It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS now heckeling, following, threatening children???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
www.theblaze.com...

Interesting story. To me OWS pretty much just lost any remaining credibility they had (which was very little for me)/ If a kid ends up getting hurt....most of middle america/silent majority won't give a crap what points you have good or bad, they will just want to see heads busted....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
not surprised ...

Its time they clean up the streets and put the rabble where they belong.

Going after innocent children crossed the line. Totally inexcusable conduct by ows.

+118 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

I'm sorry... but that is just absolute Bollocks... what an awful, pathetic attempt at making OWS protesters look like the bad guy again.

They say they chanted and kicked and screamed.... we don't see any of that.
None of that chanting and "Protesting" looks to be aimed at the kids.... It's just an opportunity for an anti-ows photo-op/story.

They sat the guy following the "little kid" down the road was actually following the kid.... looked to me like the dad had said something and there was a dispute between the two, I don't believe the kid was involved at all.
But they make up that he followed the kid...

I swear to god... the MSM and you people on ATS are getting SOOOOO desperate that now you're resorting to this??? REALLY???

The OWS protesters are attacking kids?? This is where we're at now??

WOW...

You people are sick in the head....

Kids walked through a protest, they weren't abused or insulted.... seemed like that was the route through and they were passing through the protest....there just happened to be a protest going on...
Some guy mouthed off at a protester (although may have been a reporter, hard to tell) and got a mouthful back... and? Don't mouth off at people.

Sheesh.

Nothing in that video backs up the story... show me proof of any or all of the claims made and I will happily accept it.
edit on 18/11/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hope you don't mind, but I thought I'd help you try to avoid an onslaught of "THE BLAZE, are you kidding? That's just more Glen Beck propaganda". Because I know it won't be long and those who will say that won't even read the article to find out if it has basis in fact.

So, here's an excerpt from an article at the site of a New York CBS affiliate.

In the middle of thousands of protestors yelling and chanting — some kicking and screaming – CBS 2’s Emily Smith found little school kids trying to get to class. Nervous parents led them through the barriers on Wall Street. The NYPD helped funnel the children, anything to ease their fears while some protestors chanted “follow those kids!”

newyork.cbslocal.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Let me guess, now those little kids are the new 1%?
That one animal that followed the guy and his daughter should've been knock on his A.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
...Don't mouth off at people...

Sheesh.

...he said, in support of the OWS. Irony at its finest.

So only your side has the freedom of speech?

+22 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

You can see the guy remonstrating with the dad in the first clip, then see him arguing with the dad as they're walking away and a steward or someone runs to separate the two.

This is BS and propaganda at its finest.

What was the context... what was their dispute?

WE DON'T KNOW!!!

So instead of finding out or posting the truth, they lie and say he was following a kid??

Just disgusting....

:shk:

Anything could have happened to cause the two men to "Square up"

edit on 18/11/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

"that's the way your hard core cammunist works" General Jack Ripper, "Dr Strangelove".

Yes, only they have a ligit argument, only they have freedom of speech.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
I'm sorry... but that is just absolute Bollocks... what an awful, pathetic attempt at making OWS protesters look like the bad guy again.

Really? All of the crap that has gone on at these OWS protests, but, the "OWS protestors" are always innocent. I've said it before and I will say it again. This is a brilliant tactic. With no leadership, no cohesion anybody can get away with anything and everybody else will say "they are not with us". This crap is getting old. What I'm waiting to see and it might happen, is a bunch of people who have had enough OWS crap, decide to Occupy OWS and kick the protestors out. After what happened in Pittsburgh yesterday, it is entirely possible.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Let's start with the fact that they are protesting near the entrance to the school, and heckling kids......you yell at my kids for your infantile political protest your going to get yelled at back...you follow me and my kid....your lucky if you don't, or only, get a nose broken....

I think some in OWS have some terrific points....but this is turning into a bunch of Che wanna be's now collecting in the anarchists and freeze dired hippies yelling about anything just to be a nussance, or because they don't have anything better to do.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Sick in the head, huh?

Let me tell ya, I have been to the local occupy movement in Phoenix. While there have been no major incidents at the occupy location except for some arrests in the early days, there is increasingly a bad element getting involved. Yesterday they boarded the light rail system.

One guy, a protester, boarded and immediately started giving the conductor poo about not having a pass as he claimed that the machine ate his money but did not spit out a pass. This was very distracting. Some nice person handed the guy a full day pass yet he continued to give the conductor a bunch of crap.

Needless to say, the police were getting called by the conductor, because the jerk then turned around and started to pan handle.

Let them protest all they want to, but when they start interfering with people going about their normal business I find it to be rather obnoxious.

edit on 18-11-2011 by supine because: typo

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
What a load...the blaze...I heard no chanting "follow that kid" One person ran up to a father of a child...please you don't know what it was about. For all you know they could have been neighbors and he was running up to ask him to let the dog out. What a bunch of made up crap.
As far as I know NY is always crowded. A handful of kids walking to school...oh my god. The one kid thought it was a parade...he seemed so terrified. Four year old are scared of lots of things....My three year old says scooby is scary but then smiles about it because he likes being scared. Personally I would drive my kid to school while massive demonstrations are taking place not purposefully walk them through a crowd. I am sure they could have taken a different route like any good parent would have done. Seems more like a group of parents wanted to get on TV.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by outandopen Personally I would drive my kid to school while massive demonstrations are taking place not purposefully walk them through a crowd. I am sure they could have taken a different route like any good parent would have done. Seems more like a group of parents wanted to get on TV.

Or another police/city tactic to make the protesters look like foaming crazed maniacs.
Except that video does not back up the claims.

I swear to god,... people are so thick.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Am I the only one that can't find a video at any of the above links?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Even if a small handful of protesters did this, how could you categorize an ENTIRE movement that consists of thousands of people?
Not that it would dismiss the actions of INDIVIDUALS, but blaming an entire group? Come on.

I mean, guess what, I've seen people who are not in support of OWS becoming very hateful, immature, threatening and disrespectful before too, does that mean that I get to hate on ALL ANTI-OWS?
No, of course not. That wouldn't be reasonable.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Even if a small handful of protesters did this, how could you categorize an ENTIRE movement that consists of thousands of people?
Not that it would dismiss the actions of INDIVIDUALS, but blaming an entire group? Come on.

Kinda like blaming all three million people in the 1% for the actions of a few people who sought or received government bailouts for their companies.
edit on 18-11-2011 by FurvusRexCaeli because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Found it. had to fix my java blocker...

The video doesn't show anyone chanting "follow those kids" .

The kid at the end didn't look scared at all.. He said it looked like a parade, and when asked if it was fun or if it was scary, he smiled and said "a little scary, it was too crowded to go to school"
Does anyone else find it odd that the article mentioned the boy was 4 years old? I know I wasn't in school yet when I was 4..

The article makes it sound as though the OWS crowd was specifically targeting and harassing kids. The video shows no such thing.

edit on 11/18/2011 by DISINFORMANT because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

If any news is coming fromt the blaze and I read it now and then...it's more to the right than fox news is...although there are a few incidents here and there around the OWS protestors including the alleged white house shooting I'm of the mindset that things are only going to get worse as anarchists are going to take the opportunity to do what they do best...as an aside I hope OWS never has someone as the voice or head of the momvement because at that point is when it will really be in trouble...they the media and those who are against the movement will be able to strike that person down with some information that will then ruin the creditability of the entire movement...I think it's great that everyone speaks for the movement..on the other hand I do think they should funnel their energy into getting a non-profit group together and then work on lobbyists working for them...I don't think this movement has much to offer other than some more issues are civil disobediants from time to time..whether people are planted in the crowds or not..

link   
reply to post by eleven44

And yet, the Tea Party is all catagorized by the left and media as Racist....Nazi.....Fascist.....etc....

I will tell you that I was pretty much for the initial OWS idea, just as I was the Tea Party. But violence, rape, chaos, unsanitary conditions, interference with those not involved is becomin a daily occurrance.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Now this is getting ridiculous, people are really scraping the barrel here.

Yeah, we get it, you are against the aims of OWS, or you don't like the people protesting. But have a bit of balance and perspective please.

These marchers are not monsters, nor saints, they are representive of the people of US - thats the society that most of you guys live in. And you can take damn responsiblity for that society whilst we are on that subject.

What accusation is there going to be next? We've already had OWS are rapists, thieves, now we have child abusers right? Lets just be done with it and say that OWS are guilty of mass murder, rape and child abuse

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join