It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traveling around Egypt. Suggestions/Ideas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Hey ATSers, I've been working in Egypt and my time here is coming to an end. I will be doing a road trip all around here and aim to see as many amazing things as possible. So the thought occured to me, that it might be a good idea to see if anyone has any interesting information on possible interesting locations? Also if anyone wants some photos of specific things I would be happy to grab some if I'm passing through.

I thought this would be a good oppurtunity to infuse some truth for everyone, so If there was anything that anyone wanted double checking or whatever, I would be happy to. I'm a big fan of ATS, as well as finding the truth!

So by all means let your ideas flow. I am still in the process of planing all of the stops during this trip

Hopefully I can help in some way.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lacanau

luxor is the best place to start , valley of the kings and the valley of the queens then on the other side of the nile there is karnak temple and luxor temple.

then you can get the train up to aswan to see the lake and temples there including the one that was cut up in pieces and moved out of the way of the lake before they built the dam ( abu simble ) the trip through the desert is awsome at night you can see millions of stars in the clear night sky .

then you can travel back down to cairo and see the pyramids and the spinx .

there is so much to see in egypy and these are the ones that i have done twice .

hope you have a great trip and stay safe .

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Check out Alexander the Great's graffiti in Luxor Temple

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

Yeh I will definately be going to check out some of those places all along the nile. I'm hoping to get out west and visit some of the oasis' out there. Didnt they recently find some ancient rock carvings out in that direction?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Enjoy your foray into into the most enigmatic of regions!

I hope things are open for you to explore. Use your local knowledge and friends/colleagues to bring us some great images and stories of whatever you come up with. ( you probably already have a few )
Look forward to it!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
You have chosen a great time to travel around Egypt, the weather is cooler and there are many active digs going off all around Egypt, discoveries such as the oldest rock art in found in Egypt that you mentioned are now being discovered and cataloged.

I too have traveled around Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Dendra, Abydos and many more places and still have only scratched the surface. So much to see, so little time..

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by lacanau

okok ...egypts my back yard...

have you been to suez!.....go see the canal, see the army....thats also the place where the revolution started

also the red sea....from suez to hurghada.....take a cruise amazing, with beautiful resorts, and beaches

ain sokhna (near sharm)...snorkeling is the best.

if your in cairo...the museum (tuts gold and the mummies of ramsees the great and tuthmosis is a must see).... giza, saqqara, memphis...hen hussani...mokkattam.. also you have to go to an Ahly football match, you wont regret it
the library ...amazing...

or copy the egyptians.....go to a hafla (party), or concert...sheesha on the nile...

or in the south it gets better
karnack, luxor, thebes, valley of the kings, abydos

iv done it all plus some......
let me know what you think
peace

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Some good suggestions above and I would add; train up to Aswan and boat down the Nile to Cairo stopping at Luxor, VOTKs. If you can get to Abu Simbel, Abydos, Saqqara and perhaps Alexandria.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If you go to Aswan, there's a couple excursions you can make that are slightly off the tourist radar;
Philae (by Boat), the Temple of Isis
Kalabsha (also by Boat), the Temple of Mandulis

Philae in particular is very beautiful, and approaching it by boat you'll be convinced your back in Ancient Egypt.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone for their great tips. It was most helpful. I will be sure to post up some pics I take throughout the trip.
If anything else comes to your head be sure to mention it.

new topics

top topics

join