It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light Created from a Vacuum

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
I mean, the idea that the universe "created itself".. I can't grasp it.

Kinda like this....

put a whole bunch of oxygen and hydrogen atoms into a big jar... mix in just a very tiny amount of energy and you have a big bang... and lo and behold... there is water....

Simplified I know... but surely you get the drift?

Oh I get that much.

What I don't get is where the original matter/energy/stuff came from that allowed that process to happen.

Ultimately it all comes down to something appearing from nothing. Creatio ex nihlo.

Regardless of what theory/hypothesis you follow, something had to come from nothing. You can always keep going back. Infinite regression.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

That is funny lol. You just saying that the stuff had to have always been there to begin with. and
it boggles the mind

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Tesla was to burn Nitrogen to energize the Tower.
The Tower was an over unity device.
That is why it came down so fast.
Tesla has un patented drawings for power from air devices so JP Morgan
could not claim ownership.
Burning air is mentioned on the Tesla tower prospectus.

The fine matter can not be totally excluded in any vacuum
so the light is no mystery except for those not following
the science of Tesla and his lighting up the fine matter since
ED: Tesla burning of air, Nitrogen, is a free energy source.
I'm sure some smart 1% clued in JP Morgan.
Tesla said he would do it and got him banned from investment.
Guess the 1% are the believers. Also owners of his flying machine.

edit on 11/20/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/20/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

How could "Tesla's ideas were(be) crushed" when they are alive and well 24/7 with
the operations of the Tesla ship by the 1%.
Tesla was banned from finance except for Germany where the 1% money flowed
to capture the latest scientific developments and still own them from A bombs
to rocket engines.
We should be thankful the 1% can't find anything more than what Tesla found.
Finding the Gold owned by the US (part of the 99%) is more difficult.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
I mean, the idea that the universe "created itself".. I can't grasp it.

put a whole bunch of oxygen and hydrogen atoms into a big jar... mix in just a very tiny amount of energy and you have a big bang... and lo and behold... there is water....

How can something create itself. That's nonsense. The existence of something cannot be contingent on itself. If it had to wait for itself to exist before it could exist, it would never exist.

Either something's existence is contingent upon a cause outside itself, or it had no beginning.
edit on 18-11-2011 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

Easily the most logical statement on this thread.

Why is is so hard for the human species to accept the fact that, just maybe, everything ALWAYS existed? We are so used to boundaries. We are born from (pre existing) parents. We live for a finite amount of time. We are bound to our planet because we lack the technology to get ourselves off this rock. Our planet rotates once every 24 (or so) hours. We orbit the Sun every 365 (or so) days.

In short, ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING humans do has a beginning and an end.

Can you fathom something that has no beginning and no end? If you can, please explain to me why, without the " human" boundaries that we live by.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
There's nothing new under the sun here... It's been known for a long time in quantum sciences that under certain conditions particles pop in and out of existence. They are called virtual particles because their life span is so short, but there's really nothing virtual about them; they are real and they are truly popping into existence from nothing and popping out into nothing. Just because the average human being cannot wrap their head around such behaviour, doesn't mean it can't be true or that it's special in any way.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
nice. I would love to do that experiment. I wonder how much of the tax payers dollars went to the scientists in grant money to have stuff appear then disappear in the blink of an eye.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I am just wondering with my ever curious mind. If they created light from vacuum, would it be possible to create vacuum from light? Shine a light on your vacuum cleaner for cheap and efficient cleaning!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
C'mon, the only real scientists are on Ancient Aliens! haha, I kid, I kid!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This is excellent news...

...nothing is impossible in this Universe...except for the state of nothingness itself.

I just love the double paradox in which we find ourselves..the miracle of a physical universe followed by the miracle of life within that universe...kinda makes me more confident that life after death...is probable, given that we are twice past impossible.

Cosmic..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Faster-than-light neutrino result queried

www.bbc.co.uk...

Subatomic particles called neutrinos cannot move faster than the speed of light, according to a new report.

The findings challenge a result reported in September that, if true, would undermine a century of physics.

The team at the INFN-Gran Sasso laboratory in Italy said they had measured faster-than-light speeds in neutrinos sent from Cern, 730km away.

Now a different team at the same lab reports findings that, they say, cast doubt on that surprising result.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
But it wasnt created from a vacuum.....THE SCIENTISTS BEGAN IT'S LIFE....SEE???

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
But it wasnt created from a vacuum.....THE SCIENTISTS BEGAN IT'S LIFE....SEE???

I see how they are trying to prove that there was an initial event like Big Bang. Before which there was NOTHING
However, they haven't reached that moment yet, they got stuck somewhere at 10 on −37 seconds from zero ground

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
That's very interesting. is there a link to that info? I feel my point is valid, the scientists began the life in the actual vacuum.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
That's very interesting. is there a link to that info? I feel my point is valid, the scientists began the life in the actual vacuum.

Big Bang on Wikipedia.

The problem here, imho, is that science is ruled by certain logic, and they don't dare break from it. They are ideologically limited.

Of course, there are those who do leave the cage, but then it is not "official". Go figure...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
If scientists can compell particles from other places into ours, who knows what might be possible.

Including how to 'dissapear' matter from ours perhaps, think toxic or nuclear wastes

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

This isn't a process that can be run backwards.

The experimenters are observing particles that the universe, itself, creates from nothing. We have no control over the 'appearing' process, and we certainly have no option of making things disappear.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

not yet.

This is the start of understanding how transient particles behave, once we start to understand where they go or how they might cheat energy/matter rules in our observable universe, we might understand how to change or alter everything to our choosing.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

This is the start of understanding how transient particles behave, once we start to understand where they go or how they might cheat energy/matter rules in our observable universe, we might understand how to change or alter everything to our choosing.

We know exactly how this happens. Virtual particles don't cheat any energy/matter laws. They exist because of one of the most significant laws in physics.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So what "scientist" began life in this vacuum/ univerese?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join