It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boom/Shaking 11/17/11 west of Houston?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It's been reported, by co-worker, that 2 different people heard a large boom, rumbling, then ground shaking yesterday evening Houston/west side of Houston area. One was around Cypress area. Does anyone know anything about this? One is a friend of co-worker who called him last night asking if he knew of an earthquake or something strange going on, or if he even felt it. My co-worker and I do not live in Harris County. His friend has lived on the property down there for around 7 years and knows what testing facilities down there are doing. He's used to the sounds, but said this was totally different and alarmed him. Said he saw his whole barn shake after the boom. Nothing has been reported that I know of on news, etc. Hoping someone can shed light on this. I know there's been two recent small earthquakes just SE of San Antonio. I've heard the sound everyone speaks of, the boom/shake/rumble months ago and I live in East Texas.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I live in the Katy area.
Didnt hear or feel any booms but saw to Chinoks fly over yesterday. The only thing that is strange about that is that they were traveling north to south. Normally the only military choppers flying over this area are Apaches and are headed east to west along I-10. I have some friends that live in cypress. I'll give them a call tonight to see if they heard anything.

Do you know about what time this ocurred?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Thanks for info. Will find out shortly from co-worker about timeframe.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I live in the Katy area also, but I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary.
Just the usual military chopper traffic.
Could have been a sonic boom.

~Neysa
edit on 18-11-2011 by Neysa because: Meh

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neysa
~Neysa

What??? Katy representin on ATS whoop whoop!

Going out to Moe's next Saturday, you should swing by and look for the dark haired guy with the stunningly beautiful blonde wife.

The password is "Phage" haha

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Katy resident reporting in, dont want let my neighbors stand alone.

Dont have any booming sounds to report. Talltexan, were those Chinooks or ch-53's? Saw a couple headed west from my job on the east side (i10 and the East loop, across from Budweiser).

Have noticed the Apache flights more. Seems like they may be using cars on the freeway to practice sensor tracking targets of interest.

I have seen them performing touch and go's at Ellington.

But back on subject, was off yesterday and didnt hear any booms. Around what time were they heard? Rt

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I heard rumbling from the sky today...I looked everywhere for a plane but one never appeared and the rumbling lasted about 20 minutes I think.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yes we felt the rumbling! My boyfriend & I live near Cy-Fair and both heard something (sounded like something bumping up against the house) and felt a small jerk. It wasn't anything intense but we both looked up at each other and he said "what the hell was that?" I didn't look at the time but it had to of been around 8:30-9.

Edit: It may have been earlier....wasn't keeping an eye on the time last night.

edit on 18-11-2011 by cb0688 because: edit

edit on 18-11-2011 by cb0688 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I was in the Clear Lake area about that time, I did not hear/feel anything here.

Hockley Seismo link

I'm not sure how to look at yesterday's data, but I'm sure someone in the Quakewatch 2011 thread would be able to, if asked nicely (which I'm abut to do...) to see if this was a seismic event.

edit on 18-11-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: typos

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Just talked to co-worker and boom was reported to have occurred around 6 pm yesterday. I'm going to ask my daughter about this evening too. She resides in the Cypress area.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

thank you jaded

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I live in Sugar Land.

I didn't hear anything. I'll check around with people I know and if they know something about it, I'll pass it on.

I hope the miliatry is practing for an upcoming event overseas....... Pure speculation on my part.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan

Originally posted by Neysa
~Neysa

What??? Katy representin on ATS whoop whoop!

Going out to Moe's next Saturday, you should swing by and look for the dark haired guy with the stunningly beautiful blonde wife.

The password is "Phage" haha

Wow... lots of Katy folks here eh? Myself included....

Didn't hear the boom/shake/rumble though...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I looked at Hockley and saw nothing.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm near Pearland and I've been in my garage all day. Didn't hear or feel anything. Then again, Ellington AFB is close by so I wouldn't of thought too much about it if I had heard something. I'll call my brother in Katy and ask him.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ericblair4891

Thank you, Winston

Well, now we know it wasn't, let's see if we can find out what it was.

No news stories that I have been able to find as of this time. Will keep searching.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ISis12RA12ELohim

The day I heard the rumbling it lasted about 20 minutes also. I couldn't even pinpoint which direction it was coming from. My dog was cowering, standing still and not leaving my side (which is rare for a hyper chihuahua mix). The ground didn't shake though, but that was back when the noises were first starting to be noticed. I live out in the country, far away from a major Interstate Hwy.

Yesterday morning I had a military helicopter fly very low over my house headed SW which would've made Cypress/Cy-Fair in the path. It was so low that I heard it coming from a long way. I honestly thought it was a small quake at first since the heater was on and making a noise too, which made the distinct sound of a helicopter distorted. When it flew over my house, the house shook, but we could plainly see the copter. It was huge. Last year, several Apache's were flying over my property for a whole week and we found out later our property was being used for practice. Our livestock, and probably us too, were being used in laser practice for moving targets. The only reason I found this out was my step-father knew someone who was stationed at the base where the military exercises originated from. I live a little North of Walker County.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
Katy resident reporting in, dont want let my neighbors stand alone.

Dont have any booming sounds to report. Talltexan, were those Chinooks or ch-53's? Saw a couple headed west from my job on the east side (i10 and the East loop, across from Budweiser).

Have noticed the Apache flights more. Seems like they may be using cars on the freeway to practice sensor tracking targets of interest.

I have seen them performing touch and go's at Ellington.

But back on subject, was off yesterday and didnt hear any booms. Around what time were they heard? Rt

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I guess they were the CH-53's. I didnt really get a good look at them and Im not caught up on my military transportation identification.

I wondered why the apaches were always flying fown I-10, now I guess we know we're being used as taget practice.

All us ATS (21+ y/o) katy iets should get together some time for a drink. Like I said in a previous post I'll be a Moe's place next Saturday evening for my going away party. Movin to the Big Easy

edit on 18-11-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

If anything of consequence registered on a seismograph, it would be on the USGS microquake list of 1.0+... And I don't see a single quake in TX yesterday on that list:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Then again, if there was a signature of this noise that registered on a seismo, it may not be interpreted as a quake, and thus not reported as one, either. And the other problem is the autoreporting software uses multiple stations for autolocating and reporting earthquake events (most are set that way unless the monitored area is real remote and there is only one station). Therefore even if it did register, but was a localized event, the autoreporting would probably discard it cause it didn't register on more than one station.

So unless Puterman wants to go through and pull the raw data and run it through spectrum analysis, you're probably gonna have a tough time finding anything on a seismo.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Lolz
Whoop whoop back at ya, Talltexxxan.
My weekend is full of relatives so I'll take a raincheck on Mo's.

Phage who? Just kidding. I am not sure he would appreciate that. He would probably say that Mo's does not exist and we are just ill informed yahoos, according to his scientific calculations. lmao

top topics

<<   2 >>

join