It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God should bow to man for we are better parents than he is.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
God should bow to man for we are better parents than he is.

The tree of knowledge.
Two things. Do you value your moral sense?
Would you give it up along with most of what you know since most is subject to being good or evil?

Why do you think A & E would value it any less than yourself?

Life without morals is not worth living so we must thank Eve, then Adam, for making the right choice.

The tree of life.
As to living forever. If you just created children and were going to raise them and teach them what to eat or not, what tree would you first feed them?

If bright, I will assume you made the right choice. The tree of life. The most important tree.

Then that brings up the uncomfortable question of why God chose to feed them something else first. His decision and your brighter one are in opposition. You chose the moral and intelligent decision while God did not.

You make a better parent than God. Even if we ignore his preventing A & E from reaching what would save them. The tree of life. I call that murder.

Take a bow and have God bow to you.

If you do not agree that man is a better parent, then you are not much of a thinker and you should question your morals.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
My brain exploded when I read that.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I hope you did not spend a long time thinking up this post.

I would like to have the minute back I spent reading this drivel.

Seriously Dumb...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Your reasoning is foolish and juvenile in the big picture that exist. You will have to face this Creator one day and give account of this foolish post just as we all will give account of our lives. God have mercy on us all.
As things stand right now, He is a very merciful Father and welcomes you with open arms, but when the time comes to confront Him in judgement, it may be a different situation.
Seeashrink

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

You are....
Bold
Naive
Not Aware
Self Centered
Plain Goofy
And....the best for last.....
Clueless....as you simply do not know your Creator.

Love ya though!! xoxox

Jenn

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

This matter is because of big big contradiction made by some .........

God has already sent Jesus because we are learning being and we can be guided.

How can such a god , forbid Adam and Eve from the knowledge tree at the first point ?

The fact is that they were thought to avoid that tree. Then it was possible to teach them . So , they could learn in the first place.

I knew that god can be understood by his differently by different people.

But the God you are describing seems to be like a cruel father.

Are you ok ?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I've often pondered WHY God "tests" our faith with trials. I love my children so much and would never "test" their love for me. My love is unconditional. I'm sure they will do things and say things when they get older that will be very hurtful. Even if I felt they didn't love me, I would never put them through the things God supposedly puts us through to test our faith.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by aeriess

I've often pondered WHY God "tests" our faith with trials. I love my children so much and would never "test" their love for me. My love is unconditional. I'm sure they will do things and say things when they get older that will be very hurtful. Even if I felt they didn't love me, I would never put them through the things God supposedly puts us through to test our faith.

I think it would be better to ask myself " What is he testing us?"

The answer is simple . He is testing us to give us what we have tried for , in the afterlife. He is the pure justice , he is not cruel . He won't judge us for what we don't know about.

We are not like angels who simply obey.We are the supreme being in his creation , because we can choose between good and evil.

[regards]

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

What makes you think the universe should bowel to man? It created us somehow and we should be thankful for that at least, whether you believe in god or not...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The most interesting thing about God is that he lets his creations deny his presence , he don't judge them here always. But he will judge.

This whole thread reminds me of the desperate people who can not find their way home.

The cure for your soul is hope.

I hope you get all the good things you want in this big universe.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
'We' made 'God' - 'We' should bow to ourselves.

Hmmm?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Maybe God is simply not the angry, murdering, jealous, vindictive god that was portrayed by men, in their bible?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

If bright, I will assume you made the right choice. The tree of life. The most important tree.

Then that brings up the uncomfortable question of why God chose to feed them something else first.

It pays to read a little more closely before criticizing the text of the Bible.

Adam and Eve were permitted to eat of the Tree of Life. They were allowed to eat of all the trees of the garden. They were not allowed to eat of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Therefore, they ate of the Tree of Life, and were living forever. However, when they ate of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, they became mortal. It was after this event that God would not let them restore their immortality, for they had to suffer for their mistake.

Now, back to bowing to God. I hope this helps you in your search for the truth. So many people misread or misinterpret the Bible then turn to blame God.
edit on 11/18/2011 by Jim Scott because: add

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by princessgrey
'We' made 'God' - 'We' should bow to ourselves.

Hmmm?

If we made god, we should be ashamed of ourselves for what we have done to each other.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Damn! So many christian douchebags on this site damnit!

The O.P. rather makes a good point. I would like to offer him some reassurance. It is absurd to think that God would want his creation to be ignorant, especially about morals because it is good morals that dignifies life. This notion that we should be kept in the dark is from the devil. If you follow closely those who are always preaching this tree of knowledge notion along with their fear-mongering dogma, you will understand why they do.
edit on 18-11-2011 by Exv8densez because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

The only one judging this as foolishness is YOU right now! What makes you think you know how God is going to judge people with such ideas? For God to be credible, he's gonna have to stop letting low-level organisms speak in his name just like a parent would not let their kids raise one another.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

If only all the "religious" ones would start to acknowledge the universe first, that would probably lead them to the real God.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Originally posted by Exv8densez

The O.P. rather makes a good point. I would like to offer him some reassurance. It is absurd to think that God would want his creation to be ignorant, especially about morals because it is good morals that dignifies life. This notion that we should be kept in the dark is from the devil. If you follow closely those who are always preaching this tree of knowledge notion along with their fear-mongering dogma, you will understand why they do.

Ok lets assume their is a god, why would god bowel too his creation? Now lets assume that the bible is a hoax. What would the tree of life mean if this was the case? Without god and the bible there simply is no tree of life, it is just something written in a book. You either believe or you do not, and god will not be their to bowel to you when you decide which path to take.

Because there is no answer, I simply respect where I am, bowel to no-one, believe what I see fit, and try to enjoy my life the way I want to. Leave the spiritual realm out of it as it does not matter what anyones opinion is. We can sit here and talk about it for the rest of our lives, but it is just pure speculation and there is most likely no point to this subject.

As for the Christian douchebags, yes I agree, but with them christian douchebags, there are some very smart people who can have very good information.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez

If only all the "religious" ones would start to acknowledge the universe first, that would probably lead them to the real God.

It depends. Some people just go too far over the top with their religions, and that is one thing that does push me away from them. I research the bible on my terms, without any other influence to see what I can get out of it and thats the way I like it.

What you are saying could be right. If us humans were put here by aliens or somthin, then yes I can understand people believing in gods, but if we magically appeared out of nothing, then we have no other option but to explore the universe. The problem with this is there is no proof. The only proof for me is that we are here, we have a license to learn, and we should all learn our own way, sharing our individual ideas as well.

Now this god boweling to humans is just ridiculous. We are nothing in the cosmos, we are trapped apart from a few feats outside this planet. We cant even run a world which promotes peace, and killing seems to be the order of someones generation, maybe that is why we are still trapped. Who would bowel to that? I would rather throw a rock at it, If I was god. People need to look from outside the sphere and look in. What you see is so disappointing, it sometimes makes you wish you were not here, but because there maybe nothing after this, I will stick around until my clock decides to stop.
The other thing is the universe will still be here even when I depart, so I think I will take a bowel to the universe myself.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

O.k. To my understanding the whole bowing down thing is sarcasm in which the O.P. wrapped his frustration. All these bible stories about trees of this and that should not be taking literally because the Bible became obsolate with contradictions and inconsistancies ONCE it was touched by man. If God created us in his(their) image first of all, we don't need any tree of life or knowledge to test us. Is god not sure of his own creation then? God's word should be infallibe and not to be misinterpretated by man, especially imperfect man.

Someone said above that the great thing with God is that He let us unaware of his presence. If so, why are there so many opportunists speaking in his name when all we have to do is commune with the universe he created in which he's supposed to be omnipotent and omniscient?

Religion is a plague that is just driving humanity away from the REAL God.

edit on 18-11-2011 by Exv8densez because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join