It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 5 Misconceptions About People Struggling Economically Today

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

unfortunately some folks don't have the capacity to forgive even when steps are taken. i know that the people in somalia and ethiopia are currently suffering with a huge drought. many are making pilgrimages to a camp run by white people and some indigenous blacks, where they can get food, shelter and water, but the drought has been so bad, that the nearby lake they set the camp up next to, in order to have a water supply for the camp, has also drried up. the numbers of africans dying from this, and projected to was so horrible, i started telling everyone i know. i was afraid for them. the UN was set to send their workers there with water and other supplies, but had to get a guarantee from the local government that they would protect the workers because the last time, local drug lords stole all the supplies and raped/killed the workers, then used the supplies to black male the indigenous populations into running drugs for them. people are the same, regardless of skin color.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yes, I'm familiar.

Sociopaths are the same, and non-sociopaths are the same, but in different ways, regardless of skin color.

Sociopathy is contagious and non-sociopaths can be driven or led into sociopathic patterns by circumstance or design. Removing the circumstance or design will frequently allow them to come to their senses, but it makes no difference whatsoever to the genuine genetic sociopath. Hell, they're usually the ones creating the circumstances or design in the first place.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
reply to post by undo

Yes, I'm familiar.

Sociopaths are the same, and non-sociopaths are the same, but in different ways, regardless of skin color.

Sociopathy is contagious and non-sociopaths can be driven or led into sociopathic patterns by circumstance or design. Removing the circumstance or design will frequently allow them to come to their senses, but it makes no difference whatsoever to the genuine genetic sociopath. Hell, they're usually the ones creating the circumstances or design in the first place.

well that was a very thought provoking conversation, thank you for sharing it with me, apacheman. how are you doing btw? and what, if i may ask, are you giving your bro for medicine? i was in college to be a doctor of natural medicine. i have studied alot about vitamins, medicinal herbs and natural foods

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yes it was, thanks.

Not too bad, digging out the ground for my new garden; adapting the chinampa system to high-desert conditions.

He's so-so. Just got some magnesium oil for him to try, he uses mm to alleviate pain and replace valium as an anti-spasmodic. I watch his diet to ensure enough potassium and other crucial nutrients. Plus of course his other prescribed meds.

Thanks for your concern.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

here's some little things i learned that may help.
anything super spicy that he can tolerate. spicier the better. inflammation reduction.
repair of damaged nerves: METHYL b-12. can't be normal b-12. has to be methyl b-12. another name for it is methylcobalamin or something like that. apparently, nerves degrade, die, and regenerate but as you age or if you have other conditions such as the inability to break down normal b-12 into its methyl form, your nerve endings stop repairing, age, die and don't regenerate. this causes all kinds of problems, particulary for diabetics and people with various kinds of nerve disorders such autism. in fact, that's the theory for autism, that their bodies are not regenerating nerves because they lack sufficient amount of the right enzyme to break down b-12 into methyl b-12. so methyl b-12 is now available at health food stores and pharmacies, where that part of the enzymatic process has already been done.
just thought i'd mention that, in case he has alot of damaged nerve tissue.

i started taking it like 3 years ago, when i found out i had diabetes after being in really severe pain for a few months that was getting gradually worse (nerves were dying in my extremities from the diabetes). so i did some research, found out about a doctor who was treating autism with methyl b-12 with the additional pleasant side effect of easing diabetic neuropathy. stuff put me from being in constant excruiating pain, to being pain free. i just take the capsule form, although the doctor suggested injections for autistic patients.

edit on 21-11-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
p.s. you might even considered consulting dr. neubrander about it in case he's had cases similar to your brother's,

www.drneubrander.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
its called being a human slave its designed this way isnt funny howour mindz can only go as far as the economy what about those controliing the economy do they need money or do they need us to stay busy and out the way so we really dont see the secrets of how this world really operates?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by starsystem3

It's funny how some of the lowest paid people happen to be doing some of the most important jobs.... Like building and fixing houses, building and fixing roads, keeping the shelves stocked. All kinds of jobs that are real needs, while some paper pushers are paid crazy money, for sitting at a desk doing things that are not really a need. Wants have somehow taken priority over needs, priorities are ass backwards.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
you have a valid point! and im proud of you for recognizing that obvious issue, some people float right past and fail to see this. we are in the new age and people are waking up! seriously why are we using money in the 1st place money is only making us devolve not evolve we are becoming useless eaters and cosumers. animals dont have anyone controlling their economy its a god given economy just like we should have

we should have fruits and veggies growing abundantly all around us!!! we should each know about farming, cultivation, and wildlife, we should posesses survival skills, and carpenty to build our own homes we should know astrolgy. but since thats not an option we have to be a slave to an economy that wants us to be dumbed down and dependent on the economy

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Thanks for the info.

I'll get some for him and give it a shot.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
reply to post by undo

Thanks for the info.

I'll get some for him and give it a shot.

i hope it works for him. my brother in law and i were discussing this but he's leery to take it. he has realllllllly bad diabetes. mine was brought on by chemotherapy. i control it with diet and things like methyl b-12 and alpha lipoic acid (an amino acid that balances blood sugar).

i went from being symptom free (other than the acetone odor) to being a full out diabetic, over night, from chemo. whereas my brother in law's diabetes didn't materialize till he was older from poor diet. his diabetic neuropathy though ran its deadly course and killed all his nerves in his extremities. he had to train himself to think his knees were his feet, cause he has no feeling below his knees, the nerves are dead and the bones, tendons, and ligaments are mangled. if he took the methyl and his nerves in those areas started coming back to life............that could be very painful. mangled bones and muscles and tendons? consider that while ascertaining the benefits or hazards for your brother. i don't know the extent of his condition.
edit on 22-11-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I wonder how much of the American dream of working your way to the top is still being pushed on children today. When you mention Bill Gates, I see what you're saying. Not only did he defy all odds, but even he had to be a little bit shrewd and screwed one of his coworkers back in the day. Seems like all the dishonest people make it to the top by #ting all over someone else.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
You are so, so wrong.
At one point in time... wait for my 1st thread for the magic to open your eyes.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laokin
Too many to list. But clearly, I don't have a choice. If I want to continue my education, loans are my only option. And this isn't because of laziness or irresponsibility... This is because of random things going wrong/accidents/life happening as it were.

Please pull your head out of your anus next time, thanks.

Sidenote:

You don't see me around here anymore because my life is literally lived fighting against the grain. I don't have any time to myself, and certainly not much time to peruse forums anymore either. It's become work, to find work.

But you would know anything about that?
edit on 19-11-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

After reading that I could only think of the response at the end of this video, after the rapping gentleman says "suprise"...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus

#5 I'm not in debt so why are you?(My parents have money and I don't have school loans)

#4 I have a job so anyone can get a job(The world revolves around me and all is relevant)

#3 Anyone can start a business and make it big(Look at Bill Gates)

#2 Mcdonalds is always hiring(Work at McDonalds and you'll be able to pay your debt)

#1 Make better decisions(Stop buying drugs and TVs and you'll be okay)

Ok i'm going to comment on these "myths"
#5 - you are correct that everyones situation is different but people who have massive school debt need to look in the mirror and stop complaining about the debt. If you decided to goto university and you chose a degree that is expensive and has no chance of getting a job that can make enough to repay that loan. That is a poor financial decision. I interviewed over a dozen draftsmen from the local college a few years back for an entry level job, all but one seemed to think that they should make 100k straight out of school. At the time as the head of the division I made about 48k with 10 years experience (this was in the 90's)

#4 - Sometimes life choices negatively effects your ability to get a job. If you show up with so many piercings that you set off the metal detectors you're unlikely to get a job in a typical office. There are careers for people with that level of "body art" but most earn less then they seem to think they deserve. Secondly I recently interviewed 30 people for a good entry level job. $25 per hour with benefits, $35 per hour after a year and the passing of a certification exam. Lots of OT paid at 1.5 or 2 times base hourly. Our largest client requires that any contractor who enters there premisses have had a drug test within the last 180 days. All but two of the people I interviewed said they couldn't pass a drug test and left the interview, while i'm glad they didn't wast our money buy saying they could when they knew they couldn't certain life choices do affect your carreer options.

#3 - anyone has the possibility of this happening but it's unlikely.

#2 - Not where you are but McDonalads around here pays $10.50 and hour. While I agree that it is a huge problem going that far back in wages it is better to have some income than none. Also usually the comment of go work at McDonalds is leveled at the people with no skills who are demanding a hand out, not the ones laid off.

#1 - Time for another example from my life. - I once took a job as a bank teller, (to make ends meet when there where no jobs in my field). While working there we used to get two businesses in on a regular basis from the same small town to make deposits. Both took third party checks, one (the grocery store) required you to spend 20% of the cheque amount as a purchase in there store and it had to be on groceries (tobacco and phone cards didn't count). The other store was a liquir store and required you to spend 50% of the cheque amount on alcohol to cash it for you. Which store do you think had the larger welfare and gov't child assistance cheques cashed at it? if you guessed the grocery store you'd be wrong. People where more interested in spendin 50% of there welfare on booze than 20% on groceries. Now I admit this was just one small town but evidently the liquir store sold about 70k in booze during the 4 days starting on the 15th (when the cheques are issued around here) and only 10k during the rest of the month.
So yes again from the example I have seen they are making decisions that are contributing to there problems.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Apacheman you are exactly right, and I will give you an example= After 20 years out of highschool I went back to college. I got as far as my associates degree, and a few hours into my bach. when I ran out of money to finish any farther, but I figured what the he** an associates ought to raise my salary quite a bit. So I started applying for jobs requiring an associates degree, and was called for an interview at a local university.

When I say local don't get me wrong this is a college that is a state college with campuses all over the country reciprical agreements with other states, and has football and basket ball teams that are often in the running for bowl games etc. Its a BIG college. coincidentally, it also has one of the highest tuition rates in the U.S.

So I go in to interview, it goes well, they ask about my degree, I tell them what it is, and then ask if they need copies of my transcripts, here was the response: " No we really don't, we don't consider a college degree to be adequate training for work at this institution".

I was floored, all of that money wasted when I could have walked in the door months earlier, and gotten the job with a highschool diploma without wasting the money to get the degree.

The worst part of the whole thing was the job was with the same University where I got the degree. And, even worse it was a teaching position where I was to be molding the young minds of the future

You tell me its not all a money game, and I might believe you, might being the optimum word.

edit on 11-12-2011 by Rossa because: Just because

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Look what happened to Burzynski... That's proof enough that if they like your idea they will deny you a patent, then steal your idea and patent it themselves... DFA are nothing but crooks...

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join