It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS READ:Increased Scrutiny for Aliens & UFO Forum

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Well im new and seeing as this will be my main forum im glad to see that there should at very least some manners and if nothing else a little respect

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I had this exact thing happen to me. I'm glad that it is being addressed. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Everyone needs to be honest about something. We're getting tired of the hoaxes, the delusional nutjobs, and such that it just seems endless. When have any of us seen any real hard evidence? None 99% of the time right? Well that needs to change, and also means hoaxers need to stop their bull considering how polluted youtube is with all that.

Hell I can't even tell that newcomer Corey Goode is actually the next delusional man or pray tell he is actually for real because says all these things, but yet again like those before him nothing comes of it. I'm tired of the crap. You know just for once I wish someone out there just present the real hard evidence of UFOs. No more playing games.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xvagrantx

ALSO GLAD TO SEE ATS CLEANIN HOUSE!

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I recently created a thread and can't seem to find it. Is it common to delete a thread and not notify the person who started it? Maybe a mod can send me a message. Thanks.

Rex

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rexrazor
This one?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
What I truly do not understand is that so many people now believe that we r not alone in the universe, the numbers must be in the millions so why don't we all come together using social media and walk onto sites such as dream land in droves, to see if we really r being lied to. If we were attacked for this action imagine the media coverage and public outrage. The truth is for us to take not to idely wait for it to be slowly fed to us over the next 200 years when oil has dwindled and the tycoons have made their money out of the last drops before giving us the revalation that we haven't needed fossil fuels for 80 years as alien tech which has been shared with us is available to us all for close to nothing financially .

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Bump.

All those that frequent the UFO/Aliens forum, please take a moment to refresh yourselves with the OP of this thread.

I and other staff members noticed quite a few complaints in recent discussions about this forum.

Most of our attention has been on some of the other forums (Politics....9/11....etc), however we will be trying to make sure we go over this one too.

However: Please alert posts that you feel require our attention. Do not wait and hope that one of us sees something that you think we need to take a look at in here. Alert the post and get our attention. We will look into it.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppytoven
I always found the immediate name calling and dramatic debunking as a sort of validation. To have an opposing viewpoit is one thing, but to have instant vicious insults that are obviously meant to distract from the main point -- that's an indication that you're onto something. a reply to: tothetenthpower

Took me awhile to figure that out, but I have definitely experienced what you are talking about.

When one side screamed cgi hoax while another side screamed "natural causes", both with an air of disgust and disparaging accusations, I knew I was onto something real. Especially when I had people trying to TELL ME what I had experienced without even being there.

When someone works that hard to make a poster look bad, its obvious they are not here for anything but lulz.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
A thread gets generated about this on a cyclical basis, so it appears we still have a ways to go.

Part of the issue is that many people don't know HOW to talk about this subject.

And we have to take into consideration how we are wired. So many of us live with a "scarcity mentality", which tells us that there is never enough for everyone to go around. To the victor goes the spoils. There is always going to be a winner and a loser...or several losers.

As a result, its easy to find people trying to "win" on the forum as opposed to discussing different points of view for the sake of learning.

That gets even weirder when the "points of view" become limited to three to four word statements intent on debunking, with NOTHING ELSE in mind.
"Its a bug"
"Its a bird"
"Its a balloon"

That's it???

Without providing more information...like WHY you think its a bug or balloon, what the flight characteristics are, posting comparison information, photos and videos, etc., "Its a bug" is just extremely lazy debunking. Its not discussing anything. It adds nothing. Attacking the original poster only makes it worse.

An abundance mentality believes that we all have something to gain. We can all win. All of us can benefit.

ATS is a gift. It provides us a space to live in that abundance mentality where all can win by sharing their experience.

There are places still on this planet where discussion of this kind is illegal. Why crap on this opportunity by being so cruel to each other? Why are so many intent on wasting this space with drivel like, "its a bug"? Why be so bloody lazy?

Maybe it might help in the future to set some guidelines for the Alien and UFO forum.

Its not that we need to fill out some kind of strict form, but it would be nice to see people commenting with certain standards and ideas in mind, like....

----------------------

Why are you here? Are you here to read what others have experienced, or are you here to TELL people what they have experienced?

What do you see and why do you see it that way? If you think an object is a bug, bird or balloon, WHY do you think so? What are the flight characteristics? Provide a photo or video for comparison .

Do you know of anyone who has had a similar experience? Who has filmed a similar phenomenon? Share it.
Have you witnessed anything similar? What did you witness? Share it.

If you witnessed anything similar, what did it FEEL like? Many UFO sightings are accompanied by a psi or psychic element. Did you have any feelings, visions, dreams during or after your experience? Share them.

------------------------

Just applying and answering a few of these questions alone pulls us out of the "its a bug" black hole, and moves us towards learning more about what a sighting is like, feels like, and the diversity of what people experience.

We can wait and wait and wait til we're blue in the face for someone to "provide us" with disclosure...continuing our worship and reverence for some "authority", or we can wake up and realize that disclosure is very much lies with the people. It begins and accelerates with us.

We can't just continue to "follow the leader" at every turn. Do your own research and share it.

That which makes the biggest noise is not always the whole truth. If Planet Earth teaches you nothing else, at least some eventually figure out that much of the treasure and truth is in the fine print. Much of that "fine print" comes from the experiences of your brothers and sisters... LISTEN!

There is still tons of information from contactees that is coming to fruition now that has been largely ignored by folks waiting for some authority to hand information down to them. People don't respect or believe their own brothers and sisters, which is sad. Do we really want to continue that tack on ATS...a space set aside exclusively as a "safe space" to discuss such things?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I take it all back.

I don't think its ever going to happen.

I'll believe it when I see it.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'm new and it's great to have at least everyone become civilized in a open forum discussion. I'm a bit confused on the flags I see on 137 flags - why would anyone flag this? It's important and it's necessary. Can someone explain to me about the flag icon?

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Great news to hear this, very true that UFOs is one of the pillars this site was built upon, I remember coming here what? 15 years ago and discovered and learned so much.
Good to see aggression and bad manners on both sides being warned.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Whateva69

The thing the mods are trying to get at is the threads are being posted primarily for people who believe and would like to discuss the ufo subject, I think they are saying have a peaceful discussion or if it genuinely offends you take a step back and visit a topic that you enjoy.
Hopefully givings us all a more positive ats experience.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Rhombus101

The thing the mods are trying to get at is the threads are being posted primarily for people who believe

Incorrect.

This is not to point the finger at skeptics only. A fair share of these posts can be attributed to believers who cannot take any other opinion than " I agree." This trend must also stop. If you are going to post a UFO video or topic, you can expect to be challenged by others with new ideas or differing opinions.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 8/9/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Rhombus101

You are bumping a three year old thread as if it is new.

Why?

posted on Apr, 30 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join