Top 5 Misconceptions About People Struggling Economically Today

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jana12
*Snip*

Great post. If the IQ section was inspired by my post, I wasn't suggesting the two were related.

+Star.

Also, Apacheman, ya got my support as well. You're like robin hood in this thread, splitting his own arrows with precision.
edit on 20-11-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

well let me put it this way: nothing will be solved by insisting on the repayment of generational debt. do you understand now? expecting people to be in debt to others for the rest of their lives, based on the color of their skin or ancestory or both, is ridiculous and is part of the same exact problem you're trying to illustrate, and that is, what comes around goes around and around and around and around and. . .. i mean here it is, 2011, and we still haven't had a female president, places in the middle east and africa still stone women to death and put them in separate camps for witches, till they can be properly exorcised of their demons, i mean this is real crap going on in the world today. meanwhile we're trying to hold people responsible for stuff that happened decades, centuries or even millenia ago.

i don't mind paying taxes provided they are reasonable and don't end up impovershing everyone. when it starts resembling this song, it's gone too far

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

The wise man knows that he knows nothing because anything one thinks to know can and will be used against them anyway possible.

That is why its not of good sense to choose a side in battle where your adversary is playing both sides for themselves against everyone else making the only correct side, that which has no sides excluding only those who exclude other or seek to subvert and divide the whole
Forget 0.99 vs 0.01 and
all the Occupy 99% folks Because they need to go get everyone they know sign up for food stamps and instead a just sitting around doing jacksh*t pool

All those EBT Cards together and feed the hungry and homeless instead of fighting the police

The Mafia Knows that much feed the ignored poor, like in American Gangster when they handout turkeys in Harlem
Be (%100) and fight the Zero point Zero (0.0) their the points used to divided people both up, down, left, right by confusing everyone 23456789 into 0.98765432:1 believe is the most powerful thing i the world
the more who believe the stronger the point gets.

You might say that's not right or its against the rules well rules and laws can be used to take your sh*t and that's legal but still not right
so know a wrong doesn't make a right but 3 lefts do and as long as i do not take food out of peoples mouths or the roof over their head then i don't care if some chump gets hit on the head they got learn the hard way

but if an dumba$$ needed to gets hit on the head Its the Government 4sho

Its hard to argue that We've been spending most our life's liven in a Gangsta's Paradise

To much tell-a-vision watching got me chasing dreams that
I'm an Educated nigga with money on the mind So
Tell me why are we -- so blind to see
That the ones we hurt -- are you and me?

Power and the Money; Money and the Power
minute after minute, hour after hour.Everybody's runnin, but half of them ain't lookin
It's goin on in the kitchen, but I dont know what's cookin
They say I got ta learn, but nobody's here to teach me
If they cant understand it, how can they reach me?
I guess they cain't -- I guess they won't
I guess they frontin; that's why I know my life is outta luck, fool

Why go to school, so i can owe some chump $40000- $60000 that's BS degree for suckers
Ill scalp some sports or concert tickets or sell something to the stupid and rich that anent worth a dime, or use a credit card with reward points buy 3000 gold US dollar coins from the mint for 3000 plus free shipping and go pay the bill at the back with the coins sell the plane tickets or fly off to Vegas maybe rob some punk drug dealers who think they some gangster # but are to young and to dumb to see the teaser glove and I will never go hungry embassy suites has free breakfast for guests till 9 will fresh pancakes and omelets and ill walk in and eat like belong because they are my guest

I don't have a master but i don't need one to tell you its bad for anyone 18 and up, their are people with
"Masters Degrees" making me my Starbucks and they have more debt then i do
but i wont pay it ever and they don't know what to do with a loan that won't get paid the collectors can call me all day
I say to them
"I'm sorry your job suck, but if you want this money that's here in my hand come and take it. Their like can you mail it. And I say no come here and take it from my hand.

The term is called loan sharking- I know how to get loans for houses people cant afford approved its easy number manipulation but this is one of the shadiest things Ive ever done and wish i hadn't looking back
because then 5 years later the house gets foreclosed on and a family is on the streets,
Student debt is worse it will never go away it can follow you beyond the grave and Bankruptcy wont make it go away

You think a Bank Loan Officer is different from a "Loan Shark" both don't give a sh*t
They got get payed and the chumps gotta get played
So rules and laws are just means to take advantage regulate people and company out of the game or deregulate make more money
You can't beat them unless you got the muscle to back it up and enforce it

Pierces Law states that-- "Wealth seeks Power to protect itself"
Since Knowledge is Power and
"Wealth seeks Power to protect itself, that power attracts the Corruptible whose Power is derived from wealth, giving it Authority over Knowledge; Authority is established by Order; Order comes from Chaos; but Chaos is Anarchy; Society is only 3 meals away from Anarchy at anytime. Food is Power, for both sustaining and growing life and Wealth; Wealth is sustained by Growth alone, Anything less Falls into Decline, meaning not enough for anyone and everyone, Keeping People hungry and allowing the most invested in the structured social order a measure of control through manipulating the balance of divided struggling people"-- MHK

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Hmmm.

Sometimes, generational debts are genuine and must be paid. Ask Germany, which is still paying reparations to a lot of people (not just Jews, either) for what was done in their name.

A person or nation that refuses to acknowledge the misbehaviors of their citizen-leaders and make amends for them is irresponsible and shirking their duty.

If a group of people killed your fathers, raped your mothers, and stole your home, would you accept the argument from their children that it wasn't them, it was their fathers, so just get over it and get out of my house? The house your father built?

You probably wouldn't and would do everything in your power to overthrow them.

However, if they acknowledged the deeds and accepted the responsibility, offering to make amends, you would be more inclined to find a way to settle your differences, would you not?

As Americans we owe large debts to a lot of peoples and nations for what was done and is being done in our name. We can take credit for the good we do as individuals and collectively, but that doesn't negate the wrongs entirely, merely offsets a portion.

The best way to pay our debts to society is to clean house and strive not to repeat the bad behavior. The best way to do that is to remove the sociopaths in our midst from positions of power.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laokin

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Jana12

Thanks for the diagnoses.

What a crock.

I have yet to see mass diagnoses that were correct.

They are always correct to some. The points in the OP have all been proven true by people here at ATS. No, it's not everybody -- yes, it is some. I think that's undeniable.

"Mass diagnosis"... who said anything about a "mass diagnosis"? Apachman is probably correct ... approx 6% are disordered, give/take a percent or two. That's not "mass diagnosis".

Either you didn't read through my post or you didn't comprehend it. I can often tell those who are difficult to be around. To some degree, they will either downplay or make a joke out of something very serious. They are also part of the problem and not solution-oriented types.

Maybe I just hit 'too close to home' for ya.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

If a group of people killed your fathers, raped your mothers, and stole your home, would you accept the argument from their children that it wasn't them, it was their fathers, so just get over it and get out of my house? The house your father built?

yes i would forgive them and here is why: generational debt is slavery. i don't believe in slavery. generational debt is holding the innocent, guilty. i don't believe in holding the innocent, guilty. generational debt is the lie tyrants tell themselves, so that they can enforce laws worse than the homeland security crap. i mean how are you gonna hold, even reasonably, innocent people for crimes they didn't commit, because their ancestors did something? are you not hearing how crazy that sounds?
hopefully i am making sense now.
edit on 20-11-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IblisLucifer

you put alot of work into that post. i'm not sure entirely what it means but i got the general gist of it, and rest assured that this same problem is facing the entire nation.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

You aren't innocent if you receive and profit from stolen property.

The South Africans stole what they took, in your example. Their children accepted the stolen property as if time passing made it not stolen. The heirs of the folks they stole it from took it back forcefully because the children wouldn't acknowledge the crimes and the debt. It would have been much better had they acknowledged the crimes, negotiated peacefully and worked out a compromise.

While it is easy to say you'd forgive and forget in theory, my money is on the opposite if it happened to you in actuality.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

i am innocent because i didn't steal the property. some dollar bills in your bank account were stolen at one point. not my fault either. a homeless guy we tried to help broke in our garage and stole our yard equipment. we can't buy new yard equipment so our yard is way too tall, but i don't blame his grandma for that and i won't blame his children and if you think i should you got a screw loose.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yeah I don't follow that logic either. What european men did to my ancestors sucked sure. It was a long time ago, has nothing to do with now. Plenty of natives are living off some crazy reperation status up here in canada, it's insane. Why should the great grandchildren be paying for the sins of their great grandfathers? I don't get the logic at all. By my standards, I would not feel right taking payment that should have gone to my ancestors, and thinking it was rightfully mine, if that makes any sense.
edit on Sun, 20 Nov 2011 15:28:51 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by undo

Yeah I don't follow that logic either. What european men did to my ancestors sucked sure. It was a long time ago, has nothing to do with now. Plenty of natives are living off some crazy reperation status up here in canada, it's insane. Why should the great grandchildren be paying for the sins of their great grandfathers? I don't get the logic at all. By my standards, I would not feel right taking payment that should have gone to my ancestors, and thinking it was rightfully mine, if that makes any sense.
edit on Sun, 20 Nov 2011 15:28:51 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

what i think makes it crazy is that it is so dang racist. my hubby's family on his father's side wasn't even here when all that crap was going on, well most of it anyway. they didn't arrive in the americas till like the late 40s early 50s time frame. (hungarians).

my dad's family was poor, good grief, were they poor. my mom recounted to me the first home her and my dad had. it was some two-by-fours with cardboard walls. they had a pot belly stove and a pet gold fish. the gold fish would freeze in its bowl, every night, and thaw out every morning.

why go to all the trouble to raise a generation of kids who are not prejudice, and then insist on punishing them with prejudice. it's totally freakn backwards

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Canada and the US still refuse to grant full sovereignty to the First Nations, and still hold their lands "in trust" without compensation. The passage of time doesn't make what was done and what is owed go away.

Give us our freedom. Let us take our seats as truly sovereign nations under our own laws and customs amongst the community of other sovereign nations. You owe us that, it was promised long ago.

Comparing generational debts of nations to the actions of an individual thief is comparing a flood to a raindrop.

The issue is one of scale.

What is life for the First Nations but slavery and oppression? Slavery to the customs and rules of others and oppression of our own.

So long as you refuse to return what was taken, our freedom and a portion of the landbase stolen so as to maintain it, then you are not innocent, but part of an ongoing crime.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

dude i totally sympathize and empathize with your plight and the plight of other native americans. by all means, if the government promised you something they by all rights should give it to you. don't blame me for things i was not even born to see or effect, if it was even possible to see it or effect it. argh! what don't you understand about this? it's like racism, perpetuated, forever!

as far as the severity of the damage committed, again, i completely empathize with the native american plight and i bet you a thousand bucks right now, there are lots of white people sticking up for native americans, protesting in defense of native americans, who have tried their darndest to help effect change on your behalf. wrote songs about it, books about it, movies about it, bought goods made specifically by native americans in defense and support of your cause. what the hell do you want from me other than to roll over and die? gads i despise being everyone's freakin' scape goat.

there's not much else i can do beyond that, unless you want to insist that i go bang on the doors of the senate and demand it? think i'll live long? think they'll listen? oh hell no, you have a much better chance of getting their attention cause i'm just a white person! would you do that for me, or will i forever be nailed to this generational debt?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
i admire native american culture. i think their women are beautiful and their men handsome. i love their interest in nature and have a theory that they were descendants of the ancient egyptians, perhaps even among the members of the first adamic race. here's a painting i did, although not a professional work you have my permission to do whatever you want with it. shoot arrows at it, sell it for money, make a poster of it and hang it on your wall of people you hate, stick it on a t-shirt to support apaches, etc. i don't care! it's yours.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

I admire this approach to further education.

I'm not sure that kids and parents realize that most jobs don't require a college education. It would wrong to think that getting a college education can place you higher on the earnings list of jobs available today. Many kids go to college and get mounds of debt for a job that just does not support the debt they incurred.

Going on to further educaton in a University or College use to be only for those areas that require further education....now it is BIG BUSINESS. Most businesses use to train their employees. Now businesses think that the education attained in college is enough....and frankly....it is not and in most cases doesn't even apply to the jobs some kids end up with because its all they could find.

Lets not even get started on kids that change majors while in college which just tacks on more years or those that fail at college in the 1st one or two years incurring debt that doesn't do anything for them at all.

However, I admire you childs ability to see through the haze. Good luck !!!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

i keep thinking they need to retool it, more along the lines of the way trade schools handle it, so that you're not taking courses that seriously have no impact on your career field of choice, ending up with an even bigger bill. that whole, didn't make it but have the bill to show for it, happened to me. was almost done with my bachelor's and my mom, who was staying with us at the time, had advanced alzheimers. she would cry when i left for classes, and sneak out of the house and get lost in the neighborhood. between that and the red cross nurse telling me i smelled odd all the time (acetone, i had undiagnosed diabetes), and my failing health i dropped out. still paying the bill though.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
OP i agree with some of what you say but painting every person with economic issues as a drug addicts it just plain silly .I would have to agree that this sounds like a rant more then anything , are you in AA or recovering from a drug problem of your own because the level of hostility in what you have posted points to some deep deep personal issues with drugs .. However like i said i agree with most of what you posted its just for you to label everyone on unemployment as a drug addict makes others thing you have some kind of an issue .

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Griping about the past does nothing to help us does it? It's a pipe dream, if you think after all this time, the land will ever be returned, and we will have our own nations again. It's not gonna happen, and seething, and trying to blame the people of present time for crap that older generations have done is useless.

Hell, my great grandfather owned like 3/4 of this whole town, the government refused to issue building permits, to "protect the ocean". After he finally gave in and sold it all to the government for rock bottom prices, that all changed. Suddenly it was OK to build on the land. Sounds fishy eh? Yeah, my family got screwed over, I could have a huge gripefest myself, but what is the point? IT sucks, complaining about the past is not gonna change it, it's a waste of energy.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

wow, sorry to hear that! that's horrible. no doubt, racism caused that. whoever held him back from making benefit from his lands, probably thought they had more right to be rich and more right to make enviromental decisions. racism. only the truly rich and powerful can get away with it and the rest of us have to suffer the consequences, including any backlashes as a result of it.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Mcdonalds will pay for your Xbox LIVE, but thats about it. They rig these debts in such a way so that you can never pay it back. it's a way to keep you in bondage. A similar system was implemented after slavery was abolished. You may or may not of heard of it. It was called

SHARECROPPING

new topics
top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join