It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US man fired for refusing to wear '666'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Well what do you think? Some people would say he was overreacting but I have to say I wouldn't want to wear it either?

And the firing is ridiculous. There must have been a better way to resolve it.

Source:
news.ninemsn.com.au...

Billy E Hyatt claims he was fired from Pliant Corporation, a plastics factory in northern Georgia, after he refused to wear a sticker proclaiming that his factory had been accident-free for 666 days.

That number is considered the "mark of the beast" in the Bible's Book of Revelation describing the apocalypse.

Hyatt, who said he's a devout Christian, had worked for the north Georgia plastics company since June 2007 and, like other employees, wore stickers each day that proclaimed how long the factory had gone without an accident.

But he grew nervous in early 2009 as the number of accident-free days crept into the 600s. As the company's safety calendar approached day 666, Hyatt said he spoke to a manager and explained that wearing it would force him "to accept the mark of the beast and to be condemned to hell". He said the manager assured him he wouldn't have to wear the number.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

I'd say that if he is scared of a number because a fictional book told him to fear he is probably not mentally stable enough to be working.

edit on 19-11-2011 by WakeUpRiseUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Seriously?

Hope this idiot doesn't have a family to support

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Between the 99% and Hermain Cain's 999 Plan they are really trying to get us comfy with the beast.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcord
Between the 99% and Hermain Cain's 999 Plan they are really trying to get us comfy with the beast.

...And what exactly does a percentage have to do with "the mark of the beast?"

And Herman Cain's supposed to be some kind of upside-down Satanist?

That's called paranoid delusion

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Anyone who understands witchcraft and satanism understands that it makes perfect sense and that includes top scientists and leaders of our time and all down through history. Mr Braun was a believer as was his contemporary at JPL. Anyone with any sense at all knows that pyramids and eyes do not permiate every culture on earth for no damn reason. Your position is called blind stupidity.

You do not have to look very hard to find an illuminati on Mr Cain's team.
edit on 19-11-2011 by jcord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Some people need to relax. (Looks at above replies).

People have a freedom to believe in whatever they want.

They also have a right to opinion.

Stop attacking people for what they say.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I'm sure that was'nt part of his employment contract. I'm not a Christian but I would most certainly support him by not wearing it and his legal action against his employers.

It was'nt that long ago my people were forced to wear gold stars on their clothing and permanent tattoo'ed numbers on their flesh!
edit on 19-11-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

It was'nt that long ago my people were forced to wear gold stars on their clothing and permanent tattoo'ed numbers on their flesh!
You must be from the future

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I wouldn't want to wear it either! and I’m not that religious, but, you just never know… I've heard that all my life, that its the mark of the beast and with all the things that are happening and have happened over the last 30 years, It does make you think? What if its true?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
way overreacting.. not the brightest crayon in the box getting himself fired due to primitive superstition..

On the bright side there's now a job opening for someone who needs it to support their family.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by douglas82391

No, thats what happened to the Jews in Nazi Germany.

Don't be a smart arse.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

So you would do anything for your employer just for that pay check....even if it means you have to put your principles and values aside?

Thats what I call WEAK and a doosh bag!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

So you would do anything for your employer just for that pay check....even if it means you have to put your principles and values aside?

that's not wise, I have to say.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shdak
I wouldn't want to wear it either! and I’m not that religious, but, you just never know… I've heard that all my life, that its the mark of the beast and with all the things that are happening and have happened over the last 30 years, It does make you think? What if its true?
Uhh do I really need to point out the huge flaw in what your saying here? Ive been told a lot of things all my life, that doesnt make them true in anyway.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I dont work for others and never will.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Well at some point that logic center in your brain's gotta step in and say "Well I've seen this coming for about 350 days now...guess I'll wear the "666 Days Safe" sticker for one shift of work and get to keep my job and continue to support myself/my family

...All while realizing that work safety stickers have nothing to do with the Antichrist

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
way overreacting.. not the brightest crayon in the box getting himself fired due to primitive superstition..

On the bright side there's now a job opening for someone who needs it to support their family.

Then I am profoundly retarded for walking away from absolute job security and over $150k per year for a very similar reason. But actually, God takes care of his own and it was a good move...the best actually. You should see my new back yard.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
if he won 666 million dollars would he refuse to claim it because of his religeous belifes, it is only a number and I think he was just trying to be a smart ass

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I'm sure that was'nt part of his employment contract. I'm not a Christian but I would most certainly support him by not wearing it and his legal action against his employers.

What legal action? If i recall correctly there is a separation of church and state in our rights.

IN NO WAY does "666" represent a disparity of the separation of church and state, "666" is a made up fairy tail based on a hoax. There is no direct or even indirect relation to the number "666" in the bible.

The man is a fool plying the the music of even more fools. Fire him I say, do we rely want robots (following some archaic religious dogma) working for us?
edit on 19-11-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join