It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer pepper-sprays seated, non-violent students at UC Davis

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

They can make pepper spray any way they want to and that was a mild shot. Look at the guy in the center of the video and he just sits there. That like getting hit with a tossed salad.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

See.. it's this kind of commenting that I think is trolling. No one in the real world can side with the police here. They are injuring completely peaceful protesters that are sitting. They could easily use other cops to pick them up. Neither the cops or the public are in any danger, but the cops attack and injure the people. You can't really think this was justified.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

They are cops. They don't half do it. They do it for effectiveness. Any cop will tell you.
Same reason they don't shoot their gun unless it's a kill shot. They don't shoot for the knees. They aren't dilluting pepper spray.. why would they risk it not being effective. Think about it for a second.

The cops aren't going to do this on film and get the bad press that goes with it and not use regular pepper spray. All that would do is make them look just as bad without getting the job done.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Haha, I LOL'd. I was thinking the same thing. TOA and I find ourselves arguing a lot, but TOA's pretty much on the money here.
edit on 19-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

They can make pepper spray any way they want to and that was a mild shot. Look at the guy in the center of the video and he just sits there. That like getting hit with a tossed salad.

Not all people react to pepper spray like it's depicted on television. Some people have a higher tolerance for pain (women, for one). Intent, however, is a factor here. The police there obviously intended to cause harm to these kids in order to subdue them for practicing their right of peaceable assembly. Is this really something you support?

/TOA

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
peaceful protest is the right of every citizen. The way law enforcing agencies acted was shameful. I urge the government to take necessary action against the guardians of justice and release all students who have been arrested. If any student got a side effect as a result of this spray would anyone have been accountable?

reglazing

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by mileysubet

See.. it's this kind of commenting that I think is trolling. No one in the real world can side with the police here. They are injuring completely peaceful protesters that are sitting. They could easily use other cops to pick them up. Neither the cops or the public are in any danger, but the cops attack and injure the people. You can't really think this was justified.

Not trolling but i will check the TOS and see where it says i have to agree with you. Sure as shell doesnt look like strong pepper spray to me.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by soldita

I know.. I was thinking the same thing. I think they are trying to start a riot. It's either a true testament to non violent protest or people knowing that they would be shot dead if they stepped up.

Think about it. They do something that makes your blood boil. If you step to them, if you aren't shot dead, then you go to jail for a months (if not years) for assaulting an officer. It's not right.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

I wasn't replying to you there?
Look at the name of who I was replying to.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Nope. They have been using pepper spray like crazy at these protests. It is pressurized and thick so it doesn't saturate the air like mace (i have been in a room where a friend sprayed mace and everyones eyes got watery, but it's not too bad when just in the air).

Look here at these pics from another Occupy protest.
HERE

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

If you think those people got hit with that much pepper spray and just sat there then go ahead.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Yes.. they did. Watch the video. How can you try to deny it. They knew it was coming so they covered up. You can witness that as well. Some of them that got sprayed good did move. I believe that over your theory that the cops carrying diluted dummy pepper spray..

If you are right then the cops are going out of their way for bad press..
Did you see that my message about trolling wasn't to you? It was to the poster that is putting their full support behind the police. I just can't see taking that stance unless they are intentionally trolling the thread.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Time for us to start carrying pepper spray as well.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Let's see. 20 students sprayed/500,000. per student settlement. Excessive use of force.

Cost 10 million. Don't like it, take your chances before a jury. They can spray me in the face for that price. I will come back tomorrow and let them do it again.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

that doesnt account for the reality of the situation at all. take this for instance.
stupid person makes stupid claim on line. mod removes it cause he doesnt like it being there. stupid person wonders why it got deleted. he should know better than to question the authority of the man with deleting power.

the policeman is only justified to use force when necessary. he could have easily one by one arrested. or called back up. but why pass up the opportunity to mace those hippy kids?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wonhunlo

Haha.. oh yeah. I'd probably take an unjustified, knowingly videoed, mace in the face at a peaceful protest for that kinda money. I think they should sue too. Not so much for their compensation as to check the police. Money is the best way to get some change.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The Police State has never been about security, the goal has always been control. In the course of human history no tyrant has ever willfully abdicated power - power never concedes it's power, it must be reclaimed by force.

If this video doesn't help people understand these simple facts, nothing will.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So many people seem to forget who this world belongs to... good to see their students reclaim what was theirs at the end!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
They could have easilt arrested those people one-by-one with twist-ties.

or they could have moved off the path when told to - their choice, but with choice comes repercussions.

They were sitting there peacefully protesting at ground, and yet a pig sprayed them directly in the face TWICE.
If you think this is okay, then there is something really wrong with your head.
This is like kicking someone who is laying down on ground.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by malcr
It's in a freaking park!

No it is not, try actually reading the thread before posting nonsense

But they are not hindering anyone. With your logic they should ban protests fully, since anywhere public would be seen as "hindering passage"

I guess Americans aren't smart enough to walk around?

So where the heck do you suggest they go then?
edit on 19-11-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join