complete load of BS to me.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
How much longer will the populace put up with this?
Sooner than they would like to think, I can see police start to dissapear on their way home from work.

People will only be victimized for so long then they become proactive.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
those cops don't even deserve the air they breathe to put it nicely.

killing a innocent dog is going to mess with that family emotions a lot if they are attached to their dog like i am (and probably most people who own dogs). that's a unforgivable act, they deserve jail time for that and a massive fine. because that's clearly out of line and those types of cops need to be sent a clear message but sadly, i suspect those in situations like that get off with just a slap on the wrist with maybe just being fired which is no where near a fair punishment for something that extreme and a massive abuse of their authority.

personally... if i was that family i would sue to maximum extent and your surely going to win. if not, those cops are the scum of society doing what they did and they surely have it coming to them to put it nicely.

i know not all cops are that bad but sadly in this day in age i think many civilians look at the average cops as more negative than positive due to them craving the authority/power they have over others as they are there to serve the public, not to go on a power trip which sadly the power trip seems more common than serving public. because based on my experiences with them, and i am just a average person who never gets in trouble with the law, you can just tell they crave the power which makes me dislike them quite a bit.

I can see police start to dissapear on their way home from work.

personally... if that happened to those involved here i can guarantee i would not complain as those people are no where near decent human beings.

if that stuff started happening it would probably sent those pigs a clear message as i feel stuff of this happens probably more than we know and they know they can probably get away with it with just a slap on the rist or maybe get fired at the most which they should be in jail or a massive fine at the minimum.
edit on 19-11-2011 by ThaCrip because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This is where you'd almost wish people had CC video in their house so that the police couldn't lie their way out of it. And it would also give people something to rally behind. Instead they'll keep it under wraps for a few months until everyone forgets about it and then they'll dismiss any wrong doing as they were just doing their jobs etc.

At this point, I'm not sure who's to blame more for the abusive cops, the people who forget about stuff after just a few weeks and no longer hold them accountable, or the cops in full body armor that think they can shoot anything that moves and having it being justified...

+25 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
If you shoot a police dog it's as the same as shooting an officer perhaps it's time to charge the cops for killing a member of your family!!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Absolutely disgusting,

There's never even an excuse for roughing up the elderly.

The public needs to start pulling the law up, on EVERY little mistake/error they make,

Its only because they have got away with misconduct, for so long and on so many levels,

that they think they can do as they please.

If people put in a complaint on EVERY observed deviation from the police code of conduct,

I think we would have a few more careful coppers strolling about.

Unless (And this I suspect) the higher ups are actually encouraging this behaviour?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
More evidence that "serve and protect" is an antiquated, BS motto.

We are citizens. We should have every right to the same equipment and weapons as the state specifically for the reason that we must be able to defend ourselves from tyranny! Our 2nd amendment has nothing to do with sport or hunting. It's in plain print, black and white, that we may defend ourselves, our family and property from an out of control government.

When cops have a problem that we are armed, that's too bad. When cops pull me over and walk up to my truck, hand on their pistol because I have a Sig Sauer sticker, and ask if I'm armed I say, "you're an armed citizen too. Don't forget that."

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Am I alone in this or do you think, by looking at the video, the family was UNDER-reacting?

First off, yes, this is COMPLETELY unwarranted behavior by the Police -- I'm fully shocked and it makes me sick to my stomach imagining the same thing happening to me or anyone I know.

But if cops came into my house and hurt my mother, nearly shot my son and killed my dogs, and I then had the opportunity to make a public plea for justice over it on TV? ... I'd be a bit more enthusiastic.... I mean I'd ask for a lot more than just having those cops fired for killing my dogs. It breaks my heart every time I hear one of these "dogs were killed by cops" stories. I mean for God's sake... use a taser, at MOST!

I feel really horrible for that family, either way. Disgusting.
edit on 19-11-2011 by AJ1123TKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
If you shoot a police dog it's as the same as shooting an officer perhaps it's time to charge the cops for killing a member of your family!!

Now I agree with that. Many people I know are very attached to their pets, as we are with our cats, and it can be just as traumatic.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Unbelievable.
How did we get here?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
If a cop busted in my house and killed my dogs, he'd have to put a bullet in me too because I would seriously go berserk.

By the way, I recently read an article that PETA is bitching over Mario wearing a fur suit in the Super Mario games. Do they find that to be a more pressing issue than the fact that officers get hard-ons slaughtering peoples innocent pets?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

That's because it isn't the actual life that has value to them. It's the money invested in training them..

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If they shot and killed my dog I don't think I could control myself. Sounds like someone had a grudge with someone at the address and were trying to provoke a reaction that would make the actions seem more acceptable. Shooting pets seems to be a tactic they use often and is totally out of order, they should be imprisoned if it was done for no reason.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Unbelievable.
How did we get here?

Complacency. We got fat, dumb and happy and forgot to watch the bad guys because we always thought they were actually the good guys when, in actuality, they were just patiently waiting for the right time to strike. The bad guys passed laws to protect themselves while we were alseep, and now we are reaping the whirlwind.

One thing about Americans, when pushed to the wall, we fight back with a ferocity that is unmatched. It takes time for the anger to build, we are in an inherently patient and kind people, but when it builds to the point of needing to be unleashed...well, talk to the people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and you may get an idea of what we are capable of.

Police and their corporate and political masters need to really look at what is happening and to consider the consequences of their actions. I think, however, they they are so far gone down the path (both psycho and socio) and they are so confident in their teflon coating, that they would read a message like mine and laugh, thinking that they will always be untouchable.

They are touchable though, and they will find out soon enough what it feels like to have an overpowering force take everything they love and destroy it. Personally, I am looking forward to it. Good times!
edit on 19-11-2011 by DragonTattooz because: spelling/grammar

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
when I was a teenager the cops came to my house looking for someone who had been a boarder but had been gone for months. Three shots were fired, 2 of which were at my dog. The cop, however was a piss poor shot an instead the bullets missed my 120lb rottweiler and ended up in my porch rail. Im still not sure about that third shot as I had been in my bedroom at the time and came rushing downstairs only after my boyfriend at the time, who was also there, called for me to come down as this cop now had his gun on him. It was SURREAL.This was all outdoors, in the middle of the afternoon in a solidly middle class and upper middle class area. Soooo many suits showed up over the next few hours and all I could do was sit on my porch and watched as they congregated on my lawn, laughing and talking as if it were a garden party and hunting for those spent rounds. It was really bizarre and my mother wasn't at home at the time so I had to basically step into role of adult and make sure these pigs didnt violate our rights any further. My poor dog was livid. She wanted a piece of that cop in the worst way. She wasn't a fan of visitors and though she was in the back yard when he came, something about him made her jump that fence. it wasn't very high, but it was never something she had ever done before and we got visits from utility men, oil delivery guys and ups pretty often. Once it was established that this guy didnt live there and hadn't for some time the cops just gradually dissipated and never even offered us so much as an apology.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join