It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Equipment World's article on Ethanol and EPA's push to E15 - Not so good for your equipment, but g

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Ethanol is bad for engines, a big tax subsidy for corporations and bad for the environment. so why does the EPA want to make us use more of it

www.equipmentworld.com...

If you didn't already know. Ethanol is bad. And surprise surprise it doesn't matter to those making the profit.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vardoger

Ethanol is bad for engines, a big tax subsidy for corporations and bad for the environment. so why does the EPA want to make us use more of it

www.equipmentworld.com...

If you didn't already know. Ethanol is bad. And surprise surprise it doesn't matter to those making the profit.

It is critical that a fuel is touted as the savior of the environment while in reality it destroys all materials that use it. This is critical because the worlds economies are based on consumption, replacing broken things, the manufacturing of those things. If machines lasted for 30 years the companies making those machines would be bankrupt. Cure - hail the miracle alcohol fuel. One of the most corrosive available lacking any lubricating properties.
edit on 18-11-2011 by tkwasny because: typo fix

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
You are sooooo right. Don't get me started on the Ethanol scam.

I'll leave a star for the sentiment, but can't flag without more content from you. Peace.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Oh don't worry about star and flagging, I could care less, I just don't see the point of repeating what's in the article. Just wanted to show the latest article. (although it is sometimes flattering to see stars next to a post)

Yes, I know full well about the manufacturing of replacement parts. I my self am in the manufacturing business and I try to design equipment that will last. However it is very true that the only place to truly make your profit is in replacement/consumable parts.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

Since the German automobile industrie warned that E10 ethanol fuels are bad for engines almost no one over here wants to buy the stuff, even though its a little cheaper due to subsedies.

And of course the so-called "renewable bio-fuels" are a scam.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
You're right. I'm not sure most folk are aware of the Ethanol scam and I do appreciate the info. Good article.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It doesn't hurt the engine itself. It's caustic and can wreck rubber hoses that aren't made out of the right stuff. I had a flexfuel vehicle for awhile. I never used the E85 because it wasn't available in my area. It also has less energy so your mpg is a bit lower.

As for small engine shops, I'm sur ethey do hate it, but that's the fault of the user. People who leave their small emgines sitting with gas all winter are asking for trouble. Every manual says don't do it, but people do anyway. You're supposed to drain those tanks and run them dry. At the very least put a gas treatment in them like Stabil which is designed expressly to grab that moisure.

I'm not saying this as some sort of know-it-all. I learned by experience. I've messed up my chain saw and a leaf blower just because of this. I must be a slow learner.

From a resource use point of view I absolutely agree that it just raises the cost of corn that could be used for food.

new topics

top topics

join