It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany lets Belgian forced WW2 labourers pay taxes on pension!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Yeah, that's right! I'm furious! This is just unforgiving!
Dutch off-side content using google translate:

Germany wants thousands of Belgian forced labourers from World War II to pay taxes on their pensions. The Belgian National Pension Office has already received dozens of complaints about this. In autumn 2010 the German parliament passed a law stating that pensions of forced labourers will be taxed by a 17% load. The tax applies retroactively to 2005. Belgian forced labourers from the year 1940 or their widows have in recent weeks received a letter from a tax office in the German state of Brandenburg, stating that they have to pay taxes. For many, the costs go into the hundreds of Euros. The Belgian public finances says she can do nothing for these people. They must address to the German government IN GERMAN for more explanation. For many former forced labourers and their relatives this is a painful period brought back up.

Original Dutch link

Well thanks a lot for the empathy Germany! Now with the EU in place you finally achieved your dream of a Third Reich and this is how you show your gratitude?
edit on 19/11/11 by Staafke because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/11/11 by Staafke because: typo

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Staafke

That is just ridiculous,whats next,the concentration camp survivors being billed for their rail travel costs,I sincerely hope that the Belgian government tells the Germans where to go.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Staafke

I am with you, Staaf,

Germany is wrong.

I am just trying to support you - not to get into political discussions.

But I have to say, I think Germany is cold and unfeeling - just my thought.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by nake13

The definitely wont go East again...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Thanks for the support. This is just wrong. This isn't even a political issue. It's about humanity...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Staafke

Yes, Staaf,

It is about people who are not free.

No-one cares about them - people only care about themselves.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
germany paid compensation to those workers after negotiations many many years ago.

Now not collecting taxes from them is seen as to be unfair to the rest of the people who need to pay taxes on their income.

its just fair for all

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TMJ1972
germany paid compensation to those workers after negotiations many many years ago.

Now not collecting taxes from them is seen as to be unfair to the rest of the people who need to pay taxes on their income.

its just fair for all

Yeah calculated about 935 euro per person. Nice reward for years of slavery. You have no idea what you're talking about, buddy. Or maybe you do? Then my sieg heil to you is as heartless as your reply.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

edit on 19/11/11 by Staafke because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Staafke

Your avatar is you program, eh?
Stop your trolling, and finally see that its our government, not the people, as in WWII, too!
Here in Germany, there are people working 40hrs a week and get less then 950€ a month. So lets talk about slavework...(because they had to work for it, too) If Germany is coldhearted, why do we have a social system (one of the best in the world)?

These were our ancestors and their grandkids are still paying money to everywhere in the world for compensation.
So in my opinion, for example the USA should pay compensation to us, because they bombed down our infrastructure AFTER the war. Did you knew, more Germans died after the war then in the war (including soldiers). Think about that.

(I´m not a nazi and the people need to be compensated but you must have to see, the money that goes away, was earned by the people and not the politics. The decisions were made by politics too. Hitler didnt get elected by the people. So instead of ranting here, GET SOME EDUCATION)

edit on 19-11-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Staafke

It´s not Germany that is cold and greedy. Its the german tax office!!! They are predators and don´t ask for mercy!!!
No fun for the germans at all! But it is absolutely sick to act the way described above. And it is not mentioned in the german press as well! So thank you for sharing this info!

Btw: 70% (!!!) of the worldwide literature about taxes is in german language. Any questions?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
reply to post by Staafke

Here in Germany, there are people working 40hrs a week and get less then 950€ a month. So lets talk about slavework...(because they had to work for it, too) If Germany is coldhearted, why do we have a social system (one of the best in the world)?

Very nice. Not working but getting paid the same as for a 40hrs week. Sick system aint it?

Did you knew, more Germans died after the war then in the war (including soldiers). Think about that.

You mean because of starvation in the camps in Russia or???
I would like to see a source if possible.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Maybe the Germans think it would be kind of a Discrimination
when this Pension go without Taxes!??!

Like: "No Special Rules again"!
edit on 19-11-2011 by Human0815 because: spell

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocket88

reply to post by Staafke

Very nice. Not working but getting paid the same as for a 40hrs week. Sick system aint it?

You didnt get what i meant. I´m totally for compensations but you have to think about who is earning the money that will be used to compensate...

Did you knew, more Germans died after the war then in the war (including soldiers). Think about that.

You mean because of starvation in the camps in Russia or??? I would like to see a source if possible.

I´ll search for the source, no problem.

To get what I mean, you must understand that I dont want to mock about compensation or dismiss the crimes the german government did. But you have to see it from the view of the people today.
Look, we also pay to israel. What do they do with the money? Spend it for war.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Staafke

You didnt get what i meant. I´m totally for compensations but you have to think about who is earning the money that will be used to compensate...

You mean because of starvation in the camps in Russia or??? I would like to see a source if possible.

I´ll search for the source, no problem.

To get what I mean, you must understand that I dont want to mock about compensation or dismiss the crimes the german government did. But you have to see it from the view of the people today.
Look, we also pay to israel. What do they do with the money? Spend it for war.

I think you mean "Sippenhaft" (liability of a family for the crimes or activities of one of its members). As far as I know this is only possible on this compensation thing. Probably not a bad idea to use it for CEOs, manager, stock trader and bankers. You´d think about your decisions twice before ruining the life of your children and grandchildren...

If Israel spends their money on war it´s their problem. It is not german money anymore. They can do with it whatever they want.
The question is: does Israel pay taxes on their compensation?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Chillax, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. And if you ask someone not to rant, don't rant yourself... I admit that I posted this thread in a very emotional state. We Belgians are actually very proud to have Germany as our neighbours, many of us have the "hard working mentality" as your people. Please be noted that English is my third language so I made a mistake about not mentioning the word "politics" or "government" enough. I didn't mean to generalize it to the German people, my apologies, I hope you'll accept them.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

If Israel spends their money on war it´s their problem. It is not german money anymore. They can do with it whatever they want.
The question is: does Israel pay taxes on their compensation?

I think it plays a role, because its about moral here.
A country pays money to another country to compensate for war crimes. This said country then uses the money to spend it for war. So it may be not the problem of the germans or german money but I think its a bit double faced dont you?
BTW, I still owe you a source for the deaths after war. I´m afraid, I cant find it. I found some ridiculous number about 11 millions but thats way above the number I read back then (I think it was somewhat between 2-3mio that died in bombings after germany surrendered)

Originally posted by Staafke

Chillax, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. And if you ask someone not to rant, don't rant yourself... I admit that I posted this thread in a very emotional state. We Belgians are actually very proud to have Germany as our neighbours, many of us have the "hard working mentality" as your people. Please be noted that English is my third language so I made a mistake about not mentioning the word "politics" or "government" enough. I didn't mean to generalize it to the German people, my apologies, I hope you'll accept them.

Its ok, the whole thematic is bound with emotions, then language barriers do the rest. I just dont like to read generalizing things about my country (as you wouldnt, too). You read much on ATS about germans and most of time they get generalized. Btw, I´m proud of my belgian shepheerd, this dog has some fire!
edit on 20-11-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

Edit: I saw I wrote you should get some education, this is something i regrett now
edit on 20-11-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I've just read today the German embassy acknowledged their mistake today and taxes for all foreigners will be lifted! So that's good news and a relief for all!

new topics

top topics

join