It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What sort of sicko did this to a defenceless animal :'(

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

What's particularly sickening, is the fact that these dogs will probably be only too trusting of humans. They will probably just treat this as playing around, until the firework explodes.

I really think that the culprits need to be kept away from any kind of civilised society. If anybody can go through with something like this, then they clearly lack the most basic of human emotions.

What's the point of ''rehabilitating'' people who clearly do not possess a full set of normal human mental functions ?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

What's particularly sickening, is the fact that these dogs will probably be only too trusting of humans. They will probably just treat this as playing around, until the firework explodes.

I really think that the culprits need to be kept away from any kind of civilised society. If anybody can go through with something like this, then they clearly lack the most basic of human emotions.

What's the point of ''rehabilitating'' people who clearly do not possess a full set of normal human mental functions ?

And due to Einsteins grades, he was a lost cause too. Perhaps society should've castrated him and locked him away for some obscure event during his childhood.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929

Originally posted by soldita
Buying them ice cream isn't love. That is self-righteous condescending charity. Real love and compassion is a lot more than your superficial idea of love as "reward". Love isn't a reward, you don't earn it. Love is given freely. It is not something to be "deserved". Love is given to those who do horrific things because everyone needs it or they flounder. (Coming from a Christian perspective, God first loved us so it is our duty to love others, to love everyone, including those who kill and hurt, but you do not have to a Christian to believe these things - they are universal human principles.)

Oh a christian with zero sense of reality, weird
edit on 18-11-2011 by soldita because: (no reason given)

Oh yeah, write me off because you are too afraid to do what's hard. Go ahead and continue advocating for children to be abused because they did bad things. Go ahead and continue fighting for the perpetuation of violence in the world. Because that is what you are doing. I don't care if you think I have a skewed sense of reality - I still haven't been shown the evidence of me having zero sense of reality, ie, the evidence that a prison system of retribution works to stop crime and violence. But I suppose you are alright with violence, and only care about your self-righteous revenge against "evil" in the world. My advice is to practice what you preach, if you want children to stop killing animals then figure out why they are killing animals and do what you can to prevent it instead of advocating for hurting them because you don't know how else to deal with the situation.

The posts on these threads are sickening me. I cannot, simply cannot believe that people are advocating for torturing this child. It's not alright to torture a dog, but it's okay to torture a human being? It's not alright to hurt animals, but it's alright to hurt children? Regardless of what he did, how can that be okay? How does that make this kid change his ways? It doesn't! It makes him hate you. All violence will ever do is breed hate. He will hate you for the rest of his life and use you as an excuse to harm others.

You're a Christian.

You obviously think that Humans are "special" and that there's a special place in another dimension where we will live happily ever after once we die.

Go ahead and keep defending these sick individuals who took the life of another living thing without mercy and did it out of joy and pleasure. That's the definition of a psychopath

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BioStatistic
That poor dog.
It's just a testament to how sick some people truly are. I think someone should hold that kid down, put the same firecracker in his mouth and let it go off.

Sometimes an eye for an eye seems like the way to go. Oh wait, "a face for a face".

You are wrong. Responding to violence with violence only breeds more violence. Violently reacting to this kid just gives him exactly what he wants, and since you have clearly never been this kind of kid, you don't understand why the negative attention and fear is what he wants. these kinds of kids need compassion and love, clearly his parents are not giving him positive attention and probably treat him badly or neglect him. The easiest way to prevent serial killers is to love them when they are young and give them love. Initially, they will react badly to it because they want to be hated so that they have an excuse to continue being who they are. They want people to have no hope in them so that they are not responsible for their actions and are not being expected to live up to anything better. This kid made a BIG mistake, but condemning him for it would just lead to him doing it more and more.

But since you are coming from a society of retribution over restoration, I see where you are coming from. But tell me, how many repeat offenders does America have? How much of our populace is in jail at any given time? How low is our crime rate? Is it working? Is condemning people and giving up on them stopping crime? No. It is not. Anyone can see that the US has an abysmal crime rate and an abysmal reoffend rate. Try having a little compassion and forgiveness (true compassion, true forgiveness, not self-righteous condescending charity) and you will find that "bad kids" respond in a beautiful, genuine way. You can stop serial killers tomorrow by loving them today. That is all I have to say.

I couldn't possibly like, let alone love, any person who is capable of committing a heinous act such as this. Not ever.

I don't even want to meet or know anyone like it either.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
I couldn't possibly like, let alone love, any person who is capable of committing a heinous act such as this. Not ever.

I hate to break it to ya, but chances are you do know people capable of this. Chances are you've loved someone who has done something similar. The thing is, most people grow out of torturing animals at a very young age and don't care to speak of it again.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

You're a Christian.

You obviously think that Humans are "special" and that there's a special place in another dimension where we will live happily ever after once we die.

Go ahead and keep defending these sick individuals who took the life of another living thing without mercy and did it out of joy and pleasure. That's the definition of a psychopath

I think life is special. I think that all life, humans as well as animals as well as plants and down to the smallest microbe, deserves respect and dignity. Which is why I think we need to change our attitudes towards criminals, for clearly writing them off as a "sick individual who took the life of another living thing without mercy and out of joy and pleasure" does nothing to respect both his life and the life of the others he may potentially harm in the future.

Unless you don't care if he harms others in the future, and you simply want your retribution for what he did now so that you can continue in YOUR life feeling self-righteous and moral and good for punishing evil, while he goes off, after being castrated or having his face blown off or whatever punishment you thought of, and decides to bring a gun to school and shoot his classmates, or becomes a serial killer. It's all about you trying to feel good about denouncing evil, but in the end, your self-righteous revenge simply breeds more evil. Practice what you preach. If you don't want him to kill anymore dogs or move on to bigger and better things, understand that punishing him lovingly (NOT leniently, softly, or rewardingly - punishing him in a way that cares for his growth as a good human being and that takes his future into account) is the only thing that will change him. Leniency and spoiling have no place in my definition of love. Helping him become healthy and a normal member of society? That is love and it's what he needs and doesn't have.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This really breaks my heart, so sad.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

And that's the problem. It's all about you. You don't care about the dog, you don't care about the other people this kid might hurt. All you care about is your own security and righteous life. You don't care about the dog, you care about the fact that you want to assure yourself that you are "good" and that you would never associate with people who are "bad".

If you actually cared about preventing heinous acts, you would change your attitude towards people who commit heinous acts. The end.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Totally in agreement with you

Whether it be child or adult who did this, there is something seriously messed up in their heads that I doubt anything can be done to help them. People are in danger with such sicko's walking the earth. Do us all a favour an euthanize them.

**And to those who defend such criminal acts - it may be a child's mouth they do this to next.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

They won't be rewarded, they don't deserve it.

Does the dog get another chance at living its life? It doesn't, because it was put down because of the actions of these psychopaths.

Do you really think that "healing" them will prevent them from doing this kind of thing in the future? This is some serious brain flaw that is going on and it won't be fixed with simple things like the ones you recommend.
edit on 11/18/2011 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

And that's the problem. It's all about you. You don't care about the dog, you don't care about the other people this kid might hurt. All you care about is your own security and righteous life. You don't care about the dog, you care about the fact that you want to assure yourself that you are "good" and that you would never associate with people who are "bad".

If you actually cared about preventing heinous acts, you would change your attitude towards people who commit heinous acts. The end.

I couldn't agree more. Well said. People are so quick to join the angry mob mentality. It's quite frightening, to be honest. When in doubt, just remember the golden rule. The cycle of violence has to end somewhere.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BioStatistic
That poor dog.
It's just a testament to how sick some people truly are. I think someone should hold that kid down, put the same firecracker in his mouth and let it go off.

Sometimes an eye for an eye seems like the way to go. Oh wait, "a face for a face".

You are wrong. Responding to violence with violence only breeds more violence...

But since you are coming from a society of retribution over restoration, I see where you are coming from. But tell me, how many repeat offenders does America have? How much of our populace is in jail at any given time? How low is our crime rate? Is it working? Is condemning people and giving up on them stopping crime? No. It is not. Anyone can see that the US has an abysmal crime rate and an abysmal reoffend rate. Try having a little compassion and forgiveness (true compassion, true forgiveness, not self-righteous condescending charity) and you will find that "bad kids" respond in a beautiful, genuine way. You can stop serial killers tomorrow by loving them today. That is all I have to say.

Lets say someone did that to your children or to you. Will you still love that person?

Repeat offenders in America and overpopulated jails you say? Well guess what. Its because we're using the same ideology you stand for which is love and forgive. You forgive these sick minded messed up people and give them a chance to live by putting them in jails with our tax money.

If you don't want any criminals anymore, give them and all DEATH SENTENCES. Then everyone else will think twice before committing a crime. Yes even stealing candy from the candy store should be served with the death sentence. That is all I have to say.
edit on 18-11-2011 by balon0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

I know that if someone killed or did something to hurt one of my family members, love is the LAST thing I would give them

I'd probably be going to jail for 25+ if I ever got my hands on them

link   
It's not nice to hurt any living creature and I feel sorry for the dog. But thousands of innocent children have suffered much more horrific mutilation and death at the hands of the armed forces occupying foreign countries. Why they can even do it now with drones and a joystick, from thousands of miles away. Oh but then it's OK I guess, it's just 'collateral damage'. Lets get our priorities in order. End all war NOW!

link   

Originally posted by Americanist

Save the soap opera drama... These are the same individuals that go on to target larger prey. Raping, torturing, and murdering an 82 year old elderly man for not having cash in his wallet.

Sure, evil begets evil, but one lesser degree of evil leaves good with more breathing room. Why don't you follow the history of Henry the VIII. Don't stop there... Kick it up a notch by researching the Roman Catholic Church.

Did you not read a word I said? Our system of retribution CREATES the children who grow up to do these horrible things! It is exactly because we respond in this way that things like this happen! It is because we do not offer love proactively to children so that they grow up in a nasty way that we react badly to them when they go on to commit worse crimes. Again, what is the reoffense rate of our juvenile justice system, or of our prison system in general? I challenge you to provide me evidence that shows how well our "eye for an eye" system of justice is working, and how "out of touch" I am with "the real world." Go on, do it.

In my experience, being a role model for a child, putting love into their lives and causing them to look up to you, and then expecting them to succeed, rather than fail, is how children grow up into healthy, functioning adults. Advocating putting a firecracker in the mouth of a ten year old does NOT.

Fortunately, I've not witnessed it firsthand though I've had a close friend relay some disturbing facts about her child (before the age of two). Yes, it does involve family pets. Self awareness isn't normally present until the age of 3-5, so extrinsic factors are presumably involved. Our Universe recycles, and not every soul will journey forward. There are detractors among us. It's fine, if you don't perceive them, but this is a facet of our reality. You're preaching the education and nurturing of children which ultimately amounts to sacrifice. I do my best to live and promote via sacrifice. However, there are times when owning the consequences of your deeds should result in punishment. We're here to build towards ascension not exploit and heinously expire defenseless creatures.

I've had to pop my dog on the butt quite a few times to keep her from eating feces. It's part of her nature to wanna jump in the back seat of cars too. I have to watch her around traffic since she was hit by a vehicle well before we even teamed up. I've also noticed she responds more to my aggressive body language over contemplating a brawl with other dogs. I'd rather her have a healthy respect of my authority than to get her face ripped apart. She can thank me in her next life!

Just goes to show you... Animals are animals regardless of species.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by spacekc929

They won't be rewarded, they don't deserve it.

Does the dog get another chance at living its life? It doesn't, because it was put down because of the actions of these psychopaths.

Do you really think that "healing" them will prevent them from doing this kind of thing in the future? This is some serious brain flaw that is going on and it won't be fixed with simple things like the ones you recommend.
edit on 11/18/2011 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

It's a lot simpler to write the kid off and allow him to kill other things because you are no longer involved than to actively attempt to change him. "Love" is not a simple thing, it is not an easy thing, it is not something that allows him to continue getting away with things like this. It is the knowledge in his mind that someone is there for him, he won't be abandoned, someone expects him to be better. Someone has hope in him. Have you ever had a time in your life where it felt like no one believed in you? That's how he feels. Believing that someone can be better and expecting it from them, and punishing them for not being the fullest human being that they can be, changes people more than hurting them does. If you hurt them, they pull away from you and there is no chance to positively influence them. If you love them, they will latch onto you, especially if there is no one else in the world who cares about them. From there, you can teach and educate and help that child learn why what they did was wrong and why it won't be accepted in the future.

My guess is his parents say things like "Boys will be boys" and then go on living their own lives, or worse, they actively abuse him without making it clear why what he did was wrong and why they won't tolerate it. Kids don't respond well to punishment if it's not clear what they are being punished for, or if the punishment is arbitrary or physical. They respond by lashing out and rebelling and not listening to you. It is a lot simpler to punish them incorrectly than to punish them correctly, which is the problem.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

Kids suffering all over the world is our own fault, because of our addiction to money and greed.

That doesn't justify abuse towards animals.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I am an animal lover through and through, and anyone who knows me personally will tell you that I am active in reporting animal cruelty, to the point where perpetrators have been charged, convicted and banned from keeping animals for ten years. So that's what I do to help animals in distress, and the 'humans' (I use the term extremely loosely indeed) who committed these acts didn't get a heavy enough sentence in my opinion. They should be in jail.

I repeatedly petition my MP to push for heavy jail sentences to these sadistic hellhole people.

So, what is it that YOU do to help these wonderful cruel kids you seem to have so much empathy for?

Get out of here.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

Fortunately, I've not witnessed it firsthand though I've had a close friend relay some disturbing facts about her child (before the age of two). Yes, it does involve family pets. Self awareness isn't normally present until the age of 3-5, so extrinsic factors are presumably involved. Our Universe recycles, and not every soul will journey forward. There are detractors among us. It's fine, if you don't perceive them, but this is a facet of our reality. You're preaching the education and nurturing of children which ultimately amounts to sacrifice. I do my best to live and promote via sacrifice. However, there are times when owning the consequences of your deeds should result in punishment. We're here to build towards ascension not exploit and heinously expire defenseless creatures.

I've had to pop my dog on the butt quite a few times to keep her from eating feces. It's part of her nature to wanna jump in the back seat of cars too. I have to watch her around traffic since she was hit by a vehicle well before we even teamed up. I've also noticed she responds more to my aggressive body language over contemplating a brawl with other dogs. I'd rather her have a healthy respect of my authority than to get her face ripped apart. She can thank me in her next life!

Just goes to show you... Animals are animals regardless of species.

Yes, punishment is definitely important. It's the way we punish and the reasons we punish that should be changed. We should be punishing in order to cause a change in the perpetrator, not punishing to feel like we have our nice revenge. Such as a child who disturbs their father who is watching the television. Yelling at the child for inconveniencing your life is useless, it makes it impossible for them to understand that there are degrees of things that deserve punishment or not, and it feels arbitrary. the only reason that the father yelled at the kid was because he wanted to watch television without being interrupted and it made him angry, so he took it out on her. but if he had given her a time out and then sat down and explained to her, "Dear, when you are watching a cartoon and I make noise, it bothers you too, doesn't it? I am feeling the same things you are," then she would have learned an important lesson about empathy. Instead, he yells, making her cry, making her confused ("what did I do wrong?" she hasn't gotten to the stage where it's easy to understand others feelings) and ultimately leading to her attempting to never interrupt him during the television again - but NOT teaching her not to interrupt people in general when they are doing other things. Educating her about the nature of interruption is infinitely more effective than making her afraid of interrupting her dad without realizing that she should probably try not to interrupt mom or brother or teacher also.

So yes, punishment is important, but we can't punish in an arbitrary or vengeful way, because that doesn't solve the problem or teach a child how to change their behavior in general. Punish to change, not to hurt.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
They should be forgiven for their mistakes

lol jk off with their heads

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join