It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot Police batter Iraq war vet (rupture his spleen) - Caught on camera

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well, this is just dandy. As a vet myself, this is really starting to get on my last nerve. Personally I think that our brothers and sisters need to stand up, and start rupturing some spleens of our own....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
i love the oakland riot police - every vid with them is like from a war movie or something....seriously mad world

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
I had heard the story but hadn't seen the video. How can this be happening? I know he disobeyed and didn't move when he was repeatedly told but that one cop he didn't even try to arrest him none of them did...wtf. Can we hear from some ATS cops on this? The story goes on to include that he was further beaten and left in jail for 24 hours while others in the jail yelled for medical attention and were ignored. Later he was placed in critical condition with a ruptured spleen. I can't believe this happens in America.

If he dies it is murder, no ifs ands or buts about it. In the U.S. you are "allowed" to demonstrate until the cops tell you to do something. When they say do something you do it or you get hurt in ways you could never imagine. This is what is called a Totalitarian government. It's all fun and games until they get tired of you and then start hurting you to make you stop.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Although I most certainly do not condone any brutality by cops on any person, is it really necessary to mention that he is a veteran? It seems that it's in the headline to make the instance an even bigger crime.

Many other headlines are just "Person" , "Man", "Woman" ... but this has to be a "Vet"

I guess it's meant to make people even angrier. "How can they do this to him?... he's a vet!"

I feel for the man but that's just it...he's just a man.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
I'm sorry but that "dude" got treated correctly by what is considered to be robust policing.

He was told to move several times and remained defiant. What did he expect was going to happen?
Did he think he was going to be handed a bunch of flowers, a handshake and a "it's ok friend, we're only playing" apology from the Police!

If he wasn't doing what he was doing the incident wouldn't have happened. No point crying after the event.

I #in hate pricks like you. Stop #in supporting POLICE!!! they're CRIMINALS!!!! stop drinking the #in water!!!!! NOBODY DID ANYTHING WRONG BUT THE #IN PIG!!!!!!

# the police

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen
i love the oakland riot police - every vid with them is like from a war movie or something....seriously mad world

It's martial law like, hands down. So they're gonna rupture all our spleens when the # goes down?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I'm sorry but that "dude" got treated correctly by what is considered to be robust policing.

He was told to move several times and remained defiant. What did he expect was going to happen?
Did he think he was going to be handed a bunch of flowers, a handshake and a "it's ok friend, we're only playing" apology from the Police!

If he wasn't doing what he was doing the incident wouldn't have happened. No point crying after the event.

So you think it's justified to baton somebody (attempting to hurt x person so bad they would fall to the floor) because they wont move (which he was, just slowly) for something he believes in?

If that same thing happened to you and you where man enough to face a line of angry and amped up police men chanting 'move move move' you would start crying like a little woman.

that chick at the end has more balls than you.
edit on 18-11-2011 by WiZKiD111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Although I most certainly do not condone any brutality by cops on any person, is it really necessary to mention that he is a veteran? It seems that it's in the headline to make the instance an even bigger crime.

Many other headlines are just "Person" , "Man", "Woman" ... but this has to be a "Vet"

I guess it's meant to make people even angrier. "How can they do this to him?... he's a vet!"

I feel for the man but that's just it...he's just a man.

I'll give you a star, because in all honesty, it makes zero difference if he is a veteran of war....BUT that is the unfortunate reality we live in...the reality where everything is overplayed to tug at the heart strings of the broadest (target) audience. Nonetheless, this is a veteran of war; whom was unnecessarily and illegally beaten...So, given those facts, what is the complaint about mentioning the facts of the situation? At the same time, I suggest that other brutal atrocities be brought to the public's attention....atrocities against the average Joe...those are no less brutal, nor less emotionally straining.

Moving on to another thought....

Who, besides me, is anticipating a montage video of the brutality imposed on OWS (the footage is growing daily)? A montage that becomes so lengthy that it turns the stomachs of the average American, the un-American even...A montage that turns them so much that they can't help but agree; because it has arrived at the point that standing on the sidelines has become a moral crime....the worst type of crime (in my opinion).

I weep for downed soldiers, but my blood boils over for downed citizens...especially those that are downed while exercising their Constitutional rights.

Our Forefathers had it right; and, in their style, I suggest that we do not let the pretender thugs of 2011 distort our birthright!!!

Fight!!! Fight!!! Fight for LIBERTY!!! It's liberty or misery!

Hell, it's worse than misery....to quote the great Patrick Henry;

"Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death"

There is no "in-between" friends/foes. The time is now. Own it or be owned. That is the bottom line; and that is an option which is dwindling as I type...

Americans for America!

OCCUPY THE CONSTITUTION!!!
edit on 18-11-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The actions taken in this video will only make the resolve of the protesters even stronger.

This isn't going away. it's only going to get bigger.

The disappearing middle class and the expanding poor class see the writing on the wall.

New people are joining the ranks of the financially destroyed each day which will only increase support for the protesters.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
CLEARLY...

Provocateurs like mr primalred, with their slimy insinuating avatars and like minded membership creation dates need to understand something...

You aren't jack, and hip shot remarks in defense of one person's blatant attempt to cause physical harm to another in the name of ANY GOD DAMNED CAUSE makes you 1: an Oakland PD TROLL IMHO... 2: someone who needs their credentials checked, and portfolio updated if you seriously back up the blatantly fascist assault tactics and example making bravado that COWARD and his COWARDLY "law enforcement officers" demonstrated in that video... and 3: a bombastic advertisement of just the element ATS does... not... need...

your obvious lack of protocol alone categorizes you as someone out to argue a perverse point.

If I were that protestor, I would have had my credentials in those cop's faces... not some Martin Sheen costume.

I would have voiced my stance in response to the command, and any attempt to assault my position met with like momentum. I don't need a stick to announce to any cop the hurt end of a well trained combat boot.

Whoever that person was, until I see verification on the claim of 3 tours, I call that crap horse puckey.

You go violently, for 3 tours, then suddenly try the hands in your pocket peace thing? ARE YOU HIGH?...

Time for an upgrade in tactics Oakland... "First Blood" is being drawn - time to bring the pain.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by mr-lizard

You have got to be kidding me. I am supposed to feel sorry for him? He did all but spit in their face! Notice he is entirely ALONE? No one else had the lack of good sense to actually try and stand nose to nose with their police line and actively resist.

Or the courage apparently.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
Two wrongs here:

He disobeyed a police order. That was the first mistake.

The police officer should have arrested him, not beat him with a baton. That was aggravated assault and certainly violated proper procedure.

I predict lawsuit and suspension.

I predict a slight slap on the wrist and no donuts for a week.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

There is absolutely NO comparing police to protesters for proximate cause on these incidents. The Police are there by order and profession. They aren't choosing it

I can't believe the way some people think these days. Really? Police have no choice?

Have you never said NO to anything in your life? For ethical or principaled reasons!? JEBUS PEOPLE. You always have the freedom to say NO and choose your path, hence what is so great about the USA, you know... THAT WHOLE FREEDOM BAG you anti-OWS people claim to love!!!!
edit on 11/19/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
The link included contains a video.

MOVEMOVEMOVEMOVE

This is horrible! To me it appears that the USA are already a police state. The video seems unreal, almost looking like a endofdays movie. The whole atmosphere scared me.
This shouting from the riot police: movemovemove! Sounded like brainwashed maniacs doing psychological warfare.

Nevertheless I think not all of the cops are evil and brutal. The OWS´ goal should be to get the on their side.
The US military is to strong connected to the weapons industry so except for some vets the OWS shouldnt rely on them. It is like it is always and everywhere. The leaders rule and gain money and therefore their need for a change in the system is very very limited.

Again of course not every person in a leading position is evil.

For example Götz Werner Chef of a supermarket chain in Europe is a strong supporter of the BASIC INCOME GUARANTEE which is a very good, maybe the best alternative to the acutal system. If you don´t know about it be sure to check it out!
en.wikipedia.org...
If you already know about it. Spread the word!!!

Have a nice day folks and enjoy your life the best you can!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

How would you like it if we didn't allow YOU to talk, if YOU weren't allowed to speak your mind?
How would you like it if you got bruises for speaking your mind?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The reasoning in mentioning that he is a vet is thus:

He fought and could have ultimately given his life to be a free individual for the goverment given right to assemble.

He fought for that right. Other civilians don't.

He fought for this right only to be beaten by a totalitarian government.

Now see why being a vet is so important?

edit on 19-11-2011 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

reply to post by mr-lizard

There is something else to consider. The cops DEFINITELY consider it, so the protesters had better start. If there is a Hippie, and ACLU member and a Veteran standing shoulder to shoulder and resisting police, it will be the Vet that gets hurt every single time and twice on Sunday. Why?The Vet is the ONLY one of the 3 the police *KNOW* has been trained to fight and trained to hurt people fast and brutal in that style of fighting. The Vet IS the threat...and that is just how things are. There is no changing that when said Vet has placed themselves directly in the line of fire and appears ready to fight or resist authority. Just start thinking about that....because again, the Police already have been for quite awhile now.

edit on 18-11-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

You must not be a vet or know much about the military... Having been in the military does not automatically make one a super ass kicking badass fighter. I'm pretty sure that there are far more non-combat personnel in the military than there are combat roles. Think of all the support required to keep things running - maintenance, repair, logistics, admin, medical, etc.

I was trained as an electrician and had absolutely ZERO hand to hand combat training. I used an AR-15/M-16 for about 5 minutes in boot camp, and after I got to my first duty station I had to qualify with a 9mm pistol and 12ga shotgun for the rare possibility that I might have to defend the submarine (Never happened). Other than bootcamp and qualification 2x with the pistol/shotgun, I never touched a weapon in the rest of my time in the military.

If police *KNOW* that all vets are trained to hurt people as you say, then they are pretty ignorant and should not be in a position of authority. If that is their reasoning for targeting vets with excessive force then that is just as messed up as their use of any force on non-violent non-threatening people...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This is why this Occupy Movement is going to fail...these "protestors" don't push back.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

MOVE! MOVE! MOVE! MOVE!
If you want to live in a world like this then you're actually insane. Please go and seek psychiatric help.

They look like an army of #ing robots. It's embarrassing.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Three words

Scum in Uniform

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join