It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God should bow to man for we are better parents than he is.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by Greatest I am

well..I'm relying on the living god to give me truth and wisdom..

if he exists ..I'll put my faith in Him to answer my prayers..

You rely on an" if God exists" .

Get off you lazy ass or be a fool.
If you do not realize how self centered and self gratifying prayer is, you have no wisdom to begin with.
God helps those who help themselves. Not those who wait for him to do their work.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

You rely on an" if God exists" . Get off you lazy ass or be a fool. If you do not realize how self centered and self gratifying prayer is, you have no wisdom to begin with. God helps those who help themselves. Not those who wait for him to do their work.

God has answered my prayers... and I am praying for you as well..

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

You rely on an" if God exists" . Get off you lazy ass or be a fool. If you do not realize how self centered and self gratifying prayer is, you have no wisdom to begin with. God helps those who help themselves. Not those who wait for him to do their work.

God has answered my prayers... and I am praying for you as well..

How special for you to have God's ear.

Do not pray for me but direct it to the 6 million or so that starve every year that your God is ignoring.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by 547000
We are God's creation, not His children. He owes us nothing. But He still loved His creations so much He sent His Son to the cross so we may become His children.
edit on 21-11-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

Yes and loves us so much that if we do not believe in Jesus, we are sent to eternal torture.

Yep. God is love.
Believe it or burn forever.

Regards
DL

Would you send your son to his death to save your pets?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

How special for you to have God's ear. Do not pray for me but direct it to the 6 million or so that starve every year that your God is ignoring.

sounds like odd advice from someone who just said in a previous post..

God helps those who help themselves. Not those who wait for him to do their work.

So.. exactly what are you doing to help these starving children..? By your own admission you seem to indicate that God does not help those who wait for him to do their work?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The difference between intentions and fore knowledge is vast. God, in His fore knowledge knew the choices that man would make. Even knowing this He still loved us enough to make arrangements to reconcile us back to Him. Even His son, Jesus Christ, knew of His fate and as Abraham's son Isaac trusted his father, Jesus trusted His Father to do what was neccessary to save mankind. Yes, mercy is the word, even for idiots like us.
What sin did Jesus do to deserve His fate? Absolutely nothing! That was the whole point. The Old Testament sacrifices had to be "spotless and without blemish" and they were a fore shadow of Christ who was also without blemish, i.e. sin. The OT sacrifices were to show that we could not be good enough without sacrifice to God, but Jesus being the supreme sacrifice put an end to that practice by His own death. Don't forget that he rose again and still lives and abides in Heaven.
Seeashrink
edit on 25-11-2011 by seeashrink because: to add comment

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

. . . but Jesus being the supreme sacrifice put an end to that practice by His own death.
We could not be good enough under a system where sacrifices could be used as a substitute for righteousness.
Jesus through his death enters into a new type of relationship between man and God, and he brings us into this by representation so we too can have that spirit which produces righteousness in our lives so we will be suitable to join Jesus with God in fact and not just by proxy.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Parents = Excellent role models that prove people are not perfect; although they may have the right intentions, by their actions, they do complete opposite. although they may be old and mature, they still make childish mistakes. although they have wisdom from time,they are wise in their arrogance.
God = Perfect, that we cannot fathom because it is outside of human perception.

Cased Closed.
edit on 25-11-2011 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

No
argument.
Couldn't agree more.

Seeashrink

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

well..I'm relying on the living god to give me truth and wisdom..

if he exists ..I'll put my faith in Him to answer my prayers..

You rely on an" if God exists" .

Get off you lazy ass or be a fool.
If you do not realize how self centered and self gratifying prayer is, you have no wisdom to begin with.

Regards
DL

careful calling others a fool...
i like to think people's condescending attitudes towards others are really a reflection of themselves... and in a way, it truly is.

i think this is where the problems start....
yes you must be active... but as the quote goes, coined by B. Franklin, a noted occultist, "God helps those who help themselves."

lets think about this: if you help yourself... is that not self centered and self gratifying as you judged prayer to be?

there is a plan in everyone's life... and yes He will provide... do you not think the Lord knows us better than we know ourselves?

Matthew 6: 30

30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek
for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

the problems branch from people seeking THEIR righteousness... not the Father's righteousness.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

We are God's creation, not His children. He owes us nothing. But He still loved His creations so much He sent His Son to the cross so we may become His children.

Yes and loves us so much that if we do not believe in Jesus, we are sent to eternal torture.

Yep. God is love.

Regards
DL

That is what your God did when he did not have to.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

How special for you to have God's ear. Do not pray for me but direct it to the 6 million or so that starve every year that your God is ignoring.

sounds like odd advice from someone who just said in a previous post..

So.. exactly what are you doing to help these starving children..? By your own admission you seem to indicate that God does not help those who wait for him to do their work?

Showing that religions and their imaginary Gods do not have the answer and that we are the only ones with the power to do anything and that the religious are holding us back.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink

The difference between intentions and fore knowledge is vast. God, in His fore knowledge knew the choices that man would make. Even knowing this He still loved us enough to make arrangements to reconcile us back to Him. Even His son, Jesus Christ, knew of His fate and as Abraham's son Isaac trusted his father, Jesus trusted His Father to do what was neccessary to save mankind. Yes, mercy is the word, even for idiots like us.
What sin did Jesus do to deserve His fate? Absolutely nothing! That was the whole point. The Old Testament sacrifices had to be "spotless and without blemish" and they were a fore shadow of Christ who was also without blemish, i.e. sin. The OT sacrifices were to show that we could not be good enough without sacrifice to God, but Jesus being the supreme sacrifice put an end to that practice by His own death. Don't forget that he rose again and still lives and abides in Heaven.
Seeashrink
edit on 25-11-2011 by seeashrink because: to add comment

No lose = no sacrifice.

Stop trying to profit from the murder of an innocent man. That is quite immoral and scripture is quite clear on that.

Step up to your responsibilities and stop trying to use Jesus as your whipping boy.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas
Parents = Excellent role models that prove people are not perfect; although they may have the right intentions, by their actions, they do complete opposite. although they may be old and mature, they still make childish mistakes. although they have wisdom from time,they are wise in their arrogance.
God = Perfect, that we cannot fathom because it is outside of human perception.

Cased Closed.
edit on 25-11-2011 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

Yet A & E, according to God's own words, had no problem in perceiving God's knowledge of good and evil.

It is not the case that is closed. It is your mind.

Why would you want to follow a genocidal maniac who you can never fathom?
That is insane.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

the problems branch from people seeking THEIR righteousness... not the Father's righteousness.

Yep yep. your genocidal maniac has a lot of righteousness.

He shows it by murder.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

a man and thief get into a fight. the thief kills the innocent man and steals his belongings.

question here: did God kill the innocent man or did the thief kill the man?

the question you would ask after hearing this question: if God existed he wouldn't let that innocent man die.

that would be nice to think... that no one would die... but every person that leaves this physical plane leaves at the exact moment they are supposed to.

but we have free will to do as we please... even murder
it was up to that person to take another one's life...

instead of blaming God... put some responsibilities on your own shoulders.

it was God's plans for those to murders to happen; what happens next to the people that the dead affects, i don't know but have an idea.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

why would i follow something i can never fathom?

simply put: adoration

i like to think my mind works better than a super computer... if my mind works like this, i want to see how God works. i want to see what God has done in all of history when i meet Him in heaven. i marvel at the works of His hands... even the little squirrels that rummage through my trash cans.. a lot of questions to ask

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

a man and thief get into a fight. the thief kills the innocent man and steals his belongings.

question here: did God kill the innocent man or did the thief kill the man?

the question you would ask after hearing this question: if God existed he wouldn't let that innocent man die.

that would be nice to think... that no one would die... but every person that leaves this physical plane leaves at the exact moment they are supposed to.

but we have free will to do as we please... even murder
it was up to that person to take another one's life...

instead of blaming God... put some responsibilities on your own shoulders.

it was God's plans for those to murders to happen; what happens next to the people that the dead affects, i don't know but have an idea.

Thanks for ignoring the O P.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

You seem to be making a great deal of secular speculation with no real supportive knowledge. So ends the discussion.
Seeashrink

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Yep. God is love.

Regards
DL

That is what your God did when he did not have to.

Regards
DL

Yeah, He could have just forsaken the Jews and Gentiles to hell and start a new species. But He didn't.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join