It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rossi now openly marketing his "Cold Fusion" e-cat device.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
From the looks of things, Rossi has now entered some kind of arrangement with ecat.com to market his 1MW reactors.

Confirmation from his blog that his is affiliated....Here

Frank Acland
November 16th, 2011 at 3:34 PM
Dear Andrea Rossi,

The site www.ecat.com... is now saying it is “In Association with Andrea Rossi”. They have an order form for E-Cats, also. Do you have an official relationship with this site?

Thank you!

Best wishes,

Frank Acland

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andrea Rossi
November 16th, 2011 at 5:59 PM
Dear Frank Acland:
Yes, it is the website of our North Europe commercial Branch.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

So now you can buy an ecat, for only $2,000,000

ECAT.com in Association with Andrea Rossi and Leonardo Corporation now accepts sign-ups for pre-orders for the following products:

ECAT 1 MW units. (3 months delivery) ECAT Home units (5kW – 10kW). (Will be available in 2013) The price of the units will be around $2000/kW.

The fuel cost will be negligible. Check out the ECAT energy cost calculator to determine the costs and savings of a customized ECAT solution for your home or business.

Can't wait to see who the first buyer's are...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
notice it said "fuel costs are negligible". i thought cold fusion was supposed to be energy free. i did watch the video when it was first publicized and he said something about it needing a generator for the initial start-up. how big of a geny are we talking about for start-up?...and once it's up and running i could, hypothetically speaking cut off from the grid, right? so again i ask, why the "fuel costs are negligible" comment?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanbaktouofknowledge
notice it said "fuel costs are negligible". i thought cold fusion was supposed to be energy free. i did watch the video when it was first publicized and he said something about it needing a generator for the initial start-up. how big of a geny are we talking about for start-up?...and once it's up and running i could, hypothetically speaking cut off from the grid, right? so again i ask, why the "fuel costs are negligible" comment?

Yes you have to use a certain amount of energy to get the thing up and running but i think that once its running its sustained reaction. So maybe they are saying the "fuel costs are negligible" because the amount of fule needed to start the thing up is tiny compared to the total output?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

As I understand the e-cat, some power is initially required to begin the reaction, and eventually SMALL amounts of nickel will have to be added as the reaction involves nickel being broken down to release the energy used for output.

Just like a nuclear reactor, fuel is required...but due to the large amounts of energy released in the reaction, it's not very often.

I'm sure someone will be along to let us know if I've misunderstood.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Most electric companies now have "net metering" to accomodate solar panels. Someone could buy one of these devices, power their home and sell any excess back to the power company to pay for the fuel costs!!

I'm interested in the smaller units in 2013!!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The fuel in the supposed reaction would be Nickel and the "mystery element" which Rossi does not disclose. According to him, these only have to be replaced periodically, making the cost negligible.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Link

Follow the above link to find that the fuel cost is $1 Mw/hr.
Whatever that means.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Has this device been tested by a third party ?
Still skeptical until it starts rolling off the factory floor and actually works.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The fuel in the supposed reaction would be Nickel and the "mystery element" which Rossi does not disclose. According to him, these only have to be replaced periodically, making the cost negligible.

That seems odd, surely he wont be able to keep the 'mystery element' a mystery for very long? Its not going to take genius to work out what it is if they have to replace it periodically.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by boncho

That seems odd, surely he wont be able to keep the 'mystery element' a mystery for very long? Its not going to take genius to work out what it is if they have to replace it periodically.

He said he developed a self destruct device if you try and open it and look inside. (Not kidding).

Perhaps he did this from an evil layer in a hollowed out mountain?
(Kidding)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

you iz posting about "free" energy?

you iz ok buddy? [checks bonchos temperature]

2 million huh? and not really "free"
nor will enable self-empowerment

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Maybe it's Unobtainium.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
Has this device been tested by a third party ?
Still skeptical until it starts rolling off the factory floor and actually works.

No independent thorough scientific tests have been done on it. But a number of tests that have convinced a number of people have been done.

Originally there was supposed to be some grand demonstration, but each one was close to the first. Krivit makes a few good points on the events over the past year in reply post.

1. Rossi has publicly told all his fans that he will not ask for money until he has a product for sale.

2. They believed him and propagated this information widely but it is not true.

3. Rossi took an unknown amount of money from Ampenergo, as reported by Lewan on May 16, 2011.

4. Rossi asked an engineer at NASA on July 22, 2011, for $15 million to “test” his device. NASA did not pay Rossi
anything.

4. Rossi asked Defkalion to give him money by Aug. 1, 2011. Defkalion did not pay Rossi anything. Rossi himself is the source.

5. Rossi met with Quantum on Aug. 2-4. Again asked for millions of dollars. Quantum said “show me.”

6. Quantum reps went to Bologna on Sept. 5 and 6. Rossi asked them for money before they even finished their test attempt. They didn’t give him any money because Rossi interfered with their attempt to test the device. (NASA reps were present.) The sources who were there do not wish to be identified. However, NASA knows what happened. A document obtained from NASA by NET via FOIA states “[Rossi] does allow potential investors to kick the tires a bit … albeit strictly on his terms thus far.”

S

edit on 18-11-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Hmm i could see that causing problems. Will countries be happy allowing the import of something that contains a mystery element?

edit on 18-11-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
IWBIWISI
However the argument is much more compelling now.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by boncho

Hmm i could see that causing problems. Will countries be happy allowing the import of something that contains a mystery element?

edit on 18-11-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Specifically, it's a mystery catalyst. Which -if real- would be anything from a common chemical/metal, or something either treated through process but available through many supply channels in most countries.

The real question, is why no one addresses the fact that there are regulations making the feasibility of most of this non-existent. Which is one of the reason Rossi markets these devices as "heat generators" rather than "power plants", but you have to read the small print to see that.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
When it comes to free energy schemes, I prefer to wait until at least version 3.0 before I throw a lot of money into an investment. After some of the bugs are worked out of it.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I'm sure the Chinese will be quick to be the first to reverse engineer this.
Then we can buy free energy from china as well!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by emaildogs

Maybe it's Unobtainium.

My theory is that a huge part of the housing is a disguised 1000 gallon fuel tank filled with diesel fuel.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Just a couple questions:

1. So this is basically an exotic fuel rework of the steam engine?

2. The catalyst composition and associated manufacture/production techniques aren't US patent protected yet?

3. Has the problem of this type of cold fusion's (LENR) lack of repeatability on demand in any lab in the world been solved?

4. Anyone have a link to a lab or company NOT affiliated with Rossi where the E-Cat has been stated to actually work?

My answers, which might be wrong are: 1.Yes, 2.No, 3.No, 4.No

I welcome yours

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join