It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL MEMBERS READ:Increased Scrutiny for Aliens & UFO Forum

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xvagrantx

for many years i have been on ATS and the Aliens and UFO forum was the first one i accessed, i too am sick of the mostly non believers or skeptics coming on and insulting everyone, i dont mind constructive skeptisisim but flat out "your a idiot,your a metal case" kind of comments have no real reason behind it, im sick of seeing Aliens are not real, ufos arre not real topics when they have no real legitimacey too the thread, people on ATS actually put effort into posting informational topics that shed light on the subject but then they get insulted and debunked immediately by trolls and skeptics who think its nice to degrade a ATS users research, i know, iv had it happen to me, and i have done some good research for more then 10 years, i refuse to post anyone due to such behaviour. thank you ATS for stepping up to this issue, hopefully we will see constructive post on this topic in the ner future and it might bring users like my self back to the disccussion area to positivley research and solve whats really happneing out there in the univerese and government secrecey area.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by mandella1099

That is exactly what it means, period.

Apparently you are in error.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

To answer your edit. My concern was about rehashing old ground.
edit on 11/18/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

To a new member, it is not old ground. I have pointed out that the condescending attitude (I believe that the term addressed to you was "snarkyness") towards these posters was wrong, and now the moderators feel the same way. Sort of like when someone gets off on saying things like "apparently you are in error...."
edit on 18-11-2011 by mandella1099 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

I totally understand why feverishness debunkers insult people so much. It is because you are challenging their world view. They believe that we are in fact alone. Sure, some of them will make the claim that there is no evidence but the fact is you are challenging their world view.

I think that the believers as the debunkers call them actually do believe alien beings are visiting us. Some of them believe they have contact with said beings. They are tired of being ridiculed and called a liar, hoaxer, or kook. I too understand why they can be so hateful to debunkers.

Then you have the other types of people. The people between the two ends of the spectrum. I am this type of person and I personally find it irritating being labeled either a debunker or a believer because I am neither. I don't see the alien subject as a religion, I see it as a scientific frontier. I find it highly improbable that we have been visited but I also find it highly probable that life exists elsewhere in the universe. Life is too invasive just to exist on this small mote of dust we call Earth.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Personaly....I don't have too much...if anything at all....to bitch about. I have posted many things that I have stated....I cannot provide adequate proof....but nevertheless....it is true.

I have a fairly thick skin and have no issue whatsoever if another poster takes issue with my position or declaration of certain REALITIES that I know to be true.....yet all in all....I feel I have been given alot of leeway and feel I have been treated for the most part....very nicely.

I know I have a habit of CAP LOCKING...and am trying to cut down. LOL! But I have never viewed the board as a whole....in a bad light.

If there are any times that i might get a bit cranky....it's when a poster....by reason of either...not knowing or understanding....or by reason of just being caught up in their concepts of what they consider a wrong....my crankyness shows by method of a small explaination in concept....not word length....of why what the poster has said is pissing me off.

Please understand....I am not pissed at the person....just what I feel is an unjust assesment of very real people who are doing a near impossible job. So....if I made anyone feel bad...I am sorry. Besides....what the hell do I have to be upset over anyway.....this is fun for me....posting....and besides my occasional required obligations....I have an ENDLESS SUPPLY OF BEER!

That alone should make anyone keep a smile on their face and let slide the small stuff. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

verry well said to the post on this page 3 section
i guess the other thing that is anoying is the hoaxers, it delayes the effort of constructive evidence, and also, creats a problem with proving the existance of ufos and aliens, we become labled as fakes, liars, kooks, idiots and so forth by non believers, some users remind me of my partner, hen given the evidence, questions it, and decides on the plausable explanations without being a believer or skeptic,and thats one of the reasons why i lovve her
you all know who you are, i try to do the same.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I understand why you are doing it but this is the very same thing our own government is doing. You are choosing to shut down free speech. As a result, it's hard to knock our government for censorship if ATS is going to as well.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Hello i am new to ATS but have been coming to the site for a while so far i think this site is great and everyone here seems nice i am interested in a lot of topics and hope to post some info soon i am still trying learn how to use the site looking forward to talking to you all.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
finally a rise against the rude naysayers

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
reply to post by Tahnya86

I think that the believers as the debunkers call them actually do believe alien beings are visiting us. Some of them believe they have contact with said beings. They are tired of being ridiculed and called a liar, hoaxer, or kook. I too understand why they can be so hateful to debunkers.

And there you have it. A perfect example.

The rationale used by either side why they other side hated first and must be stopped and meanwhile we can all understand why our side hates the other.

But you see, If I try and post about my faith and spiritual experiences, I have to put up with "Stupid Christians, believing in faerie tales! Trying to run our lives by fear!" and not a moderator to be found. Try questioning the positions taken on the thinly veiled anti-Semitic threads. Just try.

The fact is, I can give as good as I get-- and better; but I don't come here for that. But just now, this thread sounds like unless I am supporting a conspiracy theory-- I am targeted by the site mods. When I have been flamed-- I haven't seen a mod jump in to my defense-- it may happen without my knowledge or maybe a short memory in that regard-- but I have never seen a thread by the SO disclaiming the behaviors of the Moon Hoaxers.

That is my gripe-- the implication in the OP is "don't challenge a conspiracy theory or a hoax theory because we are going to yank YOUR chain-- no matter how offensive the CT or hoaxer is." And I have had enough double standards used against me to not object to an obvious one now.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I am truly happy about this.
Like many others here I find it difficult to express some of my personal experiences.
I also keep a low profile about my thoughts and theories of other member’s threads or posts for the same reasons you mention in the OP.

With this forum now being under constant review, I’m sure I will be more likely to post and comment without the threat of intimidation, as I have witnessed happen to others.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The necessity of threads like this is one of the main reasons I don't come around this forum too much.

+1 more 
link   

Something I have wanted to point out for a while.......

The quality of ATS posts have gone down, in part because of the reasons described in this thread but also because many of the long time, frequent and popular posters have been banned.

Is it just me, or does it seem like the old timers are being picked off one-by-one? This place does not have the same feel as it used to - I joined back when this place has a sense of community and an air of mystery - now we just get incessant "Shocking!!!" and "OMG WTF LOL WUT!!" threads that start and finish as little more than trolling and nonsense.

It seems to be more about how many hits ATS can get to generate revenue as opposed to providing quality content and looking after it's members. I understand having to make money, but where do you draw the line?

I won't name names, anyone who has been a member for a while here knows the people I speak of.

link   
I'm quite sure this site is about being open minded. Close-mindedness doesn't work here. @_@

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
If you've seen the topic discussed before, don't click on the thread. Easy.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Something I have wanted to point out for a while.......

The quality of ATS posts have gone down, in part because of the reasons described in this thread but also because many of the long time, frequent and popular posters have been banned.

Is it just me, or does it seem like the old timers are being picked off one-by-one? This place does not have the same feel as it used to - I joined back when this place has a sense of community and an air of mystery - now we just get incessant "Shocking!!!" and "OMG WTF LOL WUT!!" threads that start and finish as little more than trolling and nonsense.

It seems to be more about how many hits ATS can get to generate revenue as opposed to providing quality content and looking after it's members. I understand having to make money, but where do you draw the line?

I won't name names, anyone who has been a member for a while here knows the people I speak of.

I have to agree that the general quality of posts in the main forum I visit (the UFO and Aliens forum), has plummeted to the point where there seems to be very little, if any value to visiting the site.

I am not saying this is any fault of the people administering this site, as I believe that this simply is resulting from a change in the general level of quality in UFO sightings the world over. I have myself noticed that the proliferation of "garbage" video and photos, mixed with the proliferation of hoaxes and CGI student porjects, has lead to a situation where it is difficult to take any sighting seriously.

I find that I am almost never interested by any post that relates to a UFO sighting, and I am bored by the recycling of the same old threads, like "Show me proof", "Aliens are Demons", etc, etc.

I am still interested in the subject matter, but I think that most of the interesting material seems to be moving over to "the Gray Area".

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I'm a new member but have been visiting ats for awhile. The wealth of information here is enormous, but i do think that this forum can be kind of hostile at times.

I can also understand how members can be a bit weary of posting a thread and getting rude debunkers. debunkers and skeptics are an essential part of the discussion on ats, but more then often those people here do it in a rude and condescending way. Other then that, I enjoy this site and will continue to be an active member of it.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

I am truly happy about this.
Like many others here I find it difficult to express some of my personal experiences.
I also keep a low profile about my thoughts and theories of other member’s threads or posts for the same reasons you mention in the OP.

With this forum now being under constant review, I’m sure I will be more likely to post and comment without the threat of intimidation, as I have witnessed happen to others.

Love and harmony
Whateva

69...I was dismayed when I read that you have been intimidated or perhaps experienced a fear of being so....while visiting this Board.

Believe it or not....I was once VERY SHY in the extreme as a kid and although my Mom made sure I was taught that all people have merit and should be considered Equal and treated as such...this deeply ingrained LOVE and LIGHT concept of dealing with people....earned me a period of time in my life where I was picked on for being so...non-confrontational.

This was short lived as this particular life lesson was soon reexplained by my Father....who at that time was in the Military and my Mom was working as a "Civilian" Secretary for the General in charge of running a Major SAC base.

All I can say to you is that...despite I am a Man and you....I would guess from your avatar are a woman....there are ALWAYS going to be people out there who have a need to feel superior by many different means....over another person. This is THEIR ISSUE and their problem....and usually exists because of their attempt to overcome a short comming....or their attempt to overcome some form of Trauma inflicted upon them.

Don't let people like this or anyone else....stiffle your desire to say something or make a point. There is not a person on Earth who has a greater understanding of your REALITY than YOU! So...GO GETEM!
Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Funny how the UFO forum has always had issues with Civility and Decorum unlike the political forum, Current and Social issues where trolls and blatant disinfo is upheld. Good to see the Moderators cracking down on the Lunatic fringe that thinks planes are alien craft and the new age cults hijacking the Science of it, because 9 times out of 10 that is who usually rages and derails topics from my observation .

This is a truth seeking forum, not fantasy and sci-fi kids, summers over

If you follow this path of critical thinking and investigation then you will be fine if not take a vacation to the Grey area and tell all the duck tales

edit on 19-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Thanks for the warning & the heads-up. If I return from an abduction in a brainwashed Shermer state, with the sole intention of verbally assaulting my enthusiastic counterparts on my favorite forum, it’s nice to know that we’ll all be protected.

Admittedly, I was quick to overlook the remedial nature of this thread. It took reviewing some of the previous warning threads to realize that this wasn’t a ‘read between the lines’ or ‘ulterior meaning’ conspiratorial statement (i.e., my radar went-on thinking that we were being covertly warned of real MIBs trolling, debunking, making lists--or something of that nature).

Like others here, I’m grateful for ATS & look forward to new threads in this forum, but after reading some of these posts, I’m saddened. It’s extremely unfortunate that the transparent attention seeking negativity & criticism, by what I’ve always assumed to be from ‘the fearful’ (or MIB disinfo agents attempting to corrupt the forum), actually deters others from posting.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I gave you a star I agree with the banning thing, but i have been here since 2007 and still have not been banned since even when messing the the mods plus all my threads were FAIL. I never gave it thought but i guess I am not so popular after all and i guess that means i don't get to sit at the table with the jocks, cheerleaders and popular kids during lunch.

You just cant win

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join