It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Steps Forward With A New Plan - Leadership Has Arrived

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Supercommittee may fail but the Tea Party is operating in parallel with a new proposal.

Rand Paul says the solution is to FREEZE spending for 5 years.

The 2012 Federal Budget will be the exact same as the 2011 budget.

That's it!

More ideas here:
Tea Party Budget Solutions - Something New
edit on 18-11-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Excellent!!!
Now, let's see the left vilify this plan as being against the poor, or the minorities. I'm sure they can spin some real rhetoric to denounce this as being UN-American in some form or fashion.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Excellent!!!
Now, let's see the left vilify this plan as being against the poor, or the minorities. I'm sure they can spin some real rhetoric to denounce this as being UN-American in some form or fashion.

Democrap Party .. the party of victims.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

No drastic cuts anywhere.

Simply - FREEZE - spending at 2011 levels for 5 years.

Moodys and Standard & Poors would give it a thumbs up.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
That plan is weak sauce.

The tea party is all talk no action. They said they would cut spending........ why not cut it?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
That plan is weak sauce.

The tea party is all talk no action. They said they would cut spending........ why not cut it?

If this plan saves $$$ Trillions and gets a thumbs up from Moodys and the S&P i'll take it.

We have to go with something.

The supercommittee will crash and burn.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Freezing spending for 5 years won't solve a damn thing.

Considering the problems are CURRENT spending; not future spending. Another band-aid request by the GOP and the Tea Party. Although no better than what Democrats have proposed.

If your not going to cut defense, federal agencies that are useless, re-work medicaire and social security, you aren't doing anything, you should just stay home and yell at the TV.

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Considering the problems are CURRENT spending; not future spending. Another band-aid request by the GOP and the Tea Party. Although no better than what Democrats have proposed.

If your not going to cut defense, federal agencies that are useless, re-work medicaire and social security, you aren't doing anything, you should just stay home and yell at the TV.

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Well, hold on! This is just to get us through our current - divided government - situation.
The cuts will come in January 2013. - New President of the United States + control of the
U.S. Senate.

In the meantime, lets go with this.

Think 10 years ahead not 10 minutes ahead. This will work.
Go to the link on my 1st post for the cuts on the way.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

John Kerry has a different plan.

Here it is. Raise taxes $1 Trillion immediately.

Cut costs $1 Trillion sometime over the next 10, 100, 1000 years. I guess maybe not at all.

----------
Just think what the liberals could do with another $1 Trillion falling in the front door!

Solyndra 2.0 , 3.0 , 4.0...........

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'm so sick of hearing people say "oh don't do that, it won't make a difference". Well hell if half of the things that wouldn't make a difference were all done the cumulative effect WOULD be making a difference. Someone needs to do something other than sit back and say don't do that it won't make a difference.

I applaud any plan that cuts govt spending. Whether it's elected officials salaries, the military, foreign aid, dependency programs, cut cut cut.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

~Keeper

Well, hold on! This is just to get us through our current - divided government - situation.
The cuts will come in January 2013. - New President of the United States + control of the
U.S. Senate.

So spending freeze for 5 years.. Then cuts in 2013...

Since when does 2011-2013 make 5 years?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DISINFORMANT

It's just the way government works.

When a new group is elected in November, they can basically do whatever they want.

A new GOP controlled Senate, House & White House can write a whole new plan/bill that
basically makes the - mild - FREEZE baid aid bill null & void.

-- U.S. Congress 101 --

They didn't really teach me this in Civics class i had to find this new info on my own.

edit on 18-11-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I'm so sick of hearing people say "oh don't do that, it won't make a difference". Well hell if half of the things that wouldn't make a difference were all done the cumulative effect WOULD be making a difference. Someone needs to do something other than sit back and say don't do that it won't make a difference.

I applaud any plan that cuts govt spending. Whether it's elected officials salaries, the military, foreign aid, dependency programs, cut cut cut.

Exactly, this band aid fix will hold us over until November 2012.

It's very hard for the liberals to throw rocks at this plan because it continues to fund
their sacred cows.

They will be forced to hold their noses and vote yes.

When Moodys and the S&P say thats looks good, then they won't have a leg to stand on.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The tea party is grasping at straws.
They know what's about to happen to them in the upcoming elections.
The signs are on the walls of Ohio and Wisconsin.
Good riddens.
They are dying a quicker death than Fox news, but the bell tolls for them both.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
The tea party is grasping at straws.
They know what's about to happen to them in the upcoming elections.
The signs are on the walls of Ohio and Wisconsin.
Good riddens.
They are dying a quicker death than Fox news, but the bell tolls for them both.

The Tea Party has the power and influence.
Just watch what happens over the next 7 days.

The Senator John Kerry plan has EVERYBODY rolling their eyes.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Glad everyone seems to be ragging on the Tea Party Budget freeze proposal. You do know that most of the budget debates that are going on really are only slowing the planned growth of government, right? There should be a freeze as well as actual budgets cuts. Freeze spending levels and have every department in the federal Government trim it's spending by 2% a year, for five years, and we might actually get out of this mess.

If a business or Government Department can't trim 2% in a year, then someone else needs to be running it.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

U.S. Senate.

So 2013 is 5 years away?

Good lord the GOP are funnier every day. There won't be a new president, nor will there be control of the Sente. The status quo will be maintained. I won't argue election politics with you, but Obama will win re-election, although I wish he wouldn't.

The only candidate who could beat him is Ron Paul, and he's not going to be the nominee.

You mis understand. The long term is what I was talking about. Freezing spending is a band aid, and will not work. You can't freeze the money of a nation or how the government spends money. Monetary and spending policy should be in full motion all year round, with significant changes happening all the time.

You also can't just cut spending, you have to raise revenue. There's no plan on the table for that, the GOP would like to REDUCE revenue by means of tax cuts. Which truly is a tax spending, as now they have to find that much more money in order to balance the budget.

See where the problem is?

Any economist worth his weight in gold will tell you that drastic change is required in the World Financial System in order to make things ok. And by drastic they don't mean just changing the way we legislate the system, we need to change the system.

And stop believing what politicians tell you. They are all lying. Their interests lie with others, not you.

~Keeper

edit on 11/18/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)
extra DIV
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Glad everyone seems to be ragging on the Tea Party Budget freeze proposal. You do know that most of the budget debates that are going on really are only slowing the planned growth of government, right? There should be a freeze as well as actual budgets cuts. Freeze spending levels and have every department in the federal Government trim it's spending by 2% a year, for five years, and we might actually get out of this mess.

If a business or Government Department can't trim 2% in a year, then someone else needs to be running it.

This band aid will pass.

The EPA and the Department of Education will disappear in 2013.

----------
The main goal will be to put Americans back to work and get the unemployment rate down to 4%.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Obama will not get re- elected.

The unemployment rate is too high.

Their best case scenario is to let Hillary Clinton take over the DNC race in January 2012.
Recent polling data has her doing much better than Obama against the GOP.

I'm guessing her VP will be Senator John Kerry.
----------

Ron Paul never really had a chance.
We need someone more down to Earth and practical about facing Iran.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Rand Paul says the solution is to FREEZE spending for 5 years.

I do not like this. The government is spending more than its revenue. Cuts are needed. A balanced budget is needed. Actually, a surplus is needed to begin paying down the $15T+ debt. Freezing the spending and perpetuating the over spending is dumb.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join