It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins New Hampshire Straw Poll! Take that Obama!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Yet another poll to come out, and I say that it is as important as any other. Considering the willingness to toss out other polls on the basis of it not reflecting the reality of situation...

Ron Paul wins straw poll of New Hampshire school children
thehill.com...

The poll was conducted with 250 elementary school students, who were brought to Saint Anselm College in New Hampshire.

1st Ron Paul
2nd Bachmann
3rd Cain
5th Obama

I think it speaks volumes that Obama placed 5th, even the kids can see that he's not the right choice.

I'm not sure if these results are because of the bias of information in which these children were taught, in regards to stances on issues. But, I would have to say that it reflects what the parents and those who are going to vote feel about the coming elections.

Interestingly enough, Saint Anselm College will be the host of the GOP debates on Jan. 7, which is just three days before New Hampshire's new primary date.

How hilarious would it be, if these kids showed up, all dressed up and started to heckle the other candidates. That would make Dean Allen have a fit of rage! Ok, Ok, I'm only joking, it actually would be quite sad, lets not over think that hypathetical.

To keep with the idea of 'conspiracy' in which is what this site is supposed to address... Hmmm...

Bill Gardner, who taught these kids about primary politics might have some bias behind him, which is loosely outlined in:

Mitt Romney’s Bill Gardner Problem
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It's bad enough that 20 new polls come out everyday - an entire year before the election - but now we're getting them from school children?

I'm also happy to see Ron Paul win something - anything, but this is getting ridiculous

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
It's bad enough that 20 new polls come out everyday - an entire year before the election - but now we're getting them from school children?

I'm also happy to see Ron Paul win something - anything, but this is getting ridiculous

Hahahah, I knew it would work.

All i had to do was plant the seed, in regards to the crazyness of the polls. This thread was moved instantly, and I replied to the MOD that, that was exactly the point of me posting this thread.

It's funny to me, that the very first reply outlined my intent of making the thread...

Bravo Hawking, Bravo!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Obviously this is just indicative of the intense racism these kids are being raised with at home.

The state should visit the families of all the kids who voted for Paul and Bachman and arrest the parents and put the kids in foster care.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Originally posted by Hawking

Hahahah, I knew it would work.

All i had to do was plant the seed, in regards to the crazyness of the polls. This thread was moved instantly, and I replied to the MOD that, that was exactly the point of me posting this thread.

It's funny to me, that the very first reply outlined my intent of making the thread...

Bravo Hawking, Bravo!

Yeah it's insane isn't it? Sort of like how "Black Friday" has become earlier every year and now it's starting at midnight!

It's also pretty amazing that we've already had like three scandals come out of this, 1,000 debates (and counting) and a new "frontrunner" each week

I feel like Perry was dismissed for acting goofy and not debating well, Cain is gettin sexual harassment accusations left and right and now Newt is supposed to be in the lead...Will there be anyone left by November 2012?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Some people may think polling school children is ridiculous, but more often than not they reflect their parents preferences.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I don't buy it.

I love Ron Paul, so does my wife, but my kids only know of Barack Obama. He is the president, and they need to know about him. They even have an action figure, LOL!

So, while I don't support Obama's policies, and I can't wait to see Ron Paul win some primaries and caucuses, I can't for a second believe that school children know him over Obama.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Some people may think polling school children is ridiculous, but more often than not they reflect their parents preferences.

When I was a kid we had a mock election. They brought in voting booths and everything. The kind with the flip switches and huge center levers that opened the curtain and set the votes.

All my parents ever said regarding politics was "they're all crooks" and "sons of bitches can't stop raping us."

They were blue-collar laborers. One worked for the state.

I voted Perot. I still stand by my decision.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Uhhh, shouldn't that be: Take that, Romney, Gingrich...whatever Republican?

Not sure how Obama got added to what appears to be a Republican straw poll.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
SIMPLE.

Ron Paul looks like grandpa.. Kids LOVE grandpa.

/endofstory

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

But the interesting thing about that is, Ron Paul supporters are the most dedicated and most likely to get their kids involved.

For Example

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
That video was cute.

Anyways, I actually dont like seeing the GOP fight each other. We all know the main goal is to get Barry out of the whitecastle.

Ron Paul or my big toe 2012!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The kids are smart, they know they're the ones who are gonna be stuck with the bill from all the spending of our government...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
if even children have a clue...that tells you something

major media better not cover this...they won't know what to say about this

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Makes perfect sense. Ron Paul wins a poll in which the participants can't vote for him. Isn't that always the case?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Makes perfect sense. Ron Paul wins a poll in which the participants can't vote for him. Isn't that always the case?

Nope, he's been winning polls of registered voters too.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

OK, I've corrected my oversight. My 5 year old and 4 year old were just given this poll. They both voted Barack Obama!

So, we watched the video linked in my signature line, and now their running around the house chanting and singing "Ron Paul ...... Ron Paul" to the rhythm from the song.

I asked them what they will say now if anyone at school asks who the next president should be, and they both chanted, "Ron Paul!"

So, crisis averted, LOL!
edit on 18-11-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

It was a mock Presidential Election so he needed to be included.

As far as kids go...My son knows more about Ron Paul than most of America. The Indigo generation are smart little buggers!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Meanwhile, in scientific polls of likely voters where it is impossible for the paulistas to spam the polls, a different picture emerges. Paul ranges from 11-14%. Gingrich ranges from 5-27%, and Romney ranges from 29-40%. It would seem yet another Paulista straw poll spamming event is eclipsed by the real world. Dream on.

Source

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

What about the Bloomberg polls with 2700 Respondents likely to attend the caucuses, where the top 3 included Cain and Paul and they were in a statistical dead heat? All those other "mainstream" polls have between 300 and 500 respondents.

Also, as far as I am concerned all of the polls are useless and not representative of average folks. What kind of average folk still has a landline, is at home on at dinnertime, will answer a call from an 800 number, and devote 15 minutes talking to a stranger about politics?

Also, with Ron Paul showing 3rd place on web presence and google responses, how does it make any sense that he is taking 50-60% of the voters in online polling where the counts are 80,000 plus? And how does it make any sense that a poll with 80,000 plus respondents is somehow less accurate than a poll with 300 respondents?

The whole idea of polls being representative of voters needs to be thrown out. The last 2 elections proved "exit polls" were outrageously inaccurate. I say they outlaw reporting any polling number that isn't a true election result.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join