It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historians Claim New Research Shows Oswald Acted Alone in JFK Assassination

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I watched that last week too, I'm still dubious. I mean look at the rifle used, not a precision instrument but 2 head shots on a moving, albeit slowly, target?

As a shooter that troubles me, my 2 go to rifles for anything are my .25-06 and my .375 H&H; they are tuned to RUN and sighted @ 300 yds, I know the groups of my chosen loads, I completely know their ballistics, and sure the distance @ Kennedy was less than 100 yds, but I'm still dubious of Lee Harvey. I mean his adrenaline would've been pumping, he had that balky bolt throw, he'd be mashign the trigger rather than pressing a shot, and a small time window. Wasn't there ex marines who stated he often got Maggie's Britches (completely missed shot) at the range?

That said, out to 600 yards with my 300 gr Accubond loading in my 375 H&H, I have no worries where the shot will end up, now the target might move as time of flight is a little bit of time, but on a stationary target the groups are as tight as a miser's fist. And no I didn't shoot JFK! ;-)

Derek

new topics

<< 1   >>

join