It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extra Giant Planet May Have Dwelled in Our Solar System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well this can prove some people theories right after all. Now NASA says:

Within our solar system, an extra giant planet, or possibly two, might once have accompanied Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune and Uranus. Computer models showing how our solar system formed suggested the planets once gravitationally slung one another across space, only settling into their current orbits over the course of billions of years.

Really NASA? let me tell you guys, something is brewing out there and finally the answers are thrown out. Secret cant be hidden forever.
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

Yeah and the next thing you know we will have anunnaki on our doorsteps. Billions of years my ass, one of those things came close to earth in Joshua's time.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

haha annunakis coming soon be on ALERT lol

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I wish nasa would learn to keep this psudeo-scientific hypothetical computer models to them selfs , untill they have actual evidence and real data to support such claims.

All articles like this does is confuse more , but i know they need things like this to make it look like they are doing something and gimme more funding .

computer models piss me off ,

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]Any idea how many times this has been posted?

It's a lot.
edit on 18-11-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The idea that there was an ejected planet during the time the planets form does in no way help those who claim an extra planet exists in the system today.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
All it proves is what we know as fact today, will change tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

from what I believe they are giving a hint. so at the end if it does exist, they have something to back them up with.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

A hint for what?

I was thinking about it this morning. A lot of people think NASA, the government, the media, movie industry give hints through articles, visual, symbolism, etc. I really don't buy that at all. Actually, I don't think they know any more than we do. If they truly did know something, I don't think they would waste their time, energy and resources to figure out how to give us hints.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

The only reason they are giving hints is because they have to, by giving out hints, people start doing researcher and post it on web. Scientist or governments can access any file on your computer or the Net, so maybe they put it out there to see what others think and grasp useful info from other people. Just like ATS you post up a question you aren't sure about , but you think is right and you want to hear others opinion on it. Same with scientist i guess.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Yeah I suppose that would make more sense than the assumption they know something but don't want to or can't just be straight forward. But again, do you think NASA has a room full of employees researching what the general population is discussing, on-line, about what they publish?

I think the article is cool simply because it shows, yet again, that we really have no clue....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
hmmm Planet X does not exist but a Planet or two might have been here billions of years ago?

maybe the Sumerian story ain't wrong after all.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LookSkywatcher
hmmm Planet X does not exist but a Planet or two might have been here billions of years ago?

maybe the Sumerian story ain't wrong after all.

The Sumerians weren't here billions of years ago, and even if they were they had no way to look at the sky other than the human eye, they wouldn't have seen it.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
maybe it didn't happen billions of years ago.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
As was mentioned in the other threads made about this..

This is just computer modelling and they are some of the many ways that our solar system could be as we see it today.

Nibiru/Planet X, etc, have no bearing on this as the extra giants the models in question use, were flung out and are no longer gravitationally bound to the sun. They're gone into interstellar space, never to be seen again. The models that utilized the extra giant planets in their calculations are pretty conclusive on this. Also, these are not the only models showing how the solar system may have formed.

I wouldn't call it anyone giving us a hint so much as scientists being thorough as they should be.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Picture an unseen Jupiter sized planet or two being flung out into space for every star in the sky. That is a huge amount of mass being shot randomly around. It can and does lead to rouge planets entering stellar systems.

About 5 year ago the GALEX probe sent back a series of pictures that apparently showed just this sort of thing happening. The video showed a small red object impact a star and the star became 10,000 times brighter than before. This burst of light illuminated a small ring shaped gas cloud that appeared to be less than 10 light hours from the star. Gas clouds don't stay that close to stars and and ring shaped cloud would be quickly torn out of shape by gravity. The only answer to what the cloud was, is that it was a gas giant planet that was completely disrupted by what ever it was that hit the star.

Imagine a super Earth coming in at 25% the speed of light. It would impact Jupiter and keep going. When it hit the sun the increase in output would burn us all alive. That happened in our galaxy not too long ago.

It could happen here.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If an earth sized planet hit Jupiter that's where its journey would end. Jupiter is over 1,300 times the size of earth, such a planet would likely start to break up when it entered Jupiter's Roche limit, and appear like a huge Shoemaker/Levy impact, leaving the orbit of Jupiter largely unaffected. So I doubt an earth sized planet breaking apart by the sun would have serious consequences to us, however I would wear my sunglasses.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

i dont believe half the shyte NASA says anyways! lies upon lies upon lies! the only thing i do believe is a small majority of pictures, but Mars photos where doctered in contast and landscape just like the moon, they can shuv it!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
interesting!

Even more interesting is the notion that interstellar planets cound bear life?

media.caltech.edu...
edit on 23-11-2011 by wellsybelieves because: spelling error

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
From the article

"This is just a beginning," Nesvorny said. "It will need quite a lot of work to see if there actually was the fifth planet. I am not fully convinced myself."

It seems like a plausible theory, I thought I also saw a theory once that a small planet hit Jupiter causing the asteroid belt? An ejected planet would not cause any harm to Earth at this point. Maybe they are pointing to something in the Oort cloud as a possible second planet?

new topics

top topics

join