It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caughlin Fire has destroyed 20 homes; new evacuation center Galena High; Reno, Washoe, Sandoval decl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Caughlin Fire has destroyed 20 homes; new evacuation center Galena High; Reno, Washoe, Sandoval declare state of emergency

www.rgj.com

Republican Gov. Brian Sandoval declared a state of emergency at 8 a.m. for Reno in the wake of the Caughlin fire.

The declaration qualifies local governments for federal assistance. Sandoval is onsite with local officials and the state emergency operations center has been activated.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with those who have been and are being affected by this fire,” Sandoval said in a statement. “Declaring a state of emergency ensures that every resource from the local, state and federal level is available to assist. I have asked the National Guard to be on alert and sta
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.rgj.com

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Reno is burning. More than 20 homes are gone. The wind is a major component to the destruction.

Many people have been evacuated. I have evacuees at my house right now.

The fire started this morning around 2:00 am. Flashes were seen and I think it may have started from electrical wires.

"The cause of the Caughlin Fire is still under investigation. Thousands of people have been evacuated for the Caughlin Fire, and at least 20 homes have been destroyed. RTC is still on normal schedule, but that could change if RTC vehicles are needed in the fire evacuation."

www.rgj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Some live stream ?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Some live stream ?

Live stream here:

www.ktvn.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Some live stream ?
Will post some pics I took in a few mins...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

Tnx

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Photos are up on my Flickr acct:

www.flickr.com...

Got 8 decent ones, would've taken more but it was before a job interview

I also would've gotten closer but they have the whole area locked down for at least a mile on each side.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Here is a map of the fires origin and perimeter:

reno.gov...

new topics

top topics

join