It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyrim - Bugged Quests!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Experienced any glitches or bugged quests that you cannot finish? Lets start a list so others can know what to expect or avoid to save us all time and energy.

My first bugged quest that I cannot finish is the Forsworn Conspiracy. I get to the end of the quest and nothing happens, the AI will not activate to end the quest. I don't want to post spoilers for anyone so i'll just say that much.

Thanks in advance to any posters, I wasted 2 hours trying to get that quest to work last night and hopefully with some help I can avoid other glitched quests untill the next patch.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

X360 or PS3?

I hear the PS3 version is suffering from severe framerate issues.
edit on 18-11-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I've actually run into one as well, where I'm searching for three parts to a sword and one of the possessors fails to spawn.

Good news is, bethesda is releasing updates and fixes the week after thanksgiving.

twitter.com...#!/DCDeacon/status/137634356184363009

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

X360 or PS3?

I hear the PS3 version is suffering from severe framerate issues.
edit on 18-11-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

PC version.

I have looked on the Skyrim forums and the PS3 is having a very hard time. A large number of PS3 people cannot even play the game, nevermind glitches.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
On the PS3 the framerate issues are linked to the game storing temp files. I.E. the longer you play in any given session, the more data the game tries to store in the RAM. The more RAM used for that the less can be used for the games engine. I think there is a fix on the way for that.

On the bugged quest one, I have heard that the 'Blood on the Ice' quest can become bugged about halfway through it. (CSI: Windhelm)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar

I've actually run into one as well, where I'm searching for three parts to a sword and one of the possessors fails to spawn.

Whats the quest name so we all know there's a problem?

Originally posted by Mapkar
Good news is, bethesda is releasing updates and fixes the week after thanksgiving.

twitter.com...#!/DCDeacon/status/137634356184363009

Glad to hear that! Thanks for the update.

edit on 18-11-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It's pretty poor of Bethesda not to delay the game for the sake of fixing these things.

They all think they can rely on getting patches out but I don't believe that attitude is good enough for us paying customers.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
the main quest bugs.. It did for me, so I needed to cheat my way out -.-
Pretty lame.

But I have already given up that game. It was insanely good the first 2 days, but I just don't see any point to play this game anymore lol.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There's one for blood on the ice where you have to find a murderer and solve the mystery but I can't even start the quest, a lot of people are having this problem.... It sucks too because I can't buy the house in the city until I finish that quest and I can't even start it.....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
the main quest bugs.. It did for me, so I needed to cheat my way out -.-
Pretty lame.

But I have already given up that game. It was insanely good the first 2 days, but I just don't see any point to play this game anymore lol.

My problem is that I always join the Thieves' Guild and the quest-line is usually way more interesting than the main one. So, I beat it and then I am bored

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Anytime i would have a glitch in oblivion i would reload and go do another quest or level up then come back to the glitch quest and it would be fine. Just to change a little something loading wise seemed to help everytime

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Wait outside of town or in the Inn until nightfall.
It should start as long at it's not your first visit to Windhelm.
If not leave and try entering when it's night.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Damn. Glad you started the thread. Gonna have to watch out for those quests.

So far I've got about 50 hours in (ya I'm a dork for TES games), and not a single crash / bug , framerate issue, or otherwise. Using the xbox version. Probably just jinxed myself lol.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ark005

Done this multiple times already, It just doesn't want to start for me..... It's bugged

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Well, All I can say is....

Become the murderer. If the game won't give you one, then become the criminal.

J/K I can't help you then. Looks like you'll have to wait to see if the patches fixes it.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
"Blood On Ice" is kinda glitchy. Actually it's really glitchy.

This game needs to be patched really bad. That should fix most of the BS.

But seriously guys... DRAGONS!!!!!!!
edit on 18-11-2011 by Cantmakedisup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have been playing a lot of skyrim on pc, the only bugs I have found so far is blood on the ice quest and a performance issue using ultra shadows which would randomly cause the fps to dip into the low 30s indoors. Setting shadows to high with all other settings maxed out fixed the problem tho and the game runs very smooth at 60 fps indoors and outdoors. This is one of the best games I have ever played apart from the annoying ui and intrusive alphabetized sub menus

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

On a side note, I have the original 360 that came out in 2005. It was plagued by crashing, framerate problems etc. It got sent back to MS multiple times, and never really worked right.

I was trying to play F3:NV when I finally flipped it over the crashing and tore the thing down.

I noticed that there was a lot of dust in the heatsink for the CPU. Cleaning it did not help the crashing. Took it a step further and looked at the airflow design. The DVD ROM sits directly over the meager GPU heatsink! Brilliant design MS! I noticed that after the last time they sent it back, they added a heat pipe with an external heat sink to the GPU. Still the design is flawed. When the main fans slow down, it would not pull enough air over the GPU heat sink. I fixed this by adding a small fan directly on top of the external portion of the GPU heatsink. You can find a 12v lead on the board in multiple locations. This helped somewhat, but what really helped was to power the main fans off the 12v lead as well. Yes, the unit sounds like a fricken black hawk touching down, but now it NEVER crashes!

Just throwing this out there for the owners of '360s with crashing woes as a possible solution.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up people!

I just plan on avoiding any of the bugged quests until the patch so I very much appreciate the input. I don't want to enter the console commands and kill my achievments, that seems to be the main answer on the Skyrim forums. I just have to play the first time through legit, its a honor thing.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
It's pretty poor of Bethesda not to delay the game for the sake of fixing these things.

They all think they can rely on getting patches out but I don't believe that attitude is good enough for us paying customers.

Well, irregardless of the problems I love this game. It will all be smoothed out in time. Complaining about things like this for pc is like beating a dead horse. PC games never ship 100% bug free. Way too many types of hardware configurations to deal with, it takes time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join