It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should OWS do now?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

That is far to general. OWS is loseing my support as the days go by because it seems the only message is corparation bad govt bad but there isnt a true message. Let me put it another way. The movement needs to come up with some solutions and they need some sort of structure.

I had hoped to hear some kind of real doeable solutions from them by now.

Things I would support.

1. Limiting campain contributions from any single entity be it person or corperation.

2. Geting rid of the law saying corperations are people.

3. Politicans should not be allowed to make money as speakers, historians lol, or any other way while in office. For that matter I would like to see some sort of I.Q. test for anyone about to hold office there should be some sort of test because I don't even think half of them know what is in the constitution.

4. There needs to be some organization that police congress and the senate that can make arrests. Perhaps there needs to be a law where any talks between any politician and lobyist there would have to be a third party there. .

5. There needs to be full disclosure on who has donated to political campains ( how much and who they are especialy). No more Super PACs.

6. There need to be caps on salarys for CEOs I saw that there was one person in wall street that made over half a billion dollars in one year. That is just grotesque. The idea that you can't get good people without outrages sums of money is completly false. The CEO of COSTCO earned 350,000 last year. If anything I would say he is not geting pain enough comparitivly but the reality is other CEOs are being paid to much.

7. Once someone takes office there finnances as far as investing and so forth should be out of there hands to where they can not proffit on what bills are passed.

8. Politicians should have a cool down period after leaving office of 3 to 4 years before being able to work in a private firm and should be outlawed from ever working for any lobbying group or become a lobbyist themself.

9. Last one I will put here. The corperate loopholes need to be closed. I am not very educated on what they are but I do know companies like G.E. didn't pay any taxes.

I find that lobyist are one of the biggest problems we have although I don't know how to fix that. Maybe corperations can only have one represent them or ???? Crap I have no idea on that.

The thing is I am only one person and I have ideas but where are the OWS ideas. If there arn't some soon then it will be just a huge waste of time for everyone.

Please OWS get your act together. I want something good to come out of it all and if you actualy come up with a real message I will be there by your side. Put down the drums and get to work.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
There is one more thing I can think of that just about everyone in America would get behind.

TERM LIMITS on the Senate and Congress. 12 years is more than enough for these people to hold a seat. 12 years is just my personal opinion but I feel is fair. Most of what they do in thoses houses is just try to keep there seat. Its a free ride. Real change will be affected if they only have a limited amount of time to achieve it.

Why isnt this something that we as Americans havent been screaming about for years. It wasn't long ago there was a senator I believe that used to be wheeled in on a bed. Bless his heart but how in touch do you think he was with the American people.

Someone from OWS I would love to hear your opinions on these ideas or anyones opinions.
edit on 23-11-2011 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join