It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Applications of Artificial Intelligence (MAAI) :

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
You know that's one of my favourites topic. I'm actually building a website with ressources about AI and cybernetics. Here's an interesting article about :

This elective introduces the study and application of artificial intelligence, and its application to military and strategic domains. It provides an executive level overview of various AI technologies including knowledge-based systems, neural networks, genetic algorithms, intelligent agents, and natural language processing. Students will learn the applicability of each technology, and will be able to determine if AI technologies are appropriate for specific problems. Student research projects will expose students to AI research for center of gravity determination. The elective is presented through a combination of readings, lectures, class discussions, and research. Assigned readings support upcoming topics. Out-of-class project work is conducted in a series of scheduled lab periods. Through class and lab work, students and instructors will collaborate on an ongoing research project called Disciple-COG. The goal of the Disciple-COG project is to build an intelligent agent for analyzing and determining strategic and operational centers of gravity. Students will adapt case studies in center of gravity determination to teach an intelligent agent to reason about the same. Most sessions will draw on the Disciple-COG research to present the AI topic at hand.

carlisle-www.army.mil...

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
A.I. could become another central hub for Force XXI and the digitization of the U.S. Army.

What would be better than to have a superb A.I. controlling battlefield actions, something humans have been prone to screw up every time?

new topics

join