It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is so amazing about Bush?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Why are so many people so infatuated with Bush? I would say a majority of people I've recently had political discussions with that say they are going to vote for him again want to simply because they "like" him. Why is he so amazing? Would anyone even care about him if he weren't president? Take the president title away from him and what do you have?
Arguably he has a not so impressive track record with managing this country when compared to other contemporary presidents, he seems to have the verbal skills of a fourth grader, and there isn't much interesting about him...

So what is it? I just can't figure it out... If he were a "normal" person society wouldn't give him a second thought due to the way he makes himself look.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
If he wasn't president, he would propably end up being posted in threads like this one here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Asking to identify him.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I really can't answer that question. Before 911 happened and after I'd kind've forgotten being upset that Gore had'nt won, I had just ignored him. I think I also ignored him when he was running for prez.
Maybe I should've paid him more attention, but he did'nt seem to have that much personality to me at that time.
He seemed rather boreing. Kind've like Gerald Ford was.
I'm going to pay more attention to BOTH candidates in presidential races from now on.
Bush has taught me that.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Elaine, "both"?

There are more then 2 candidates and some of them make rather good points, have a very decent agenda, have plenty of personality and can win every debate against whatever candidate the Reps or Dems bring forward.
Their agenda might be not for you, but still you should check out all the options and not stick by the 2 party system the Dems and Reps are trying to push on you.

Saying "both" already makes you fail in your promise, to yourself, to pay more attention imho.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Elaine, "both"?

There are more then 2 candidates and some of them make rather good points, have a very decent agenda, have plenty of personality and can win every debate against whatever candidate the Reps or Dems bring forward.
Their agenda might be not for you, but still you should check out all the options and not stick by the 2 party system the Dems and Reps are trying to push on you.

Saying "both" already makes you fail in your promise, to yourself, to pay more attention imho.

Good points. You do, however, lose credit since you live in a foreign country. You might want to change your signature. Many people get upset worldwide when they feel like Americans try to influence their own elections.

Once again, good and intelligent points.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
tacitblue, the answer is simple. Americans are stupid ...

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by netbound

And you have only reinforced that opinion.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   

And does it matter? Nope. Our system has failed and is breaking down. Our government's integrity is what I am most concerned with when it comes to this election and I see us having 2 (bad) choices.

To me Bush and his administration have clearly demonstrated an inability to govern this nation in a progressive way. Kerry and his team, on the other hand don't seem like they will be much better. The only thing in my mind that separtes the two is one has a proven track record and the other doesn't. The big question to me is was it planned that way and if so by whom?

You are right though, there are plenty of other canidates to choose from. but I feel it is unrealistic to think that any of them have even a remote chance of winning, let alone being in a televised presidential debate... This is not how the system should work in a free society... But then we are not free... Just not as oppressed as others.

American's aren't stupid... Stupid people are stupid. They can be found all around the world and throughout history. Stupid people are the reason for many of society's ailments.

[edit on 4-9-2004 by tacitblue]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
To answer this question: What is so amazing about Bush?
I think the only logical answer is: It's amazing that his knuckles don't scrape the ground when he walks.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf
Good points. You do, however, lose credit since you live in a foreign country. You might want to change your signature. Many people get upset worldwide when they feel like Americans try to influence their own elections.

Your comment is unfortunatly unfounded. Read my postings in here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Although I live in belgium, I happen to have lived half my life in the US, have worked there up to recent times for extended periods of time and do have both nationalities.

I'm a registered voter.

tacitblue:
No matter if the system shows to be failing, if you don't vote for who you want to be in the house, you are aiding in destroying the system.

Persistence in voting for who you want as US President is one of the few things you can do to help restore the system.

[edit on 4-9-2004 by thematrix]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
"Posted by dcgolf
"And you have only reinforced that opinion."

See what I mean, tacitblue? You can recite undeniable facts to them all day long, and they still just don't get it.

Pathetic ...

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
One should never forget that Bush is a vile and common war criminal, at least what concerns international law and the statutes of the UN. He is mentally very sick. This unusual psychotic grin is what appeals to people who are not educated or senseful enough to sense his foul disorder or who are so inhumane that they lack the necessary moral basis to condemn war crimes.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Bush is amazing because he has shown America that even a 2nd place person can be a winner

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Bush is amazing, because he actually does what he says he is going to do! Unlike Kerry, Clinton and the dem party who usually plan their words depending on who they are talking to, and accoring to the polls.

In Detroit, Kerry praises SUV's. In Florida, he claims he doesn't own one, then when pressed on this issue, he says, oh my family owns SUV's not me.

I'm voting for Kerry BEFORE I vote against him!

[edit on 4-9-2004 by Carseller4]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
They are all politicians which means they are all liars and will say what people want to hear in an effort to get what they want. Not all are like this but the bad ones taint the whole bunch for me.

Also, don't give Bush too much credit for everything having to do with government policy... He is just the public "speaker." People forget that the president is really just a figure... Members of his administration are the ones setting the policy. I don't think this is more apparent than now...

I'm sorry but I do not consider a middle aged man with a 4th grade vocabulary smart in any form. Either he simply doesn't care or was never able to jump through the hoops we all are forced to go through. While he might be reassuing to those with ADD that they do have the potential to amount to something great I'm not comfortable with what has been going on. Imagine someone like Bush actually trying to run a country by himself? Yeah right, give me a break... He is not a leader, he's someone's b*tch.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
OK, first of all nobody said that Bush is amazing, so I don't know from where or from who you got that from. Kerry is not amazing as well, heck we didn't have an amazing president since Eisenhower was in office.

I would say though that Bush is much more preferable to me than Kerry is. None of the candidates right now are worthy of leadership of this country, but as it stands, my vote goes for Bush. You ask why? Here's why:

First of all, Bush has a certain charisma that makes him much more appealing as opposed to Kerry. Bush is a more down-to-earth kind of guy, you know the kind of guy you'd have a beer with. Even though Bush sometimes comes off a little blunt, he is much more presentable than Kerry.

Secondly, I always say that one should follow somebody who believes in something and goes after what he believes. Bush is that kind of guy, he is solid, he makes up his mind quickly, he is patriotic in the sense that he wants americans to shape their own destiny without shall we say, any outside force. His war on terrorism is an effective one to a certain extent (depends on how you look at it). Bush is also very decisive and he proves it time after time that when he wants something done, it's done.

Thirdly and most importantly, Bush believes in something. He follows a certain road and does whatever it takes to make sure he achieves his goals. Kerry on the other hand believes in nothing, Kerry is an inconsistent guy, he changes his opinions daily, even though the guy served in Vietnam, he does not come off as a patriot. Besides, Kerry's entire campaign focuses on two things: his military record (which is very shaky if you know some of the facts, such as what over 200 Swift Vets claim) and of course the war in Iraq. Kerry simply comes off as a weak, liberal man, totally unfit for leadership or command of this country.

Lastly, regardless of what has been said here about Bush's grammar skills, I can tell you right now that Bush is an excellent speech controller. He comes off as convincing and very reliable and as I said he comes off as patriotic and someone who should be trusted.

I could go all day about this and get into detail about what's good about Bush and what's bad about Kerry, but I reckon it will bore some of the people here.

As a final note, I'd like to say that if you're not an american you should not reply to threads like this and you should not involve yourself in the presidential campaigns in the US, since if you're not american you do not know all the facts, and if you don't know all the facts, please do not post your BS, as you know nothing about this country except for what the media tells you.

[edit on 4-9-2004 by kress]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Bush with his semi-literate speech and difficulty thinking clearly gives hope to all semi-literate and illiterate people who have a hard time formulating their own ideas, that if you believe in god you too can become president.

They don't see, due to the Whitehouse PR machine, that GEORGE W. BUSH is a preppie rich boy, who has NEVER done anything of substance in his ENTIRE LIFE, including his presidency. Even in the Whitehouse Cheney and Rove call the shots. He got out of Yale, lord only knows how ($$$)? He got to enlist in the Texas National Guard over 1500 young men who were on the list ahead of him, because of his DADDY then Senator G. H. W. Bush.

The really sad thing is children seeing GEORGE W. BUSH will interpret it correctly, seeing with unvarnished clarity, that lazy, sleazy, cheapshot artist, phonys like GEORGE W. BUSH become president. Rationally they may assume the way to become president is to do coc aine and alcohol, lie, cheat, steal and live off favors from friends.

PS. kress,
Rove is the speech controller NOT GEORGE W. BUSH.
Simple minds come up with simple clear answers which are often simply WRONG. whispers "Iraq"
I like to hear from my fellow citizens of my planet even if they don't live in the US.
We are all inhabitants of a tiny but beautiful planet adrift in the ocean of space and time.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Slank I agree with you to a certain extent, but the real question remains:

Can Kerry do a better job than Bush?

I KNOW he can't, for a whole lot of reasons. So, like it or not, when I look at the alternatives I'm not very joyful, which is why AS IT STANDS, Bush is the one I prefer. If you can come up with a stronger candidate than Bush, a candidate that belives in something, then I would certainly keep my mind open for other options.

BTW - You say that Bush is a lousy speaker? Just wait for the debates, Bush is gonna kill Kerry just like he did with Gore.

[edit on 4-9-2004 by kress]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Kerry is not thrilling, but i like him. I feel comfortable with him. He won't be a ROGUE COWBOY in the Whitehouse. I think he uses his mind and doesn't grab quickly at easy answers simply because they ARE easy.

Bush has taken us into a war in Iraq. There are NO WMDs. There was no working connection between Saddam and Al-Qaeda. HE/WE have created a mess. Let me repeat MESS. This is where a selfcontained, if evil, govenment kept things under control. We have killed tens of thousands of INNOCENT Iraqis and almost a thousand of our OWN young men and women.

FOR NOTHING.

THINGS are WORSE, NOT better

We have created a breeding ground for terrorists. Do you think we OR the current Iraqi govenment controls Falluja? guess again.

We have INFLAMED the Muslim world from Indonesia to the Middle East with our invasion of Iraq and our subsequent torturing of prisoners of Abu-Grabe.

Do you vote for the US president who will try to portray that he has liberated the Iraqi people?
HE WAS NOT ELECTED TO PROTECT OR FREE THE IRAQI PEOPLE.
GEORGE W. BUSH WAS ELECTED TO PROTECT AMERICAN FREEDOMS,
NOT INFRINGE THEM.

ALL of the legislation GEORGE W. BUSH have passed has been favors, privileges, and welfare for corporate EXPATRIOT America.

Haliburton, GE, and Conoco do business with Iran, North Korea, and other states that sponsor terrorism.

GEORGE W. BUSH has done NOTHING to locate, contain, and aquire nuclear materials around the planet.

I GUESS GEORGE W. BUSH IS GOING TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT NUCLEAR ATTACK BEFORE HE DOES ANYTHING ABOUT THAT.

Kerry in HIS campaign has talked about rounding up nuclear materials.
Kerry will use his intelligence and not be hearing voices from God.
Kerry actually cares about human beings.
GEORGE W. BUSH is more concerned about his God and religion than he is about actual living human beings.
GEORGE W. BUSH is FISCALLY IRRESPONSIBLE.

BELIEVING in something that is WRONG is NOT a good thing.
Please preserve me from people who believe without evidence and give me people who look, observe and think BEFORE they act.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf

Originally posted by thematrix
Elaine, "both"?

I'll have to debate you on what you said about thematrix losing credits because he's a foreigner. thematrix seems to understand our government and the way it's run better than a lot of Americans. He has undoubtedly studied and learned a great deal on American politics. He doesn't bash Americans and his opinions and his knowledge should be welcome for others to read and learn from. I feel like he has earned points for his intellectual views.

To get back to the topic af this thread, I'm not infatuated by Pres. Bush. I'm grateful that a man of his stature is able to be at the helm, when there is a crisis presently posing danger to this nation. He has backbone and he's steadfast in his decisions. There are many men that has the capabilities that our Chief has, but unfortunately, they're not running for election. I have a great deal of respect for Mr. Bush for standing firm in the face of harsh criticism. Not many men would have the character that George Bush has repeatedly demonstrated while he has been in office. And he will continue to do so for the next 4 years. He couldn't care less of the negative comments he continuously recieves about his grammar and actions. He's got a job to do. It's a very tough and demanding job that many people would buckle under pressure and have a mental breakdown because of their inabilities. It's far from being a glory job, which seems to me is what these other candidates from other party seems to think.

I'd go anywhere in the world when ordered by this present president. because I know that order would be justified.

[edit on 4/9/04 by Intelearthling]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join