It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The immortals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
So I went and seen this a few days ago.

All I can say is brutal. Its basically Greek mythology if it were twilight. Homo erotic costumes. Broken and predictable story line. Off track with conventional Greek mythology. And of course terrible acting.

The only thing cool thing about the show is how much of a bad ass Micky Rourke was.

Don't spend a cent on this film.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I wanna see it just so I can check out what henry cavill's like, been following the new superman (big superman geek here) cant wait to see it...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

I saw it too. Awful.
The real Theseus story is a great one. There's a reason it is still told. Why take a classic story and then take out all the good parts and insert terrible characters and plotlines?
I don't get it.

Wast of $9. But then again, it's my own fault. I should have known better.

1 plus: Got to see the Avengers trailer on the big screen

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Cheers for that sounds great, a bit more review would have been helpful lmfao

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Damn I really wanted to see this aswell.

These days the trailers are better than the movies themselves.

Shame, look's good from the trailer.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
same people who did "300" and that while telling a story well known, was pretty cool.

I will be watching immortals at some piont but since your heads up, i think i will wait for a dvd rental

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I'm just curious if you liked the movie "300" or not because it seems to be the same sort of camera work in this one. I absolutely loved 300 and am really looking forward to seeing this one. This is definitely my kind of movie.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I personally hated 300, one of the most boring movies I've ever subjected myself to but I wouldn't see Immortals.

Weird though, it hit the number 1 spot on both sides of the Atlantic but every review it had said it was terrible so no clue why people would see something that looked bad in the trailers.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

I personally hated 300, one of the most boring movies I've ever subjected myself to

That you personally didn't like 300 is fine, it's not everyones cup of tea.

That it's boring, there you're wrong. There's plenty of action throughout the movie, have you seen it properly?

I enjoyed 300, it's not my favourite type of movie but can't say it was boring.

There's arms, legs, heads flying about everywhere. There's a war between 300 Spartans and thousands of Persians.

I never found that 300 was boring. My mate who watched it with me didn't like it, but only because he doesn't like comic-book movies, he didn't like Sin City for example.

For me to find a movie boring, it has to be really really bad.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Why am I not surprised?

Since 300 they have tried to copy it and each time is an epic fail. Honestly, I don't think they make movies anymore in hollywood. I think they make expensive subliminal messages.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I really liked 300. But 300 had better costumes and the actors actually appeared as though they could fight in war.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Dnt listen to these go see it for your self £11 is not much money!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Apart from looking pretty, Immortals was complete garbage. Basically, Clash of the Titans in 300's visual style.
edit on 12-12-2011 by fallethix because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join