It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rawwrrr, I like John Stewart, but stop...just read!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
John Stewart is funny; I'll give him that. I watch him all the time. He is a democrat, and he has this horrible tendency of twisting people's words around. He showed Zell Miller's speach saying that he doesn't think anyone who equates U.S. troops as an occupying force is fit to lead our country. Then he shows Bush saying, "The Iraqi people are" **Obvious Edit Insterted Here**"Are not happy with the thought of being occupied indefinately...I wouldn't be happy either!" Did he not notice that Bush was saying these people won't be occupied indefinately? He went on to call Bush (In a subtle way) a hypocrit. Ugh, I hate it when people do things like that...that's one reason I don't like Michael Moore.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Chill man, Stewart is the class clown. His purpose is to make us all laugh, and he does a damn fine job. The real problem is these American elections are to damn long. Primaries? Conventions? And THEN the election. WTF? You need the humor to endure that mental beating.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I love JOn Stewart, and honestly, who else doesn't twist words around? They jsut do it obviously, blatantly, and so matter-of-fact that the whole idea of them screwing around people's words is just ANOTHER satire on the media.....I love you Jon

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
For you Scat, the Quintecsential Jon:

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Jon Stewarts funny. Zell on Earth,Ha ha funny stuff.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Its a comedy show of course he is going to twist the words.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yes, it's just comedy. Enjoy it for what it is.

That being said, though, edit or not, Bush did say we were occupying them. Maybe he should have said we were continuing the Liberation Temporary Residency instead.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Thanks intrepid!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love JOn Stewart...for Christmas, one of my friends got me the Newsweek when he was on the cover...thats right, OJn Stewart was on the cover of Newsweek.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
God damn Stewart's HOT for a Jew!!!

top topics

join