It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think elephants can jump?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Ever have a question occur to you that you just know there's no obvious, ready answer to?
Well do you think elephants can jump? Now many of you might think this is a silly question and im sure it is but there is so many great minds on ATS i know someone will have a answer to this mind boggling question... Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
This is just a silly fun thread to see what people have to say nothing serious..sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Interesting question, so I had to look into it.

This is what I found:

Can elephants jump?

Elephants cannot jump. (And you thought it was just Luc Longley.) It is physiologically impossible for them to do so, because of their weight. I asked how come I see them jump down off platforms, stand on their front legs, and do all kinds of other tricks at the circus, and Tom said that none of these are natural activities for elephants in the wild, and that they will step down from a platform, but will not jump.

Followup: African elephants CAN jump!

Obviously Tom Silva, curator of mammals and elephant trainer at the Rio Grande Zoo in Albuquerque, New Mexico, only has experience with Asian elephants when he says, "Elephants cannot jump." I say this because it is generally well known that African elephants can jump.

In fact the "Elephant Jumping Festival" will be held next month in Nairobi. This is an annual event that is well attended although maybe not well publicized in the states. There are various categories according to type of jump (height vs distance) as well as categories by sex and weight of the participant.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Can you imagine an elephant on moon shoes? What would it do?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
AHA!!! I've finally identified those unidentified footprints on my trampoline!! Oh thank you so much for this thread.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
What about a man eating carnivor elephant

I saw this on tv a few years ago, ouch

edit on 19-11-2011 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2011 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I don't know if they can jump but they can climb.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Well i better get my reservations in for the "Elephant Jumping Festival" i bet that would be a hoot to go watch better then the annual apple festival we have here in Minnesota..
peace,sugarcookie1
star for you!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by THE666OCCULT

Hi THE666OCCULT..LOL that would be so darn funny i cant even imagine it ..peace,sugarcookie1 star for you!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

hiya Tasty Canadian..I wondered why my trampoline keeps getting destroyed! Its those pesky elephants at it again! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

Yikes! thats just horrible id quit my job at the elephant compound right then and there! thats just to funny..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kellerphoenix

kellerphoenix,Thats such a neat photo of course its not real but its so cool i just set it as my back ground pic on my computer thanks..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hey everyone im giveing out stars to all but were is mine? Im feeling left out! sugarcookie1

new topics

top topics

join