It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Recently there was a thread on how we are only 10% Human and 90% microbes, but doesn't this mean those microbes are Human? That the whole one hundred percent is the total makeup of one man?

Well, I started to wonder of the planet Earth we call our home. Everything engulfed by the very atmosphere, is built of Earth. Wether we like it or not, we were born of earth and what we were made of will always be somewhere on Earth. That is of course until the earth is no more.

Which got me to thinking, we are the Earth's microbes. We are individual to the planet but we are part of that 100%. If one of us was to fly into space, Earth would fail to be whole. Does this mean as part of Earth, as a whole we are Earth? Would that make Earth a smart planet? A conscious planet?

One day Earth will die, of that there is no doubt. But if we Humans can strive to inhabit other planets and travel throughout space, how amazing would it be not to imagine, but to know Earth will never die out. A part if but only a small percentage will escape and live on maybe for eternity.

Maybe the dream of the afterlife, was a dream of earth living on after the planet ceases to exist, and as Humans, being part of earth I suppose life after death does exist.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Very interesting.

But what if this planet is not the original home of the microbes that would eventually become us? What if this Earth is just the continuation of another planet deep in the cosmos and due to its destruction the building blocks of that planet ended up on the molten wasteland that would eventually become our new home. What if Humans ARE the only intelligent species to evolve and we systematically keep appearing across the universe? A process of death and resurrection if you will.

Interesting theories albeit far into the sci fi realm.

And on that note I will quote the scrolls of Pythia "All this has happened before. And all this will happen again".
edit on 18-11-2011 by Openeye because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

Wow, wouldn't that be amazing? The only intelligent life in the universe? But due to natural selection and evolution, if we ever met our brethren we probably wouldn't even recognise them as Human.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Probably not, but their DNA may be incredibly similar to ours which would give us our first hint.

I have always thought that life may have been seeded on this planet and many others. Maybe aeon old humans were amazingly technologically advanced and explored the galaxy and found no other intelligent life but abundance of other forms of life. And then over a period of time while facing extinction they decided to perserve the race by seeding the many planets with their DNA and the DNA of lesser lifeforms. Possibly even terraforming certain planets to be more suitable for life and possibly even new unique life.

Wait...I think that's the plot of Halo...oh wait no its the plot of many sci fi films and the like

As fantastical as it may seem. I think there is a little room for the theory.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

From what I''ve heard the alien greys have stolen our DNA and have already seeded at least one other world with the crossbreed offspring, so that may already be happening.. just not chosen by us, which I'm not sure is ethical.

top topics

join