This Twilight thing really boggles my mind....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yesterday, I went on my lunch to get tickets for the midnight showing, for my wife, and a friend. A whole group of them are going to see it right when it's out.

The local theater has 16 theaters, all showing the movie at 12:01am.

I was there around noon, and already, over half of them were sold out! Insane!

My wife got me to watch the first one, on DVD, and I was bored out of my skull...I just don't get the attraction with these films...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
You don't get it?........really?

That's a good thing I think...lol

If I pursued a girl a 1/10th my age, broke into her house and watched her sleep I would be a pedophile stalker.

When a "vampire" does it it is considered "romantic".

I think the the people who obsess about them are........ well, lets just say their level is about a half a bubble off.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
My daughters dragged me to see the first one, then the second, third and I imagine I will be going this weekend to see the new one. I saw teen girls, their mothers and men over 50 there, that's it! I'm sure they were there because of the ladies, not because they enjoy Twilight!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Girls love it because the lead girls personality is just vague enough they can project their personality onto the lead. It's all about the fantasy of the hottest boys fighting over them...''O it's not the populat boy isn't interested...he just can't resist killing you but he secretly loves you so much'' The whole thing is an insult to harlequin and horror genres alike.....and I'm a woman and can see through this

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
I think the the people who obsess about them are........ well, lets just say their level is about a half a bubble off.

You realize you just insulted his wife, don't you?

On topic, my teenaged daughter loves these movies and actually owns the ones out on DVD. Yeah, I can see how teenaged girls would love them and yes, I go to them with her, but I think that they are over the top with all the serious gushyness (lol how you like THAT word?) in them, I mean, really, do these characters never just have fun?? But that's what 14 year old girls like...

For the record, I'm an adult female and I hope I didn't just insult Gazrok's wife.

edit on 18/11/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It's bella. She's a dumb undecisive girl whos in love with every guy she see's that shows her any sort of attention.

Pretty sure every girl can relate to it

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
chavs and thugs glorfied on media or vampies, since vampies dont exist i think is a good move for youth viewing.

id rather deal with emo kids with vampire delusions than street thugs stabbing me for my wallet.

also its trash but thats just my opinion

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It is not only the Twilight movies, it's vampire movies in general. There is a series on TV called Vampire Diaries that is just as addictive.

Not sure I can speak for all women here, but for me and my teenage girls, it's the good looking guys who are just so darn seductive. Maybe it's because it's "evil" and "evil" is seductive. Like we know it's off limits, but can't we just sample it?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudwatcher

ultimate bad boy? not only looks bad and act bad but is insatiably romantic and seductive.

Maybe men do bad things in the real world because chicks dig it

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I find it quite funny. I read the first book, the book was horrible, yet I was oddly drawn to it. Thankfully I was able to shake it off and due to some things that really concerned me. Then I realized why I was truly drawn to it, it really a comedy not a love story. The book is so terrible it's funny.

I am sure the movies would provide endless amounts of humor as well, I just haven't been able to muster up the desire to see them.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
reply to post by cloudwatcher

ultimate bad boy? not only looks bad and act bad but is insatiably romantic and seductive.

Maybe men do bad things in the real world because chicks dig it

Hmmm. Not sure we dig it, but most assuredly, many of us females have what is known as the "Bad Boy Syndrome." I am particularly guilty there.

Rebellion. We want to fix you guys!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I liked the books when they came out, saw the first two movies, but I waited a couple weeks after they came out, and I liked them then.. It has since worn off and I no longer have the same excitment over it like I used to. I think it was something about that Vampire/human baby eatting her insides that turned me off. LoL. I will wait to see it on DVD and watch it in the quiet and non judgmental comfort of my own home.

You could say the same thing about dudes that line up 8 hours before the release of a video game. They are just as giddy, and hardcore as those girls and women are about the Twilight movies.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Neither do i. I can go into a long rant about how vampires don't spakle, or "date", or have babies, or hang out with warewolves, or are in high school... Or at the very least, express my hatred towards this series, and how it clearly insults the historical romanticism of said vampires / nosferatu.

Plus, the writing is TERRIBLE. I'll spend my money on Puss in Boots.

imho
edit on 18-11-2011 by nopeitwasntme because: because because

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Have to say, though I am male, I still have enjoyed all of them so far, and can't wait to see the new one!

I don't really get on with the girl who plays Bella, think she is stiff and boring, but I still find myself hooked into the story somehow.

edit on 18-11-2011 by valiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
You don't get it?........really?

That's a good thing I think...lol

If I pursued a girl a 1/10th my age, broke into her house and watched her sleep I would be a pedophile stalker.

When a "vampire" does it it is considered "romantic".

You speak truth. I feel like hollywood no longer makes films, it makes expensive subliminal messages.

But, the girl who is the main character in the movie is SMOKING. Saw her one a talk show the other day and she had me drooling. Its too bad that many of these actresses dont see hollywood for what it is. They are just trying to prusue their dream of acting or the alimighty dollar.

Well, some actors get it. But media hasnt made them out to be nutcases.
edit on 18-11-2011 by ImmortalThought because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

Oddly enough, in the new television show "American Horror Story," they portray a woman who is pregnant with a demon. Not sure if it is eating her insides, but I wouldnt doubt if that is what happens in the next episode. All these stories are similar. Either hollywood is running out of ideas OR or orrrr, they are trying to tell us something...

we call children, kids. young goats are also referred to as kids. the goat is an occult symbol for the anti-christ. weirdd

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Hi Gazrok. Not sure who to attribute this following quote to. I've seen it quoted and attributed to Steven Spielberg, and some other people. Enjoy:

"Harry Potter is all about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity …. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend."
edit on 18-11-2011 by ILikeStars because: remove bb codes that did not work.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I have never once watched any of these Twilight movies. They just don't look relevant to my interests.

edit on 18-11-2011 by ILikeStars because:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

hahaha I wouldn't even bother wasting my money to see it at the cinema especially as I just read the feedback on the latest movie....

they said "it was bloated and anaemic"

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Here's a perfect explanation for why this drivel is so popular:

And for those who can't stand the torture of sitting through the movies but, want to know what they're about, just to make your woman think your sensitive or some crap like that here's a version ov the movie even guys may be able to stomach (just barely):

And here's the 2nd movie:

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join