It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foregin language being spoken in sleep???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I know their has already been a thread similar to this one but i thought this was in need of its own topic as it has a bit of a different direction.

Last night i was awoken by an odd feeling i cant describe.
I look to my side and my girl friend was laying their completely motionless in sleep paralysis (i presume) trembling a little.
The time was 1:20 am
I was glancing at her when her head turned slightly towards me and started speaking this foreign language.
It was spoken in perfect dialect with pauses and emphasism and i am 100% sure it was not gibberish.
I Said what do you want and who are you (i think) but she continued speaking.
She continued to talk like this for about 2 minutes.
As soon as she finished it was like a snap and she opened her eyes in an instant fully widened looking me directly in the eyes.
This scared the absolute crap out of me, so i turned the light on. I asked her what were you just dreaming about and she said nothing...
I asked her again in the morning and she still said she was not dreaming anything or couldn't remember if she did, she had no idea of the whole incident.

Now the thing that i cant get my head around is.....what language it was.
I sort of sounded Arabic/Hebrew but was not the same, it had a lot of sounds i have never heard on this planet.
I am thinking the possibility of Sumerian as it sounds similar to Hebrew but more alien like..

I felt like it was an entity trying to contact me and i am having a hard time trying to get my head around this. It seemed as if she was possessed, or channeled someone by accident (presuming sleep paralysis would be the perfect time for channeling)

I have done a search and it has happened to a few people.
www.talkparanormal.com...
www.talkaboutsleep.com...
www.beyond-hearing-voices.com...

The whole Arabic language similarity seems to consistent.
What do you guys think of this?
Do you feel it was something trying to channel me? (i seem to have regular contact with other worldly entities)
Do you think it was purely something in her subconscious from a previous life?
Or maybe something else altogether?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

I was sleeping at my gf place a few weeks back.

Apparently I talked really fast in a language she didn't understand, and awoke a few times looking directly at her. I thought I was cool, wish I got a recording

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I mean, the next morning she told me and I thought it was cool. She said exactly "you speak in tongues while you sleep" apparently I stood up at some point too

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I have heard of many people that speak from past lifes. since we do have those

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

It's not so unusual as many people have had similar experiences to your's.. only most eople wave it aside as dreaming, or talking gibberish.. mental logic wins out every time instead of looking into the situation.

Most of those people I know of who have talked another language in their sleep are doing so from the perspective of the Soul they are... hence you will note the power in the voice no matter how quietly it may be spoken.

I have always considered that when we sleep we re-affirm our massive Soul connection with our limited Human awareness.. it helps us to feel better about being 'here'.

At this point in time many are being called to Awaken to their higher-self.. the thing that represents the Soul to ourselves. Problem there is our culture is not aligned with that purpose and so most see it as a waste of time and energy, or as a mental illness in anyone who seeks real exerience of their own Soul.... which is where the real Search must start so that you are never limited by the Belief-Systems of Religion or the New Age Industry.

Be Well

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dillon123

In my past life I was a very hard worker, never took a day off sick, always worked, worked, worked. It got me nowhere and I died poor and not old with almost no possessions. That's why I'm trying to work a little less and live a little more in this one.
Just in case I still die not old and with few possessions still.
OT As for speaking in tongues, I'm sorry to sound skeptical but could it not just be that you are mumbling as you are asleep?

Example
"Gemmuhnuvvabeer...packa rips" The foreign language
"Get me another beer...and a pack of crisps"

Just trying to explore all possibilities.

edit on 18/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by Dillon123

In my past life I was a very hard worker, never took a day off sick, always worked, worked, worked. It got me nowhere and I died poor and not old with almost no possessions. That's why I'm trying to work a little less and live a little more in this one.
Just in case I still die not old and with few possessions still.
OT As for speaking in tongues, I'm sorry to sound skeptical but could it not just be that you are mumbling as you are asleep?

Example
"Gemmuhnuvvabeer...packa rips" The foreign language
"Get me another beer...and a pack of crisps"

Just trying to explore all possibilities.

edit on 18/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

Nah defiantly not mumbling, she does that occasionally. But this was really eerie. So distinct and perfectly pronounced, real words were being spoken and it wasn't her voice. It almost sounded like a Demonic spell or something lol

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Yer, she has tried to wave it off as nothing. I tell her to her to look within but she is so damn stubborn!! Hopefully time will do the job!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
If it happens again, record it, make a file, upload it here and let us analyze the "language"

There are a few cases I've heard of where people have spoken languages they could not possibly know.

Intriguing.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Did she experience something tramatic recently?

I ask because I experienced something similar.

In '99 I was in the Marine Corp and was operating in Kosovo. On patrol one day, after pushing back some hardcore Serbian "police" we came across a large ditch filled with dead Albanians. Now, this site was not altogether a new thing for us in this area, but what I saw in the following minutes screwed me up bad (even to this day. I doubt I will ever get over it).

About 50 meters north of the bodies was a tree line, and from our vantage I could see what appeared to be some sort of burlap bag affixed to a tree and figuring it to be a marker of direction or even perhaps a range marker for mortars, we were reluctant to move forward. Ordered to continue, we moved on. As we approached the marker on the tree, I could start to make out what would become the one horrific image from all of the other piles of rotting death that I have not been able to shed from my mind since......

What was thought to be a marker, was actually the skin of a toddler. The Serbs had taken a child, skinned it, then stuck it to the side of this tree.

I can not tell you the emotional struggle that welled within me at that very time, but most notably was that I could no longer see color that day. Everything was in a very grainy, grey and white.

Anyway, for the next three nights, my buddies would wake me up to tell me that I was speaking in German, really fast.

This concerned me and after speaking with the Chaplain, it stopped. But he did say that this is actually very normal, even though difficult to explain or understand.

So, maybe talk to her and see if there is something 'underlining' that may have caused this.

And also, I wanted to give you guys more detail about that day in Kosovo to help paint the picture in more definition for you, but I am finding it difficult to type. I would just rather 'not go there'. But I was able to spit out enough for you (I hope) to understand what I meant by 'tramatic'.
edit on 19-11-2011 by azbowhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Unless you speak the language yourself how do you know she was actually making any sence at all?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by azbowhunter
Did she experience something tramatic recently?

I ask because I experienced something similar.

In '99 I was in the Marine Corp and was operating in Kosovo. On patrol one day, after pushing back some hardcore Serbian "police" we came across a large ditch filled with dead Albanians. Now, this site was not altogether a new thing for us in this area, but what I saw in the following minutes screwed me up bad (even to this day. I doubt I will ever get over it).

About 50 meters north of the bodies was a tree line, and from our vantage I could see what appeared to be some sort of burlap bag affixed to a tree and figuring it to be a marker of direction or even perhaps a range marker for mortars, we were reluctant to move forward. Ordered to continue, we moved on. As we approached the marker on the tree, I could start to make out what would become the one horrific image from all of the other piles of rotting death that I have not been able to shed from my mind since......

What was thought to be a marker, was actually the skin of a toddler. The Serbs had taken a child, skinned it, then stuck it to the side of this tree.

I can not tell you the emotional struggle that welled within me at that very time, but most notably was that I could no longer see color that day. Everything was in a very grainy, grey and white.

Anyway, for the next three nights, my buddies would wake me up to tell me that I was speaking in German, really fast.

This concerned me and after speaking with the Chaplain, it stopped. But he did say that this is actually very normal, even though difficult to explain or understand.

So, maybe talk to her and see if there is something 'underlining' that may have caused this.

And also, I wanted to give you guys more detail about that day in Kosovo to help paint the picture in more definition for you, but I am finding it difficult to type. I would just rather 'not go there'. But I was able to spit out enough for you (I hope) to understand what I meant by 'tramatic'.

Wow that sounds fair horrific! i am glad i haven't seen anything like that yet, you have painted a good enough picture to understand tho. She did seem quite distressed that day so maybe it did have something to do with it, although i have no idea what about.

And seeing everything grainy and black and white is caused by extreme stress and anxiety. (depersonalization) perhaps? I have experienced this before so i no the level of trauma you are talking about.
Sorry if this message made you feel uneasy.. thank you for your input tho

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Funshinez

She may have well been, But for something spoken so clearly, defined and assertive i don't buy it myself....
It had alot of of sorta "huccchhhh" emphasism like the Hebrew language and it wasn't in her voice?? it sounded male.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Ok been looking at Tibetan history and possession seems to be quite a normal thing. They say the human spirit is completely removed from the body and is replaced by a deity spirit, the voice has changed.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-11-2011 by hoonsince89 because: link error

top topics

join