It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Attracts You to the Paranormal?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

what attracts me to the paranormal?

i like the question, first off id have to say the uncertainty in it, noone knows for sure if ghosts are real or not

my favorite thing to study in the paranormal is haunting themselves or supposed haunted places, favorite place Gettysburg PA

nothing really turned me on to it, ive always been interested but now that im older in my 20's i can actually explore things for myself

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Have you evperienced anything that you would like to share?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
1) What attracts you to the paranormal?
For me, it invokes a strange mixture of fascination and absolute terror. I just can't tear my eyes away.

2) Have you always been a fan or did something trigger your intrest?
I would have to say that my interest was triggered. There has always been the thought that these things existed in the back of my mind, but I never really took a huge 'interest' until I went to a place called Crawford Road.. and I'm not a fan of sharing the experience anymore.

3) What is your favorite paranormal topic to study up on?
Actually, it was a topic that brought me to ATS itself. I'd been on a Cafe mom forum for the Paranormal, and someone brought up the subject of Black Eyed Kids, or BEKs. I was immediately obsessed and my research brought me here.. and the rest is history.
Black Eyed kids- Did I just have an BEK experience? This is the thread, I believe. I think. There are a few others, though.. but it's been so long that I don't really remember.

4) Have any good stories you would like to share?
I do, but the few times that I have told the story, it wasn't believed.. I might tell the story here one day, but I don't know. Not today.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

well the first time i had a paranormal experiance was back in the mid 90's my family went to Gettysburg for a week. we were on little round top look down at the valley of death, slaughter pen, and devils den. these 3 areas saw some of the heaviest fighting throughout the battle. now i was exploring the battlefield for a little while just doing what kids do, and moving down towards devils den from little round top i heard what sounded like blackpowder rilfe fire and the rebel yell, at the time since i was young i didn't really think about it all that much but the older i got the more i looked into it and i guess its a pretty common thing to hear.

the second thing that has happened to me happened about 2 or 3 years ago. i was staying at my parents house for the weekend, i remember i went to bed at around 12-1230 EST and woke up to my name being called in my head but it was so loud it sounded like it was right next to me so i opened my eyes because i was kind of startled, now when i opened my eyes i looked at my door which was open and could see straight down the hallway, it appeared that a very bright white object was floating down the hall. it was almost like a mist but it had some what of a form to it. now i was fixed on it for a good minute or so until it pretty much just vanished when it reached the end of the hall where there is a closet located.

the second experiance i had startled me alittle just because of my name being pretty much yelled, i didn't know what to think of it. nothing has happened since then though, i still visit my parents atleast once a month and nothing new to report

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
sounds like an angelic being or something of the sort possibly.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Why am I interested in the paranormal?

When I was a child I use to love reading my Dads paranormal and mystery books, these included A.C.Clark Mysterious World.
I have now inherited these books and I still enjoy reading them.
Most people love a good mystery and im no different.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I am interested in the paranormal because I have had "strange" experiences all my life. I started researching the topic at a very young age trying to find answers. I have experienced ghosts, UFOs, some huge monster walking by our bathroom window (possible BigFoot, and it lived in the woods across from my house for almost a year, yelling at night), having objects materialize right in front of my eyes! Actually, it was just one object, but......... very frightening experience! I suppose that is the one I'll discuss here...
I had a ring setting that was made from Kentucky coal that my husband gave me (ex-husband now). He said it was one of a kind. Maybe a year after we were divorced I lost the setting in the ring at a local club. Three months later my cousin and I went to a drive-in theater (this was in the mid 1970's). During intermission I went for a bathroom run. As I stood and looked up, there was something black dangling in mid-air in front of my face. I thought at first it was a spider hanging on a web, but then it fell to the concrete ground and made a noise so I knew whatever it was, it was a solid object. As I knelt over getting a closer look, I realized this was the setting from my ring that I had lost three months prior in a totally different place! It was like it just materialized in front of me and fell at my feet. I picked it up and put it in my pocket. When I went back to the car my cousin asked me if I was okay because she said I was pale as a ghost. I told her what happened, and she was speechless! When I got home I placed the setting in my ring, put the ring away in my jewelry case, and I have never taken it out again since that day! Still don't know what to make out of this! Anyone ever experienced anything like this?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by afraidofthedark

Paranormal mysteries are the best.
edit on 2/29/2012 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

That truly is a strange experience and one that I have never heard of happening before. Have you been having anything strange happening in your home since you locked it up?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I've had strange experiences ALL my life, before and after, I locked the ring up. I'd throw the ring away, but I'm afraid it would materialize in front of me again! Strangest thing I've ever experienced..... and I don't want to again!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Sounds pretty interesting. Have you checked latley to make sure its still locked up?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join