It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-OWS threads reach for everything they can to denouce the movement.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox7
reply to post by beezzer

I can watch wide footage with the sound down to see that the greater majority of theses 'people', are really not very bright.

Yeah.. that's how you get the whole story. You watch and see if people "look dumb" rather than actually hear what they have to say.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Man are you in denial or what? You are really grasping at straws to explain the behaviors of some in OWS. If you find defecating in public to be acceptable behavior then that speaks volumes.

I'm not sure where I stated defecating in public is acceptable behavior, please point it out if you can find it. I'm saying people can't always hold it in, especially in an over crowded area with limited bathrooms. Grasping at straws? lol? What reason do you think people have for doing it? Do a small handful of protestors get a thrill out of pooping on the sidewalk? Or do you think it's them purposely trying to be disrespectful to the sidewalk?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomXisntXFree

You choose a few minor incidents to condemn those who condemn the OWS movement. However, you ignore the incidents of murder, rape, assaults, arson, theft, destruction of private property running into the hundreds of thousands, the raiding of businesses, the blocking of people trying to get to work, and the attacks on reporters and police with some of them resulting in injury serious enough to send people to the hospital that have occurred at OWS sites.

Yet the Left, including supposed reputable members of the main stream media, the Democrat Party, and the Obama administration, painted the Tea Party people as Nazis, inciters of assassination, racists, and murderers when not a single instance of violence was committed by a TPM member. The Agenda Project put out an ad portraying a Republican as killing an elderly woman. Not even the alleged calling of politicians the N-word or spitting on them was proven. Also, an alleged KKK member at a Tea Party rally turned out to be a Leftist agent provocateur. The MSM even doctored a video to make it seem like a white Tea Party racist was carrying an automatic weapon at an Obama rally illegally when no such thing ever happened.

Why the selective indignation?

PS; the ad about throwing a woman off a cliff reminded me of the Democrat ad during the 1960 Goldwater campaign of a nuclear weapon going off behind a child and representing that Goldwater favored nuclear war. I'll also bet the "revelations" about Cain were done by Democrat operatives. I just wonder how far Mr. Obama is willing to go to hang onto power.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Why do you disregard the proven instance of an OWS demonstrator defecating on a police car? Was that merely a man responding to the call of nature?

You are grasping at straws indeed to excuse the behavior of all too many OWS protestors. Name one such instance of such an instance at a Tea Party rally.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Recce1

The tea party hasn't had nearly the coverage nor the support Occupy has had. Imo, the majority of the bashing on ATS comes from tea party members that are angry Occupy just took any chance they had to do anything. As long as Occupy exists, tea party will be dead news. Tea party even has anti-Occupy up on it's main page to try and gain google rating. Pathetic.
edit on 20-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Living in Germany, I'm not exposed to US media as much. So Fox has had no impact on my opinion.

From the start, "Occupy" (at least in America) has been more about "economic" and "social" justice than anything else.
And those are just buzz-words for wealth distribution.

Yes Beez, I do believe that many Occupy people think this is the answer to America's problems. "wealth distribution". However, there are many other Occupy people who seem OK to ride with the group because they also feel these demonstrations point out ALL of the problems America is facing.

"Occupy" took a theme and made it their own. Targeting banks and Wall Street while ignoring the Fed, and politicians has been a partisan move that embraced the class warfare undercurrent that was initiated by the current administration.

I see "targeting banks and Wall Street" as connecting to the Feds and corrupt government.

Who is for graft and corruption? The solutions presented though, here and on the Occupy websites only beg for larger government.

Are not their issues all of our problems? Not all of Occupy supporters are for big government. There are many diverse people in the demonstrations, and not all are there for correction to our country. This is true. I watched the live streaming of the latest OWS from NYC Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday. I was impressed by the reporting in the live stream from Tim Pool, the other 99%.

I will continue MY fight for smaller, more responsible government. I will encourage stronger laws to inhibit corporate and union and PAC influences in politics.

I agree with this solution also. Could it be our position to help these demonstrators see the way to correct the problems they face instead of just bashing everything?

But a I will not support a movement wanting a larger government, larger control over business, or legislation that would include loan, housing forgiveness, or a government "jobs" program that just takes tax payer dollars and "redistributes" it to those that the government hires.

It would not be my way to support these solutions either.

Government is a necessary evil. It should not be seen as an employer, or rescue, since government created the problems in the first place.

Beez, I usually agree with about 99% of your posts, and also agree with about 99% of this post also. But I do believe that we could use this movement to guide these protesters to see that big government is the problem not the solution.

Mahree

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mahree

Most of the protesters don't see big government as the solution honestly.
But I do agree, I have been calling to get more libertarians and other conservatives out there and joining in for a month or so now. It's only a "mostly liberal movement," because conservatives are saying "I won't join a 'mostly liberal movement.'" An irony I know.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

I'm not sure where I stated defecating in public is acceptable behavior, please point it out if you can find it. I'm saying people can't always hold it in, especially in an over crowded area with limited bathrooms. Grasping at straws? lol? What reason do you think people have for doing it? Do a small handful of protestors get a thrill out of pooping on the sidewalk? Or do you think it's them purposely trying to be disrespectful to the sidewalk?

Here are your own words:

The deification on sidewalks happens at such an insignificant rate compared to the rest of OWS.. What are you trying to accomplish by this?.....People are so disconnected from their bodies and nature that pooping is this taboo thing and if someone has to do it in public it is the most grievous offensive thing. It's absurd.

You make it sound acceptable that "hey, sometimes people gotta go". You certainly haven't stated that it isn't acceptable behavior, just making up excuses for it. Not in public, not on a sidewalk. It really is a crime, to do so, you would get ticketed if the Police saw you do it.

I have been at far larger public gatherings than OWS where there wasn't adequate bathrooms. I'm talking 50,000 to 75,000+, probably far more people, for multiple days where the place is pretty trashed by the sheer amount of people. Go to Pamplona Spain during the running of the Bulls, everyone there is trashed, tons of sleeping in the parks, trash everywhere, not enough bathrooms ect... Never once did I have to walk over human poop on a sidewalk. The actual campers at OWS are a far lower number than that, and should conduct themselves at least as well as a bunch really trashed bull runners who stayed up all night drinking and partying (Yeah, I was one of them..LOL).

I'm sorry there is no excuse for doing that, don't make them up.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
My own local OWS Group is facing evict now over their own stupidity in creating too big of a camp or bivouac style setting directly in front of the doors of our City Hall.

Often times there is no reasoning with them on sound and solid solutions. They are creating their own problems.

I agree with the Occupy Movement at it's core values but I will never agree with the ignorance,the stupidity of their actions of infringing upon others rights that they themselves are doing too and protesting against.

That is what we call hypocritical by nature.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomXisntXFree

Excuse me for being cynical, but the whole OWS movement ignores the politicians who have been "legally" insider trading and profiting from everything they are protesting against. That makes them hard to take seriously.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I am against OW#. First, I see signs and hear comments that indicate to me that the lifestyle of democracy isn't good enough for them. They want to switch around to a lifestyle like England, or... or... even Russia. Yeah... Let's take a look at lifestyles where it appears that everyone has the same opportunity to be on the dole, or at the behest of the Mother government.

No offense to any of my British friends. I have lived in England, I have many great friends who live there, or I met there, who are British. I loved my four years there. However, it isn't quite my life style.

I'm thinking with the way things are in Russia, some of the highest rates of alcoholism, depression and such... Um...

Maybe not, then consider the generations of folks on the dole. Whole families that haven't had a generation working in several of those.

There's a whole lot of other material that I could put in here, but really have to run and haven't the time. (My very humble apologies). Tut! A could of final thoughts.

1. A picture of one of the OW# men, taking a crap on an American Flag, just put it all in perspective for me.

2. I have yet to hear or speak to an OW# who basically has any idea beyond the government or the really rich people financing their whole life for them

3. No real perspectives on life in general, other than "I want what you have!", with no concept of how to get out and do it on their own.

I know, I'm old, but I am worried about my country.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Well I'm not a Tea Party member and I have been outspoken and critical of some of the movements actions. Yet I get called names and attacked simply because I DO talk about certain activities caused by some of the groups members.

Which for some reason is a TABOO subject simply because it paints them in a bad light. [WE know its the actions by a few] yet what many OWS supporters choose to do is to instead of denouncing those activities they rather play them down by saying it's "the actions of a few and not the whole"

I've stated numerous times here at ATS that I agree with the General Premise of the movements cause but not their lack of leadership, lack of cohesive message and lack of a real agenda.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Well I'm not a Tea Party member and I have been outspoken and critical of some of the movements actions. Yet I get called names and attacked simply because I DO talk about certain activities caused by some of the groups members.

Which for some reason is a TABOO subject simply because it paints them in a bad light. [WE know its the actions by a few] yet what many OWS supporters choose to do is to instead of denouncing those activities they rather play them down by saying it's "the actions of a few and not the whole"

I've stated numerous times here at ATS that I agree with the General Premise of the movements cause but not their lack of leadership, lack of cohesive message and lack of a real agenda.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Recce1
reply to post by Drezden

Why do you disregard the proven instance of an OWS demonstrator defecating on a police car? Was that merely a man responding to the call of nature?

You are grasping at straws indeed to excuse the behavior of all too many OWS protestors. Name one such instance of such an instance at a Tea Party rally.

First, I did not specifically disregard an OWS protestor defecating on a police car. That is one man, the majority of haven't been on police cars you would agree?

What you are doing is taking this man, the smallest minority within the minority of people who are defecating in the streets, and judging the entire OWS, full of thousands of people who do not do things like that. Do you see how silly that is, that my friend is grasping at straws.

Let's say 1000 people are protesting at OWS
Let's say 12 defecated in the street
Let's say 2 of them defecated on a police car.

Now let's judge all 1,000 people by the actions of the 2. Why doesn't OWS clean up their act and stop defecating on the street?!

The way you people take isolated incidents and blow them out of proportion (a tactic the MSM loves to use) reeks of desperation.

The Tea Party was not a 24/7 "occupation" protest.
edit on 11/20/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
What you really seem to mean is "They have no demands I approve of".

This is a perfect example and exactly why I have issues with some OWS supporters here at ATS. It would add creditability if you stopped assuming you understood somebody's stance and read what they wrote.

OWS, for all its faults (and there are a few), represents peaceful change. I'd much rather have that than the Libyan or Syrian versions, wouldn't you?

A little patience, forbearance, and understanding , please.

Have you seen some of the threads and replies in many of those threads advocating violent uprising here at ATS? Where "Supporters" are advocating anything but peaceful change?

This is the heart of the problem. No cohesive message. You state one thing here in this thread then meanwhile on another thread at this very moment another supporter is screaming for armed insurrection and violence.

[Both are claiming to speak for OWS]

Capiche?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

OWS does denounce the misbehavior of the few. They do it as it's happening, or after when they find out. Protestors in Eugene aren't going to know much about the misbehavior of the protestors in New York.

I refer you to this video which shows the protestors yelling (denouncing), and physically pulling the unruly protestors away from the man.

And then it was denounced later by those that found out.

Protestors can't watch tv all day or sit on their computer to hear about every little problem happening at other protests.

Most of the cities haven't had problems worthy of putting in the news, so you don't hear about the protestors who are behaving, you here repeated bad stories out of Oakland or NY and judge the whole protest by it. It's very skewed.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Have you seen some of the threads and replies in many of those threads advocating violent uprising here at ATS? Where "Supporters" are advocating anything but peaceful change?

Really dude? ATS has some of the biggest fringe belief and extremists on the internet. It is not an accurate description of the people at OWS or their values. Many people will talk big on the internet, but in real life they aren't protesting. Those that get on ATS to discuss a violent revolution are most likely not protesting but at home browsing ATS.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I refer you to this video which shows the protestors yelling (denouncing), and physically pulling the unruly protestors away from the man.

That video actually does more harm than good for your argument.

And then it was denounced later by those that found out.

As it should be.
It demonstrates the lack of a cohesive message and lack of leadership.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Really dude?

YES, Really dude!

ATS has some of the biggest fringe belief and extremists on the internet.

Which you are a member of...

It is not an accurate description of the people at OWS or their values.

Really?

THEY seem to think otherwise.

Many people will talk big on the internet, but in real life they aren't protesting.

That sounds like an assumption to me but please continue...

Those that get on ATS to discuss a violent revolution are most likely not protesting but at home browsing ATS.

How do we who observe OWS and it's supporters objectively here at ATS separate the wheat from the chaff? When both are claiming to speak for the movement?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Who on ATS is speaking on behalf of OWS? I haven't seen anyone do that? As you've pointed out it is leaderless, so those that are speaking on behalf of OWS, especially on ATS.. are credible OWS spokespeople because?

It's inaccurate to say that OWS wants a violent revolution.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join