It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The moon is melting? O_o

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Hi all, I would just like to have your opinion on this anomaly caught on video. The rest of this video is irrelevant the bit I am referring to in the title is towards the end where it appears that the moon is melting, then numerous aircraft fly along its flight path covering the moon in a vast amount of "chemtrails" or smoke if you'd rather.

What i'd like to discuss is that if this is genuine then what can this actually mean? Any ideas as to the nature of this incident?

thanks
CT
edit on 19/11/2011 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by constant_thought

Awesome find. It proves Im not crazy
Thanks for the thread and s/f to you. It proves that you can't say for sure that anything in the sky is not being fooled with .. ty

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

What a lot of crap,

first part of the video with the "orb" thats just an aircraft at a higher level where the air is dryer so doesnt produce the contrails at lower levels in the wetter air. also different engines can cause contrails to form on one aircraft where an different aircraft in formation will not produce contrails, this causes a lot of confusion with the believers of chemtrails

The contrails start when the other aircraft change height and come into the conditions that create a contrail.

For more information Click here

first part debunked

The melting moon is just due to the long exposure of the camera

and thirdly she has videos of sun dogs, natural phenomenons

I wish people would do a little research before posting nonsense videos on youtube.

Wee Mad

link   
Hmmm. Well, lets skip to the melting moon bit. Firstly, moons, unless in the case of the sun having a bad day, dont often melt... I'd say this is caused by the high ISO range of the night vision cameras, causing an image 'burn' of sorts where the ccd is overloaded. The melt appears to me to be either its (edit-the moon) normal movement over a long time, or the camera being mounted on a slow moving celestial tripod causing its movement, leaving the over-saturated trail of the moon.

edit on 19-11-2011 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

link   

Well since we know that the moon cannot be melting...there must be another explanation...

And I would assume it has to do with the camera being used.

Not a fan of sheilaaliens but nice vid. The clouds electrical charges have been discussed here on ATS before, I don't know what the result was.

ETA/ Found the thread: Weird Cloud Shoots Singapore

Interesting theories but nothing confirmed I believe.

No clue about the planes that seem to be chasing a UFO.

Can't help you much now, can't I ? ETA. But trying.

edit on 19-11-2011 by SonoftheSun because: linked cloud thread.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
On the 1st part of the vid, I'm no expert on planes, but they looked like regular sky-writing type planes to me. The front one is not dumping its smoke(?) so its easier to see. But, I'd find it incredibly difficult to jump on it saying its a triangular craft, but thats just me.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

We are only focusing on the latter part, but your argument for long exposure does seem sound.
Thanks for your input

CT

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Very cool video, good find. I have no idea what could cause that effect, but I'm going to keep an eye on this thread to see if any camera buffs can explain it. ETA - Looks like it was explained while I was away getting coffee when I should have been typing.
edit on 19-11-2011 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

I will go with you on the long exposure of the moon. I won't go into the Contrail debate
But I will say those aren't sundogs in the clouds. I can assure you of that.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I am unable to watch the video again due to shoddy internet connection but wouldn't there be other exposure artifacts produced if this were the cause for instance the clouds? Not saying that I believe that the moon is actually melting but I though the video was interesting and thought I would share it, the other parts of the video are irrelevant though as they have been discussed before to death. so try to focus on the moon part

cheers
CT

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Yes, technically there would be some of this, but the moon is a massive light reflecting mirror up there according to a camera lens. Its light value is multitudes higher than anything else up there at the time causing the effect you see.

edit on 19-11-2011 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Is it the Moon?
It bears some resemblance a stage separation.
www.youtube.com...

Perhaps the dispersal of an chemical cloud.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but the video lost all credibility in the first few seconds when the nick "sheilaaliens" was introduced. As for the melting Moon; digital image sensors have a habit of "leaking" near and around bright objects. I've gotten myself lots and lots of oddly shaped/elongated/what-not Suns for example, depending on exposure time (you really can't expose the Sun even nearly correctly, unless you like a completely black scenery). With the Moon quite the same thing if you overexpose it. And it does not really matter whether a normal digital camera or a night vision, since the image sensors usually have basically the same design and architecture.

edit on 19-11-2011 by Lithops because: (no reason given)

top topics

join