It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts on the coming war with Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Everyone on ATS has been following the whole bomb Iran story these past few years, and what a rollercoaster ride it has been!

I have a few thoughts on the matter that I would like to put out there, and please feel free to comment.

1) I don't see any action taking place until the US has pulled completely out of Iraq

2) remember a year or two ago when that story came out stating that Israel was handing out gas masks to its intier population? The story at that time said that it would take a few years to complete the task, hmmm wonder how far along they are with that?

3) could the thing that sets off an attack against Iran be some computer virus launching a rocket from Iran targeting either Israel, Europe or the oil fields of Saudi Arabia?

4) I would almost bet that Saudi Arabia will help flip the bill if the US does attack Iran, seeing how Iran targeted that Saudi representative.

5) If war does break out I would also bet that we see a lot of currently unknown technology put to use in an attempt to "shut Iran down " in the quickest possible time

6) The overwhelming display put on by the US against Iran will do more to isolate the US from Russia and China then the fact that Iran was attacked

edit on 18-11-2011 by Max_TO because: Iraq not Iran in first line, thx all

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Dont you see that the whole afghanistan-iraq occupations were for this exact moment. NOW Iran is surrounded. Its all worked to the US plan trust me, they are not as stupid as they like us all to think they are.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It is hard to guess the timing.

As the pitch has already been made, it should come soon.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The war with Iran has very little to do with their desire to possess nuclear weapons (IMHO). It has everything to do with controlling the middle east and their oil.

When I look at the recent history in that area the gov'ts there are falling like dominoes, and with our help I might add.
Even though I am a strict conservative I fail to see why we have this disdain for Iran when we lay in bed with Pakistan.
To me it is none of our business if they have the bomb, but it may be worth mentioning to them that now they are sitting at the adult table and there are ramifications to using a weapon like that.
It just seems that control of the Oil might be the underlying reason for the west's (our) interest with Iran. The problem with attacking Iran is it would immediately cripple the worlds oil supply and flow, The Iranians are smart enough to know they couldn't win a battle with our Navy but I am sure they figure out that sinking 1000 ft. tanker would plug the strait of Hormuz..

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

1. I think you mean pull out of Iraq

2. Since most of the population is militarized not much of a task

3. Since a similar incident was a plotline on X Men First Class, highly probable

4. The Saudi thing was a blatant and stupid false flag, but Sunnis hate Shia so probably and the Saudis have been itching to cut the head off the snake

5. Always happens. Nothing new about our "unique capabilities"

6. The US spends more than 4 X what China and Russia combined spend on military, so what does the hammer of the earth care? This is about domination. They are next and they know it.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hey Max_TO

S & F

Good to see ya. It's been a while my old friend. I dunno I'll post a few thoughts on the subject.

Originally posted by Max_TO
1) I don't see any action taking place until the US pulled completely out of Iran

I'm assuming you mean Iraq not Iran here. Well most of those troops are coming home not being deployed elsewhere that we know of.

2) remember a year or two ago when that story came out stating that Israel was handing out gas masks to its intier population? The story at that time said that it would take a few years to complete the task, hmmm wonder how far along they are with that?

I remember reading something about it. Would Iran use chemical weapons on Israel?

3) could the thing that sets off an attack against Iran be some computer virus launching a rocket from Iran targeting either Israel, Europe or the oil fields of Saudi Arabia?

I suppose, it's possible considering Iran could be vulnerable to this type of scenario. After it's all said and done they are new comers to this type of tech. Now would it be a result of a "Virus" or a homegrown software glitch?: Either would be disastrous.

4) I would almost bet that Saudi Arabia will help flip the bill if the US does attack Iran, seeing how Iran targeted that Saudi representative.

Well the Saudis have no love for Tehran and visa vera. They might or just help out Covertly if your scenario played out. Why not? Iran and the Saudis have been training, equipping and supporting apposing sides between Sunni and Shiites in Iraq for the past 5 or 6 years in sectarian violence already.

Needlessly extending the conflict there for 3 or 4 years causing untold numbers of civilian casualties.

5) If war does break out I would also bet that we see a lot of currently unknown technology put to use in an attempt to "shut Iran down " in the quickest possible time

I honestly doubt it.

6) The overwhelming display put on by the US against Iran will do more to isolate the US from Russia and China then the fact that Iran was attacked

Well maybe politically but not economically, we are all connected.
I'm sure the US would attempt to gather some international support for such an endeavor.

However Max_TO, I honestly do not think the US will attack Iran. I think they are hoping for the regime to collapse from within. I've been a member a few years and even before becoming a members I stalked the threads. I've been reading and hearing about this immanent attack on Iran for years as you have also.

PEACE

edit on 18-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

There are several countries over the past three decades who thought that the US would never get around to actually attacking them. They all have shiny new central banks now.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jcord

That's true but...

Iran has been on the top of this supposed hit list for decades and having said that, why didn't Bush/Cheney make up some "Lies" about Iran regarding 9/11 and just go in when the iron was hot?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

jcord: Back then was Iran what it is now?

slayer69: and what is that?

jcord: surrounded.

slayer69: erm...no.

the US picked off the low hanging fruit first

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It's simply not the time and place. Nobody will attack Iran. They rather will long for another leadership. An asshole, that follows their instructions. He will be there. He is already waiting in the background. - Maybe this time it is even a she, but I don't think so.

It doesn't matter anyhow, because other trainers will be on board.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jcord

Well if you're going to have some sort of half assed conversation with yourself have at it.

Mind if the rest of us read along?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I don't have another twenty years to wait for you to pick up what's going on.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jcord

In twenty years we'll still be sitting here waiting for this "Immanent" attack.

By the way here is some lite reading. Don't worry it has some pictures for you...

[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread476154/pg1]---->Link here

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

If and when US attacks Iran depends upon 'mischief potential' of Iran.

A nuke in Iranian hands makes the mischief quotient quite high.

US ability to 'pacify' middle east depends on containing 'nuke ambitions' of gulf states.

It is clear that Iran has enriched Uranium. It is not clear if it has the bomb (and how many). A compact nuke can be fitted atop an anti-ship cruise missile (even an unguided rocket), which are everywhere. So nuclear Iran is not a small issue, given its shrill anti-west stance.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Hey old friend, good to see you too!

Admittedly, much of what I said is speculation, but hey it is ATS after all

I would have to agree with you, the end result could still very well be some internal action that forces some type of governmental change in Iran. But having said that, I can never remember the drums of war beating so loud and not seeing someone get bombed.

If the war drums do, in the end, lead to an attack on Iran, I still think it very likely that we see one of the most devastating first strikes of all time.

edit on 19-11-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The stock market is giving unmistakable signs something is going to happen soon.

Most likely it is Iran.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Interesting thread, but let's hope it's not a coming war.

However, if we want to be realistic than we would say that U.S. and Iran are dangerously close to war, only one spark and a war will "explode".

Anyway, Iran is not Iraq so U.S. will suffer greatly if they attack, which unfortunately will affect it's people if invasion will be launched by U.S. There are many things we don't know about Iran, what if they are pretending they are still in a process of developing nuclear weaponry? What if they are waiting U.S. to attack so they can use it as a final excuse and start nuclear bombing?

Those are just speculations, what I want to pint out is that Iran is no "joke" like other Middle Eastern countries that brag (U.S. is no different if we consider bragging and showing off), Iran has, just like U.S. evil leaders and will do anything to crush both Israel and U.S. even if that means starting a nuclear war.

Even if it is true that they are still only developing a nuclear program, U.S. has no chance just to bomb and sweep Iran like they did so in Iraq and Afghanistan, they will face a lot of resistance and not just from military, there will be a huge recruitment in people that will probably take out U.S. soldiers with suicide bombing, guys this might seem crazy but it is true because Iran is crazy.

The thing i hope and pray for is for war not to start until new pres. is elected in U.S. If we get Ron Paul as a pres. there will be no war, and if Pentagon's ego stays put till then there is a possibility of peace.

new topics

top topics

join