It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the weird bird that’s half-chicken, half-turkey.The churkey!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
See we should have taken the bird flu more seriously just ask this duck he has mutated into a durcky. Now if we can mix him with the churkey voila turducken.

Thats a muscovie by the way pretty much just a really ugly duck. We had them for a time on our farm they are ugly as hell.
edit on 12-2-2013 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

That poor thing really is ugly.

But do they taste good?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

IMHO.... no not to tasty, the eggs weren't any good either. We only had them for a short time for that reason if I recall correctly. They are interesting animals tho, originaly from around mexico they adapt very well to cold weather. They are very hardy animals .

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Heads up folks - nothing Crypto here. It isn’t possible for turkeys and chickens to procreate outside of a lab and I’m not sure within either.

These 'Churkens'? They're plain old bald necked chickens - and have been around for ages. Hell, I raised my first chicks over 25 years ago.

They’re called Turkens and they’re all chicken - just saying.

The exact origins of Naked Necks, or Turkens, is uncertain, but some archaeologists believe they originated in Malaysia and spread from there. The popular name, Turken, comes from the mistaken belief that it was a cross between a turkey and a chicken, but the Naked Neck is all chicken. The current Naked Neck breed was developed in Eastern Europe in Hungary and Romania and later perfected in Germany in the nineteenth century. Naked Necks were admitted to the APA in 1965.

They're very good mothers, gentle and are great for kids - they're also good in hot weather where some other breeds are not. Oh, and they are VERY CUTE when they're little!

The Turken Silkies are even cuter!

Added Note I've been using the Murray McMurray hatchery for years - they are FANTASTIC!

peace
edit on 12-2-2013 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Haha
for murrary mcmurray. Oh my 4-h days how I miss them. I wanna order a catalouge now.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

added note: I second ^ murray mcmurray is tops

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Tests have recently shown that the common churkey is actually 80% horse meat reared by Romany gypsies and sold on the black market to KFC and Bernard Matthews.
edit on 12-2-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join