It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS THREAD MOVING

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Now i understand that a lot of threads do get put into the wrong Forums but what i don't like is when an MOD then proceeds to move that Thread into a Forum which isnt getting much attention herefore the Thread just dies out without much input!!

E.g.. a Thread i made on David Icke and his Death Patch got moved into 'conspiracies forum' from the grey area (where it was gaining more atention)... in the 'conspracies forum' it only gained one extra response and now its dead!!

This to me is very bad considering it was doing well in the 'grey area' and probably ould have still been alive!!

There... not really a rant but only place i can put this really....

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

This to me is very bad considering it was doing well in the 'grey area' and probably ould have still been alive!!
It should not need an additional form of life support. If it cannot function on it's own, and needs assistance from elsewhere, then it obviously isn't quite as important as you think it is/was.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Considering this site has sold out, it's not hard to imagine recruiting moderators with a vacant social calendar and a penchant for exercising what little power they have to compensate.

Death patch?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
So you deliberately place your threads in incorrect forums in the hope that they will garner more interest? Then proceed to moan about it being moved to the correct forum by a moderator. Rather childish don't you think?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

It should not need an additional form of life support. If it cannot function on it's own, and needs assistance from elsewhere, then it obviously isn't quite as important as you think it is/was.

Oh my god...

Obviously if he/she said that it was doing well in the grey arey, it was doing well.

It's by moving the thread that you took away the life support and it died.

How's that for some real logic...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
So you deliberately place your threads in incorrect forums in the hope that they will garner more interest? Then proceed to moan about it being moved to the correct forum by a moderator. Rather childish don't you think?

Not really.

Ever had your Porsche towed, it feels the same just on a smaller scale.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I would suggest discussing your drama with the moderator that moved your thread.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

General Conspiracies is a far more popular thread than Gray Area...

In fact it is the third most popular forum after Breaking Alternative News and Aliens & UFO's.

Gray Area is all the way down in 22nd.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 19/11/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Considering this site has sold out, it's not hard to imagine recruiting moderators with a vacant social calendar and a penchant for exercising what little power they have to compensate.

Death patch?

You said: "Considering this site has sold out"......how has ATS sold out? I am curious. Would you please state what you think the reasons are.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Wow that's pretty interesting --I've seen many a thread 'sentenced' to the grey area for unsubstantiated/outlandish claims, and more than a few sent there that seemed to not deserve it. I've never seen a mod scrounge around the grey area and decide a thread was worthy of life outside the grey! Kind of strange in a way... like does the mod have some really amazing insider info that the thread topic is spot on and a real conspiracy or just what?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

All the religious crap on the site for a start. Add to that all the rules.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Categorized forums make for a more organized and searchable index overall.

Threads should not be placed nor moved based upon where they might receive the most replies. Instead they should be placed in or moved to the most relevant forum based upon their topical focus and content therein.

In this case, 'Microchipping By David Icke And The Death Patch', was moved from 'The Gray Area' to the 'Conspiracy Theorists' forum

Conspiracy Theorists: This forum is dedicated to the discussion about the ideas, speculations, and theories of popular conspiracy theorists, UFO researchers, and other alternative topics personalities.

The proper and most topically relevant forum based upon the content and focus of the thread.

The Gray Area, on the other hand,...

The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences.

... not so much. as the topic isn't dealing with a member's confession, disclosure or related extraordinary experience.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

What you said. But adding a personal experience of my own. I have had a handful of threads moved. And yes, a few died shortly thereafter. But I never thought the mod who moved it had some kind of agenda other than putting it in it's proper place.

Even the one time I strongly questioned my thread being moved, in the end, the mod was right in the action he took. So I just don't see an agenda here. And I don't believe mods are trying to be thread killers.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

edit on 19-11-2011 by Garfee because: Because I like smiley faces

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

General Conspiracies is a far more popular thread than Gray Area...

In fact it is the third most popular forum after Breaking Alternative News and Aliens & UFO's.

Gray Area is all the way down in 22nd.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 19/11/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

Nope... sorry, it was the 'conspiracy theorists' forum it was moved to not 'general conspiracies'... had it been moved to the 'general conspiracies' i think it would still be alive!!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

No, i don't place them deliberately in the wrong forum... i'm just not sure sometimes where to put a thread.... there are many different forums to place threads!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Ok, thanks for the explanation in more detail.... i guess it makes sense now but couldn't it have gone into the 'general conspiracies' forum? I'm sure it would have gained much more response!!

What is the diference betwen 'General Conspiracies' and 'Conspiracy Theorists'? Don't we have to give credit to the theorist in both Forums?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

What is the diference betwen 'General Conspiracies' and 'Conspiracy Theorists'? Don't we have to give credit to the theorist in both Forums?

'General Conspiracies' was initially created for those type threads which really weren't a 'good fit' for any of the other topically relevant forums on the board.

A sort of 'catch all' for topics that aren't specifically pertinent to any of the other individual forums' topical focus.

As an example,

"Black Helicopters Flew Over My House, Who Was It!?"

... wouldn't exactly seem fitting, proper or appropriate for the Aircraft Projects forum.
(?)

... hence 'General Conspiracies'

[ETA]

then again, not everything is a conspiracy

edit on 11/19/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Originally posted by Jepic

Oh my god...

Obviously if he/she said that it was doing well in the grey arey, it was doing well.

It's by moving the thread that you took away the life support and it died.

How's that for some real logic...
What?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

He means it was doing well in the 'grey area' (supporting itself) but when moved into the 'Conspiracy Theorist' forum it died (lost its life support).

new topics

top topics

join