It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should OWS do now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Just got back from the local Occupy encampment here in Vancouver, Canada, a very interesting experience. The court has ordered an injunction against them, to be issued Monday or something like that (I don't have all the information).

Anyway, I had an idea, and so I went down there to share it with them, and did manage to share it with a couple of the occupiers who I believe might have been in a position to in turn share it with their larger membership as they do hold meetings, and aren't just sitting down there at the Vancouver Art Gallary smoking pot all day!

So here's my idea. Please tell us what you think, and what you would propose, and hey you never know as I'm sure some of the protestors might even be active here and thus in a position to disseminate information among their fellow OWS'ers.

Getting ahead of the curve - switching tactics

Ok, so the movement was initially supported by over 56% of the American people, something like that..

Now, many percieve them as "dirty hippies" without a cause, or a message, and support is fast waning, meanwhile courts in almost every major city are issuing injunctions authorizing the police to remove the encampments, forcibly if needed, and in many locations, the writing is on the wall, and the Occupyers are just sitting there waiting to be forcibly removed and arrested. What I'm saying is that first - it worked! "We" grabbed the MSM's attention, and were all over the news during the one month anniversary in NYC, and what happened there - a demontration, a walk, a standing protest, which was very successful, not camping out. But secondly, I am saying this - the camping thing, while very effective at first, to get the presence in place, has now become counter productive, and inevitably, cannot be sustained indefinitely, plus it may have already served it's purpose.

THUS, and here's where it starts to get interesting - wherever encampments are under threat, in some cases imminent threat of removal, get together and set a time in the dead of night for a secret removal and departure, and without any comment to the media, who will be left scratching their heads in wonder the next day at what happened, and then, literally within days (as soon as everything is cleaned up) RE-OCCUPY, not as an encampment, but as a standing demonstration, which is just another form of occupation anyway, except that it's one that leaves at night, goes to sleep at home, and then returns again, in ever larger numbers, the very next day, day after day after day. The media would have to report it, and everyone who supported the movement, will do so once again!!!

The media will report it - the support will return, and exceed prior support, the demonstrations will grow and grow, each OWS encampment serving like a seed, for the STAGE TWO - Civil and NON-VIOLENT demonstration, in the name and spirit of Ghandi and Martin Luther King. So, with the video cams rolling, the world will see the people, one by one, in lines, surrendering to the billy clubs, etc, which will horrify the general public and garner still MORE AND MORE SUPPORT, so that the movement PIVOTS, and becomes a standing demontration, called something like UWS (united we stand), whatever, a new movement from the movement, a bifurcation - starting with this seemingly perplexing move, of first VANISHING, and then returning IN FORCE, three days later, just like what happened the other day in NYC when they crossed the Brooklyn Bridge after getting evicted from the campout tent city.

NON-VIOLENT - standing (not camping anymore) DEMONTRATIONS - all over the country - a transformation of OWS perpetrated by the whole movement, as if quite literally OVERNIGHT, to became a very very LOUD "QUIET REVOLUTION", and something we can all join! I told them I would be there, for the rally when the time came, if they would but have the courage to let go of something, a temporary community, which was and is already surely ready to be taken away, any DAY NOW, anyway..

Why not mess with everyone's head, and suddenly dissassemble and remove the encampments, only to return, literally in mere DAYS (LOL) in ever larger NUMBERS, on foot! United we stand - UWS, something like that.

That's the idea I have in mind, and apparently it's been and is being considered, a dead of the night vanishing act, only to be followed by a more significant rally and demonstration, the very moment the site is cleaned up by the city!

It's BRILLIANT! Please, if you're connected to this movement in any way, spread it around. Once one City location does this, and it works, others will surely follow the lead.

It could become a third party someday.. anything's possible. Let's just not make the same mistakes as the past hippies did, many of whom became the 1%!

But ultimately we must come to power, at all levels, and change the system at all levels, by capturing the minds and the hearts of ONE WHOLE GENERATION. It's doable, is sure it now, if we play our cards right that is.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 18-11-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
OWS should do a march on Washington with their list of demands,trim those demands down to a reasonable,not so crazy,demand.
A 1 million or more march.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You could occupy vacant commercial buildings (not sure of Canada's laws, as I stated in the link you could not do this in the USA) lol :

www.infowars.com...

EDIT: Yes I know they need to refocus their message to the FED, corruptocrats, etc., but I wanted to inject some humor

edit on 18-11-2011 by YoungBloodNews because: Added

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
[color=mediumorchid]They should start barking up the right tree.

Second.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
With so many protestors camping out I
am wondering how many are homeless,
do they have a place to go? Any one know?

I agree, a new tactic is called for, the camping
has served its purpose and its turning supporters
away instead of them joining the Occupy.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I KNOW there must be an OWS'er here at ATS who can take this to the "committies", however loosely assembled.

It would be cool to see anyway, and I just wanted to make sure that I did whatever I could to get the idea across, somewhere, somehow it will get picked up, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist (no I'm not) to figure this out either. It's a damn fine idea anyway, and this is the new age of the noosphere and social networking wherein new possibilities present themselves, to overthrow the system eventually.

It's not over yet, that's what I'm saying. No, to the contrary, it's just STARTED, and it's just starting to get interesting.

One month isn't a long time.

This movement aint over yet, mark my words!

Cheers,

NAM

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
They should turn their focus on the Federal Reserve because the Federal Reserve is the heart of the problem.

Until the Federal Reserve is dealt with nothing else is of any relevance.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
With so many protestors camping out I
am wondering how many are homeless,
do they have a place to go? Any one know?

I agree, a new tactic is called for, the camping
has served its purpose and its turning supporters
away instead of them joining the Occupy.

Yes, many at the Vancouver camp at the Art Gallary are already homeless, but that's not the case I don't think for the US locations. We have a rather notorious "East End" from which to draw you could say, so the makeup here in Vancouver is quite literallly "dirty hippies" but that's not the case at the other locations, maybe to a degree.

They all have places to go, and then return as part of a standing army, the downtrodden, the oppressed, there's a place for everyone.

It would make for an interesting WAVE to behold, the RE-OCCUPY movement!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

My idea is almost on point with yours, except I know a thing or two about injunctions. Injunctions will specify the space people are to be removed from. By law the order must contain very descriptive information. In terms of the OWS protesters this is the area in which they are camping at. I would propose they do as you stated pack up without a word, but instead of going home, relocate to another suitable area that is not part of the injunction(another park, plaza, or other public area). In this manner the city will be forced to go back to court, include another request for another area. Then the process repeats for the OWS protesters.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The first thing that people should do is obvious,

KNOW YOUR ENEMY!!

The second thing people should do is have a precise goal in mind, and a workable plan to achieve this goal.

That's not rocket science.

Who is the enemy

The elite have us fighting each other. We're debating over whether we should focus on the corruption in the public, or private sectors, the government or the large corporations. Does nobody else honestly not see that neither hits at the root?

It's the elite, of course. Not this hogwash 1% nonsense. That's upper middle class, to just starting to acquire real wealth territory. They are using our energy in a controlled demolition of sorts. It's functional destruction for the greedy bastards.

The way to win, is to call the bastards out for the crimes they've committed against humanity. After they are put in their proper places, we set the societies in order.

You aren't going to have this happen from peaceful protests. At very best the parasites will ditch and cause a crash and burn of societies as you peacefully demonstrate in large enough numbers. What goes around comes around...to another country near you!

Once enough awareness is attained of our enemies, their exact crimes, and of the bastardizations done to our core ideal of a government , we must move swiftly to truly OCCUPY state and federal government offices until the scum are ousted, and the system is set straight.

We either occupy with full organization, sound and clear principals, and the will to not back down until the system is set straight, else it's game over. It means the people truly stand up to the elite. Organization is needed. Heck, that's part of what forums like ATS are about. Getting like minds together to collaborate. Nothing wrong with that.

Just think about what happens to a movement that lacks central organization? It gets infiltrated, and breaks apart. We need to fin the most universal principals to stand by, so that good people can reach each other to take a stand. Then we break down in simple terms what the problem is, and who exactly is to blame and why. Once the people realize that their frustrations are encapsulated in what the main focus is already about, they'll get on board.

It's so easy, and yet so difficult.

edit on 18-11-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I agree with you in that they should go home at night and come back in the day. However, I feel like many will just not come back if they have to go home, and many other may not even have a home to go back to anymore. If they did do this I think it is very true that eventually the cops will still be going after them harshly for any reason that they can come up with and it would hopefully eventually become clear to the people that the system is indeed very corrupt.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
OWS needs to come up with a clear and concise set of demands. They then need to take these demands and protest to those who could address their issues. This means that instead of occupying private property and living in tents wallowing in their own feces to go stand outside the White House or outside the Capitol and voice their opinions.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
OWS has a list of demands.
sites.google.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
They should all go to Canada to protest American economic inequality,lol.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think the idea has merit but doesn't quite complete the picture.

Genuine protest cannot be part-time.

Going home at night leaves the movement vulnerable to propaganda claiming that the protesters don't care enough to give up their comfy beds.

So what I recommend is that yes, the camps disappear before the cops show, but the people remain in shifts when they return. By creating several overlapping shifts, of say, six hours each ( five shifts), OWS can maintain a constant presence, but no one set of people is there longer than six hours or so. The movement to shifts lessens the dangers of harsh weather, allows people to clean up, recover, and help prepare food, coordinate necessities, and do door-to-door education. At the same time it cuts the legal ground out from under the mayors' and police's feet, forcing them to admit they are attacking the message if they continue to arrest people.

Meanwhile the people freed up from simply sitting can be better employed presenting the message door-to-door in their own neighborhoods and can ASK residents for their observations of what the problems facing the locality, state, and nation are and give them the opportunity to offer solutions.

Those problems and solutions can then be collated into usable forms that can be presented to relevant authorities at each level. Again, this would force an unpleasant choice upon the local, state, and federal authorities: either address those problems satisfactorily or risk angering people who are currently supporting them. Either way, OWS wins. Communities get better or they get more aligned with OWS and its (their) goals.

Framing the discussion properly is important, and making sure it is a discussion and not a one-sided diatribe is important. Contact teams must actually listen to what the people are saying and offering, and record it accurately. Hit enough people and a broad consensus will eventually emerge.

Do this and OWS will have a legitimate claim to representing the wishes of the people of this nation that will not be easily refuted. Communicating with more people on a deeper level will broaden support and strengthen understanding.

I believe this tactic will work best, and will cause the most headaches for TPTB.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
What should they do now?

I dunno. Move out of mom's basement? Take showers? Get a freakin' job???

You know, just for openers.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Who's more pathetic..?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The brave guy who throws himself into the machine of systemic corruption, or the guy in the stands taking potshots at him while sutffing his face with popcorn..?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

That list said the system is syphoning the people's money into the hands of the top 5%.

What's 5% of 315million.

You've been duped.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join