It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actor Robert Wagner Not a Suspect in Natalie Wood's Death

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I still recall this case at the time it happened. Those two were among my favorite Hollywood couples. I never suspected Robert Wagner for a second, they were hot those two!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
If Wagner is not a suspect, then that leaves Walken and the captain of the vessel. That is unless there were un named parties aboard the craft thirty years ago that NO ONE is talking about. Saying that Wagner is not a suspect means, as far as we can tell either one of the other two parties as responsible. There cannot be another explanation.

Of course, if Wagner DID do it, the police might be trying to trick him into relaxing a bit before pouncing on him .

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I remember this well, surprised it's opened up again. Always thought Wagner had a part in it.

You kids won't remember this question...
What kind of wood doesn't float?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
The key (new info) is that Wagner used his influence to keep the Captain from searching for Natalie as well as delaying him from contacting authorities for several hours - that delay may have resulted in her death. That itself could result in problems for either men. Likely the Sheriff is examining adjusted timelines, perhaps.

Likely Wagner is the only one who knows all the details, so the truth may never be told. Then again after seeing how close the state rooms are together the Captain or Walken may know precisely what occurred. Perhaps the Captain no longer feels the obligation to protect his former client or money (guilt?) is more important at this point in his life than any prior understanding between himself and Wagner.
edit on 19-11-2011 by verylowfrequency because: Just say what again

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
After seeing this thread I got curious and googled some articles, all recent, about this case. They all mention Wagner's account of the incident and now the captain's new account, but nothing from Walken. Did he ever give an account that was made public? And if so, did it match up with Wagner's?

I did read in Wiki, about Natalie's kids, that Wagner forbid them any contact with Natalie Wood's family. Her daughters, even the one that was biologically that of Natalie's former husband, did not even attend the funeral of their maternal grandmother. I find that rather strange and very cold. I suppose it was all because Lana Wood was always publicly voicing her suspicions all these years. I do remember this case from my teens and thought then that it was no accident. It sounded strange then and still sounds strange. But with Walken never dissenting, and this captain keeping silent until his book came out, what were authorities to go on?

The bruises? I always thought corpses pulled out of the ocean usually were pretty battered anyway. Were they able to establish that she got them while still alive?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

The latest account I read from Walken was he refutes that he was fighting with Wagner and claims he was in his stateroom at the time of Natalie's disappearance. I'll continue later.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Thanks. I did find an AP clip on Google that states Walken denied the fight in one interview on Good Morning America in 1982, but a Vanity Fair Article From 2000 that contains pieces of official reports show he told investigators there had been an argument. With a contradiction that obvious, he apparently lied at some point. He was either lying to GMA or to the investigators.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

From the Good Morning America 1982

But in a 1982 interview on "Good Morning America," Walken insisted he did not quarrel with Wagner.

"No, that's not true," Walken said when asked if a fight was the reason Wood left the yacht. "They were very good to me, that family, and that's not true.

"We were having a Thanksgiving weekend, a good time," he said.

edit on 19-11-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Does that mean Christopher Walken is a suspect?

Well the police very quickly said at the end of the video that he is not a suspect but apparently Dennis Davern the captain is still claiming Wagner was the cause.

edit on 18-11-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

This is just a theory on my part...(speculation)...but I think Dennis Davern (doth protest too much). They were all on the boat...Wood, Wagner, Walken and Davern. The boat was anchored.....it was late...they had been drinking...earlier there was a dissagreement.....Walken and Wagner were away from Natalie for a time...perhaps Davern had a major lust for Natalie...she was drunk...he made advances upon her....she rejected him....he threw her overboard....then it was deemed ...an accident. Now that the case is reopened....he is panicking...and pointing the finger..at everyone else.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
ATS THREAD: Authorities reopen probe into Natalie Wood's 1981 drowning death

Since the police have ruled out Wagner? I'm calling this a stunt to sell books.

Dennis Davern, the former captain of the yacht Splendour broke his long silence with a detailed account in "Goodbye Natalie, Goodbye Splendour," a book he wrote with his friend Marti Rulli. It was published in September 2009.

peace
edit on 19-11-2011 by silo13 because: link fix

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Whats intriguing about this case is that there are so many possibilities as to what happened.

- She could have slipped.
- She could have committed suicide.
- She could have tried to leave in the smaller boat and then fell overboard and drowned.
- Robert could have made her leave in the smaller boat and then she fell in.
- Robert could have pushed her in the water.
- Robert could have killed her and dumped her in the water.

The chances of her trying to leave in the tiny boat are small because she was afraid of the water, unless she was afraid for her life or being beaten at that point. The way i see it , it would have been hard for her to fall in the water and Robert not have seen it happen.

edit on 18-11-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

As you said, there many possibilities...

What about Christopher Walken..? Maybe RW and CW did it together and was there a plan with some motive long before they made the boat trip.

If murdered, who does benifit the most.....or a little? Why, after 30 years received the police enough evidence to investigate further? Did the coroner do his job well.....are there earlier complaints about the coroner?

There are so many possibilities and it is most likely that CW also knows exactly what happened with Natalie.
A high profile accident/ murder with many interests at stake...Did RW have a history of violence and what about the other people on board?

It is alltogether strange that RW would like to have fun with the man his wife is after...or all ready have been f"&*(k(ng. Same thing with NW and CW....such a happy time on a controlled space is not something to look forward to. The fact that RW needed to be on that boat with these people could also mean something.

It could ofcourse be an unfortunate accident which could easily be mistaken for faul play.....just like what happened to the wifes of William Shatner.

Anyways...I always considered Natalie Wood a very exceptional beautiful woman and I hope justice will be served.

RIP Natalie.
edit on 19/11/2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
We all know, If you're rich and powerful enough... you can get away with murder.
edit on 19/11/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Infidelity: real or imagined plus Alcohol (excess) was at the heart of the matter. Natalie could also be a bitch and may have insulted RJs manhood during an argument about her costar and boat guest Chris Walken. I think he pushed her and she fell overboard...the fact that he told the boat captain to not turn on the searchlight to look for her is pretty damning....even if he didnt intend to push her overboard (he might have simply pushed her down and she tripped over the side). RJ needs to come clean about everything that happened (including leading up to it).
edit on 19-11-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I want to know what evidence suddenly pops up after 30 years.

The captain admitted lying to police in an interview on msnbc... for reasons unknown. There's also a book Marti Rulli is trying to promote... after collaborating with the captain. You figure it out.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
semantics

they should at least look into it some before naming a suspect

he will face many questions I'm sure

I just hope they let natalie rest in peace

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Ha Ha Ha Ha---I suspected for many years as others did that RW was guilty,the internet is cleaning up the world isnt it?There really is no place to hide,if you peek out from under your rock even for a second you will be dealt with and justice for humanity will prevail.

We all suspected this guy,its about time the truth was told,funny thing is that all the money in the world wont protect anyone from the internet,and this is what has happened to Robert Wagner,the net is cooking his arse,and luckily before the pric% dies!!!

I have been happily watching politicians,business leaders,religous leaders,and other evil dudes being tracked down mercilessly by the internet,there really is nowhere to go today,we will be our own judges,the people will judge the people above and beyond money,power or religon,we WILL AND ARE BEING JUDGED BY OUR PEERS.

The internet solver President kennedys assasination in a couple of years,the media just hasnt chosen to run with it yet,all it took was for the AVERAGE MAN AND WOMAN to have acess to the INFORMATION,the rest is natural human justice,we are all born with a perfect sense of justice we dont need writtenlaws to know right from wrong,laws are just designed to set penaltys not solve problems or stop crime,stopping crime means stopping forgiveness which means stopping religons.

HOWEVER----enter the internet,humanitys future.There is nowhere to hide,if you are a priest who used his power to abuse little boys--even god cant help you now---if you are an immoral businessman -there is noplace to hide when you are outed--if you are a crooked politician--there is nowhere to hide your crooked deeds.

If you even cheat on your spouse or park your car illegally the internet can easily out you.

Robert Wagner ,humanity is noticing you now,how does it feel,how does it feel to know the power of the people through the internet,to know that THERE IS NOWHERE ON THE PLANET THAT YOU CAN HIDE FROM HUMANITARIAN JUSTICE--there are no more rocks left to hide under.

Our laws were created by input from religons and contain redundancys designed to support the churches future exixtance by supporting the concept of divine forgiveness and thereby supporting the continued existance of murderers and rapists and pedophiles in our world,of all entities religons SHOULD HAVE DONE THE OPPOSITE IN THE SEARCH FOR GOOD.

It is easy to see how we were all duped,when and where the ideals and future needs of religon and governemt signed a dirty dark treaty,and how the voices of the people were silenced by the withholding of knowledge from the masses.

There is a new future at hand and it cannot be stopped,Killing one man will not stop it,killing one thousand men will not stop it,killing one million men will not stop it,humanity is reclaiming their future anfd control of their present from the powers and entities that have wrestled it away from us.In fact killing anyone just draws more attention to you and hastens your demise today--the old ruses dont work,trying to delay by eliminating one voice just attracts many more eyes when that voice is silenced.And more eyes are connected to more minds and quicker justice.

OJ was as guilty as this guy and we all already "feel'this,we are not wrong,laws will not take away the "feeling"that he is guilty,and his ability to remain unpunished is a black-eye for humanity,not the American justice system.

There is a bigger player in the game now and that player is humanity via the internet,the game is over now,its just a matter of singleing out the targets and grinding them down one by one.People know this now and are taking the actions they entrusted their religons and governments to take many hundreds of years ago.

I see the look in Robert Wagners eyes in the media,I can see his guilt,I can see his fear and his look of frustration because he cant seem to understand who to blame or pay off,because there is nobody to pay off this time and he can blame himself because he is ultimately accountable for his actions TO HUMANITY ---NOT TO THE LEGAL SYSTEM AND SOCIETAL SYSTEM HE CAN PAY-OFF TO REMAIN UNPUNISHED.

I hope people get this,there is already a global court of accountability and you cannot bribe it,it is called the internet and there is no way to avoid its scrutiny,or its power,because it is the scrutiny and the eyes OF THE PEOPLE.

edit on 19-11-2011 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Crimes that are considered exceptionally heinous by society have no statute of limitations. As a rule, there is no statute of limitations for murder, especially capital or first-degree murder.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReeceIkyle
reply to post by brindle

Crimes that are considered exceptionally heinous by society have no statute of limitations. As a rule, there is no statute of limitations for murder, especially capital or first-degree murder.

You are correct.There is no statue of limitations for murder.But pushing somebody into water isnt murder,it is negligent homicide,which would be the charge.Once again,the staue of limitations has run out on that particular crime.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Personally I doubt there's any fresh evidence in this case, but I disagree with you on the murder issue. But it matters not this is just a publicity stunt by the captain who will gain some cash from this while wasting police time and adding more hurt to her family.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

*laughs* I had that thought too, who is coming out with the Lifetime movie?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join