It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow 6 Patriots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I found a very interesting article in GameInformer.com. I thought I would share this with everyone. I did not see a post specifically for this new game coming out.

www.gameinformer.com...

Here is a quick description of the role of this game:

-This new terrorist threat, called the True Patriots, hopes to restore its interpretation of American values by beheading corporate America and overthrowing the government. As a member of a new Team Rainbow cast, players must ask themselves how far they are willing to go to stop the militia.-

It's just a game (I know) but, I thought it was quite heavy in the indoctrination area. Especially where I'm sure a lot of impressionable kids will be playing this game. Your thoughts...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I read this article when i got my game informer earlier this month. I think it is kind of suspicious how they are going about it. talking about "terrorists" show up do what needs to be done and then disappear back into society. I also did not like that the game is going to have you make moral choices, such as, terrorist grabs an innocent bystander and uses him for a human shield Is it acceptable to shoot the hostage as long as it takes out the "terrorists"? I am honestly starting to think that they are desensitizing us to shooting fellow Americans....as long as the ends justify the means.....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
this is supposed to be a game??? sounds more like a plot for something nobody is going to like.....seems like game developers are going too far, with this one.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I also saw this in the actual magazine. I was hoping that the online article would go into the same detail as the magazine. I wish that I still had it to put on this post.

I have most of the COD's even tough i hardly played Black Ops. I really enjoyed BF2 and just started with BF3 with a little disappointment but still is a great game. I was noticing some more extreme desensitization in BF3 that surprised me for a game but this game just is going too far in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I too think it's going to far but is it really any different from Americans killing Russians, Chinese, N. Koreans, or etc. in all the other games? I think it's a touchy subject because it hits home.

It's just the beginning of another shock video game era. Remember when Mortal Kombat was considered extreme? Not really anymore.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
seems to me this game developer is (un?)knowingly heading into the psychological warfare realm...just my thoughts...but....this is serious #...teaching kids this stuff???? c'mon

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
First the enemies were demons on mars. Now everyone wants to kick the crap out of demons.
Then the enemies were aliens. We are now ready to blast those sons of bitches away.
Then they were Nazis. No need for explanation there.
Then the enemies were zombies. We are now prepared to shoot zombies on sight.
Then the enemies were aliens again. Now more of us are MORE than willing to blast aliens away.

Then, terrorists became the new fictional enemy. Problem is, you can tell demons, aliens, zombies and maybe Nazis when you see them. Terrorists, not so much, boogeymen. Anyone can be a terrorist and your trigger finger is ready.

Won't be playing this game and warping my fragile mind. I'll stick to shooting Russians and hopefully soon, dinosaurs in Battlefield 3.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, dinosaurs were the enemy in many games also. Ready to kill those guys also should the time arise....ever.
edit on 18-11-2011 by LeTan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
i'll stick to killing several cups of coffee, in the morning....then several beers in the evening....much safer....no harm done....nobody seems to know who the enema...ermmm...enemy is, anymore.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hey, it works for the rest of us...we just get to shoot Americans :p

Haha sorry guys, in all seriousness though I have next to no doubt that certain games are tools for particular purposes on select demographics, the problem is finding hard evidence.

I think I'll re-read the rainbow six book- absolute classic, love me some Tom Clancy!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The game has you shooting "terrorist" militia people who are in the midst of a rebellion, it seems pretty obvious to me what they're up to with this.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
is that legit?
HOPEFULLY this is just a game by a bunch of really open minded game developers with no ties to any real psychologically tested war sim bs.

honestly though, they are pointing all the fingers to a war in america. its like the new theme and I hope it doesnt catch on.
edit on 19-11-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

im a big tom clancy fan myself and it doesnt surprise me the game would go in this direction.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The company is probably just trying to cash in on the vibe in the us at the moment.

Personally I won't play it, although I'd be more tempted to if you could play as a "terrorist" against the us government.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Players also take the role of a True Patriot. Shifting perspective to give readers or viewers insight into motivations and beliefs of multiple sides of the story...

-

you'll understand better what it's like to be a terrorist, and you'll understand better what it's like to be a civilian in a terrorist event

- from gameinformer article

actually, this is probably going to be one of the better story lines yet for first person shooters. The developers are taking on a pretty controversial scenerio, which is most likely going to give the gamer an ethical twist in the story for the choices made.

They are making a point about why violent uprisings happen and the real life moral behind decision making in games, rather than the tactics of just shooting the enemy.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Nice. Can't wait to shoot those terrorists.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
i can hear it on the news, now: " my kid became a (fill in the blank) because (s)he played that damn game...now (s)he's dead! whoever made that game needs to suffer the same way my son/daughter did"

how long will it be, before we start hearing that one?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Here's a recent trailer for the game:

So video game players will soon understand that the "Occupy" movement is just waiting for a trigger to start behaving like these "true patriots" in the game, so it's perfectly justified to shoot them

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
If they want to do it right they'd make the morality ambiguous. Are you really doing the right thing? Does following orders justify those orders? Are the rebels really terrorists?

It could be pretty awesome like The Wire or better seasons of 24 but knowing Ubisofts history of ruining great things I doubt it will be much deeper than "super-cool tactical douche force stomping neo-Nazi rednecks."

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join